Re: Why Dark-Skinned People From The Dominican Republic Refuse Their Blackness

this was just posted up today:

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Black in Latin America: Brazil's Complex View of Race and Color[/h1]Brazil once touted itself as free of racism. It turns out that the truth was more complicated -- a lot more complicated. In his new PBS series, The Root's editor-in-chief examines the complexities of race and color in Brazil, the country with the second-largest number of people of African descent in the world after Nigeria -- far more than the United States. Check out the video below and those to the right to find out why the scope of slavery was so much larger in Brazil, and what prompted Gates to say, "I knew how barbaric slavery was in the United States, but it was even worse in Brazil."

Can't seem to embed but Vid following link

http://www.theroot.com/mu...plex-view-race-and-color

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

It feeds into the same line of European idology that has been the root of modern strife across the globe.
Is that a Bat-Signal I see?
laugh.gif

Anyways, interesting thread. Don't have much to contribute because I'm Asian, but very informative.

laugh.gif

The bat is actually an ancient African symbol of fertility that was hijacked by Bruce Wayne, a rich, white, fascist, who used the symbol to enact a reign of terror on the minorities of Gotham City.

It feeds into the same line of European idology that has been the root of modern strife across the globe.
laugh.gif

Anyways, interesting thread. Don't have much to contribute because I'm Asian, but very informative.

laugh.gif

The bat is actually an ancient African symbol of fertility that was hijacked by Bruce Wayne, a rich, white, fascist, who used the symbol to enact a reign of terror on the minorities of Gotham City.

laugh.gif

I threw that part in hoping someone would catch it
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

And even I don't really believe that white people is evil or anything, or Europeans are more prone to destruction that anyone else. The only part where I actually agree with that is there is a "white is right," mentality that pervades multicultural socities, where positive aspects are associated with whiteness and negative aspects are considered black.  I don't actually buy into the "white man got everything from Egypt" theory or whatever
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I threw that part in hoping someone would catch it
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

And even I don't really believe that white people is evil or anything, or Europeans are more prone to destruction that anyone else. The only part where I actually agree with that is there is a "white is right," mentality that pervades multicultural socities, where positive aspects are associated with whiteness and negative aspects are considered black.  I don't actually buy into the "white man got everything from Egypt" theory or whatever
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom