Real Deal College Football Discussion... no homers please

I haven't seen much of Mr. Smith....But what I saw, he was very good....

Doesn't have that extra gear that DMC has though....

Kevin Smith has had the pleasure of playing in Conference USA. He gets force fed the rock. He has good vision but no 5th gear, scratch that, no 4th gear.
Im happy for him but I do not see him succeeding at the next level.

DMac is a completely diff. animal then any RB coming out this yr.

If AD & DMac were in the same draft coming out of college, It be interesting to see who would be selected 1st.

Originally Posted by dreClark

I haven't seen much of Mr. Smith....

Me neither ... their bowl game comes on ESPN today , so it will be my first time watching him other than in a highlight reel....

Skinner just dropped in a sweet TD pass
pimp.gif

I thought PJ was a lock???? Now, he might be blowing smoke again....But....

December 30, 2007
[h1]Patrick Johnson finally ends the circus[/h1]
Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine
CaneSport.com

Talk about it in The Tribal Council
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

[table][tr][td]
PATRICKJOHNSON4_19200A.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table]After months of speculation surrounding stud defensive back prospect Patrick Johnson, the truth has finally come out: He will not be a Cane.

Johnson, a former Cane commitment, told Rivals.com recruiting analyst Mike Farrell moments ago at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl that he is down to a final three of LSU, Florida and Florida State.

It was one of the crazier recruiting rides for those following Johnson.

Johnson committed to Cane coaches in April, but then alternately told media members he was committed and wasn't committed as recruiting moved forward. He took visits to Georgia, North Carolina, Florida, LSU and USC.

The headlines told the story of Johnson's recruitment.

A sample of the headers of CaneSport.com stories on the 6-foot-1, 190-pounder with 4.4-second speed: "Patrick Johnson: Still A Cane Commitment?"; "Patrick Johnson: Still Committed Despite Reports?"; "Patrick Johnson: Ignore the Rumors"; "Patrick Johnson: No Longer A Cane Commitment?"

At one point, after taking an official visit to LSU in October, Johnson told an LSU reporter, "I'm very open right now. Right now it's between LSU, Miami, Florida and USC."

Two days later Johnson told a Miami media member, "I'm still committed to Miami. It's still strong."

Those types of inconsistent statements pervaded his entire recruitment, causing a frenzy among fans of various programs.

This month was a microcosm of his recruitment. He went on a local radio station in early December and reaffirmed the UM commitment. But days later his father told CaneSport.com that he wasn't necessarily a commitment.

Johnson even went on TV in recent days and was mocking an FSU linebacker about `You either come to the U or get beat by the U.'

Johnson certainly won't be doing the first part of that anymore.

What is for sure in this recruiting circus: Johnson is a top prospect.

As a junior he had a 72-yard punt return for a score and brought back kickoff returns for touchdowns from 98 and 84 yards.

He had 54 tackles and seven interceptions as a junior.

This year he had 733 yards rushing and 11 touchdowns (9 rushing, one kick return and one punt return). Defensively he had five interceptions.

Originally Posted by Spotti3otti3dopaliscious

He didn't score high enough on the ACT so he can't qualify to play for UM.

Therefore he had to eliminate Miami from his choices.

His loss. We'll live.

Word??? That's crazy....

Someone on Rivals brought up a good point
It's this simple...

If PJ wanted to go to Miami. He would be willing to sign in Feb, instead of enrolling early in January, and just report to Miami in the Summer time.

That's assuming that Miami is where his heart is at, and where he wants to be, no questions asked.

Spin city by UM people.

nerd.gif

Damn i was hoping PJ would've been a Cane, but oh well..... i figured were not keeping every commit but im still happy with the class were supposed to haveso far.

Originally Posted by jville819

Any 1 know who is planning on committing during the HS All-American game
[table][tr][td]U.S. Army All-American Bowl Announcements[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Star rating[/td] [td]Overall rank[/td] [td]Schools[/td] [td]Farrell's Prediction[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Patrick Johnson[/td] [td]
stargold5.gif
[/td] [td]No. 3[/td] [td]list[/td] [td]LSU[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Shayne Hale[/td] [td]
stargold4.gif
[/td] [td]No. 56[/td] [td]list[/td] [td]Pitt[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ryan Williams[/td] [td]
stargold4.gif
[/td] [td]No. 57[/td] [td]list[/td] [td]Virginia Tech[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Brandon Smith[/td] [td]
stargold4.gif
[/td] [td]No. 119[/td] [td]list[/td] [td]Michigan[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Solomon Koehler[/td] [td]
stargold4.gif
[/td] [td]No. 131[/td] [td]list[/td] [td]Arizona[/td] [/tr][tr][td]MarQueis Gray[/td] [td]
stargold4.gif
[/td] [td]No. 171[/td] [td]list[/td] [td]Minnesota[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Covaughn DeBoskie[/td] [td]
stargold4.gif
[/td] [td]No. 13 APB[/td] [td]list[/td] [td]Cal[/td] [/tr][/table]For some reason Michigan seems to be looking good this week for certain prospects. It has been stated that Pryor has Michigan in his Top 2 with theBrowneyes. Now there is a rumor that #4 overall player and #1 RB Darrell Scott has Michigan in his Top 3 with Texas and Colorado. It has been a Texas/Colo racefor a while and people think D is just putting Michigan out there for the hell of it but it is still nice to hear. Also with Brandon Smith, he had cooled onMichigan when Carr retired and was thought to not even be thinking about Michigan. Now it seems like Farrell is right on track with his assessment with thrinsiders for Michigan.

Omar Hunter has dropped ND and is more than likely going to go to Florida.

EDIT: Now that Jamaal Charles has apparently declared for the NFL draft. If that is the case, I believe Texas has a GREAT shot at landing Darrell Scott.Darrell Scott is a man. I know it might seem very stupid on my part but this could light it up like AD did from day 1 at OU. This kid has it all. He ranback-to-back 4.3 40's in the summer. He also is big, runs hard and can catch the ball. The kid is unreal. He is the best player in the class of 2008.

Originally Posted by jville819

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Damn. NOBODY is keeping up with all star games?

when are they
Saturday. AAA game on NBC. ESPNU game on ABC. Both start around 1 or 2 EST. They both should be good games. The AAA game will have the better playersbut the ESPN game has the 2 best WRs.

Some moronic Buckeye fan started some BS rumor that Terrelle would be announcing at the game. Then they said we wouldn't visit Michigan. Both wrong. Pryorwas going to be a Signing Day decision ever since the process started. Michigan will also get his last official and it will be the weekend before Signing Day.

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

man Pryor is pissing me off... dude is an attention whorre. every week he names some new random school as his #1

i bet he already chose Ohio State, he just wants to create hype for himself

Prolly so....Or, he could be making sure that he picks the right place to spend the next 3-5 years of his life....

i bet he already chose Ohio State, he just wants to create hype for himself
I think he already knows wheres going and I think the coach prlly knows too. I think that if Mallett leaves before Pryor announces its because heknows that Pryor is coming and that Rich Rod will prlly go with Pryor over him, even tho I'd love to have both guys and see what RR can do w/ a guy likeMallett.

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

then go ahead and discuss with your family and choose a school. it doesn't have to be a media circus, it's something you do on your own. i know he probably gets media hype a lot that he didn't ask for, but every week it seems like he's calling Rivals from his cell and telling them to put so-and-so school as a top choice, then changing it, then wearing a sweatshirt of ___ the next week

he's definitely soaking in the hype right now
laugh.gif

Try Patrick Johnson on for size if you like media whores from this year. Or Marvin Austin. Or Jimmy Claussen . Both from last year. Pryor isn't makingthe hype. He is the #1 recruit by 1 service and #3 on the other. Not his fault people are making stuff up about him. There are many kids that do this stuffevery year. I don't know why you are getting salty over another guy doing it, who is well worth the hype.

Back
Top Bottom