REAL TALK Home security vol. just got robbed on Friday... plotting a trap

Alright so someone ran up on my house Friday night and stole our brand new 42" LG tv. Yes, I was drunk and left the door unlocked. Yes, I regret it incredibly and feel like an idiot. But, moving forward, where do I go from here?

Should I strap up? Or keep a Louisville slugger by my door? All I have right now where I could do any damage are beer bottles and kitchen knives.
Any of you dudes mess with those home security systems? My roommate had a good idea of just taking someone else's ADT sign and putting it in front of our house.

We are all very pissed about this theft and it has been rampant in our area (Minneapolis)... so we did discuss a possible trap. We figure that dude will come again next weekend, so we talked about

- stumbling out of our front door and leaving it a crack open

- have one of us posted up in a car, watching for intruder

- leave a decoy laptop on the coffee table

- one of us out back with a golf putter/bat

- two of us upstairs ready to come down and rumble

Best case scenario, we catch dude going for the laptop and we end up stomping him out and then calling the cops. But then we thought twice, what if he's strapped... what if he's with a few guys... what if they come back after the incident and REALLY do some damage... I started having all these Sean Taylor thoughts. 

Any of you guys had experience with this? Have you found that having a piece has ever done you any good, or did it just lead to a worse situation?

Originally Posted by Space DooDoo Pistols

weren't 3/4 of your roommates home?

you didn't get robbed, you got played.
laugh.gif

cue the dude who keeps talking about his weed plant getting stolen

Let the cops handle it, if you were about that life you wouldn't be posting about it on NT! 
grin.gif

move to a white suburb where people will be too scared of you to come near your house.

9HzuR.gif

O5W5v.gif

You talking about setting a trap?...You are NOT about that life.

C'mon son. They already cleaned you out...do you think they want the silverware too?

Talking about "guns"...
roll.gif
...can you even shoot? Do you know how to operate one? Do you know your local laws on "self defense?" Will you be ready in time to shoot?
grin.gif

Calm down and take your L. Get better security and have a talk with your roommates about what you should do in the future.

The fake ADT sign works been doin it for years since I moved..Getting back at em is pointless jack boys will always be around and there not commin back anytime soon anyways..let you build up your stuff again then maybe come back since you were an easy mark but I doubt it. Take the L and learn a lesson bout all you can do

Originally Posted by MECKS

move to a white suburb where people will be too scared of you to come near your house.

Not necessarily true. In my area, its dark and quiet at night with a lot of wooded areas at and cars/houses stay getting broken into at night during the summer. These little burglary sprees can go on for weeks in certain areas because of how dark it gets at night and nativity of people thinking no one is out there. Hell sometimes I get paranoid just walking out of my parents long drive way late at night because I sometimes feel like someone could be hiding around there ala a Strangers type of situation.
laugh.gif

This dude said they comin back next weekend?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

You are no where near about that life... just fall back & take the L

tourist%2Btrap%2B2.jpg

Damn, you trying to open up a hood Best Buy or what? Talking like they're coming back for accessories and *$#$ . It's that sweet at your house?

Never understood what leaving a bat by your front door would do....chances are they will use it before you do

Back
Top Bottom