Recommend me a DOG!

Im in the market for a dog...................here is my criteria, please let me know some good recommendations

1) I dont have a backyard, so I need something small that can be an inside dog

2) gets along with other dogs and people

3) maintenance would ideally be easy, i.e. grooming

Let me know what you think! Also, share your experiences with certain breeds you recommend

Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

What's the weather like where you are?
Shiba Inus, Crogis, and French Bulldogs maybe...

im in NC................so the climate is different every week
roll.gif

another point I should make...........im a single guy, so I dont want a dog that when Im walking in the neighborhood people will be lookin at me like
ohwell.gif

Russell Terrier (Wishbone) is good for you or Miniature Pinscher. There are many small dogs that are good to have but maintenance sucks such as:

Shi Szu, they need to be groomed,
Chihuahas shed like crazy and they hair gets stuck to clothing
Bull Dogs has a lot of health issues and they slobber
Poodles are for females lol
Pugs are ugly IMO

How old are you?
Is this your first dog? (and im not talking about you had one as a kid)
How active are you?
Do you have a weight limit? Contrary to what most people think, some of the extra large breeds are actually good apartment dogs because they dont require a ton of exercise and are pretty lazy.

Oh yea please please, make sure you have time for them.. They are like children and need a lot of attention and outside exposure

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

How old are you?
Is this your first dog? (and im not talking about you had one as a kid)
How active are you?
Do you have a weight limit? Contrary to what most people think, some of the extra large breeds are actually good apartment dogs because they dont require a ton of exercise and are pretty lazy.

not my first dog, but will be my first “small

You need a schnoodle

SchnoodlePuppyAyersDSCN9332.JPG

Dont really shed....hypo-allergenic, friendly, plays well with other dogs, is kinda manly

The temperament of the Schnoodle is reflective of its Schnauzer and Poodle forebears. The Schnauzer can be affectionate, naturally protective, intelligent and strong-willed; the Poodle is often clever, active, and excels in obedience training.

who wouldnt' want that 

ill check it out those Schnoodles......

I like Yorkies, but im a lil afraid that will look feminine. I like French Bulldogs, but dont want the health issues and slobbering.

I got a Pomeranian and he's a great little dog..Has plenty of personality, relatively easy to potty train, and he likes to sleep for long stretches of time throughout the day..I've had him for almost 2 years and I've never had a problem with him and children and other dogs..We have a 3 yr. old and they are best friends and we live in a complex where there are several other dogs and have had no issues with aggression to others when walking..TEAM BARKY BOB!!!

Don't get a Jack Russell unless you have lots of energy and time. My Jack Russell doesn't play nice with strangers and other dogs. Doesn't bite just barks.
It's our first dog so that might be why it behaves like that.

Originally Posted by manamazing55

can you post some pics of your Pom? Ive heard theyre pretty yappy....true?

I'll try and find some pics to post a little later..But as far as yappy goes, I guess that's a matter of opinion..I personally don't think he's overly yappy compared to dogs I've had in my lifetime..I've had a Schnauzer, Jack Russell, and a Poople/? and of course Barky Bob..And I'd say he was the 3rd yappiest..The Jack Russell took the cake outta all the dogs I've had, them things bark constantly..

PS-My dog's name is Barky Bob cause my son saw a commercial with a dog that name and when we got our dog we let him name him and that's what he came up with..

Back
Top Bottom