Recommend me a DOG!

No problem Phen0m..Just remember, whether you buy a Pom, a Russell, Schnauzer or whatever that each dog is different..So just because Barky Bob is the Undesputed Heavyweight Champion of the Dogworld, with no challengers might I add, and has been a great dog for me doesn't mean the Pom you buy won't be the worst behaved, most stubborn, dumbest dog ever..So I think the absolute best advice I can give you is buy/adopt your pet from a place that has a return policy that lets you have your dog for a couple weeks to see if that specific dog will fit you and your families lifestyle..

My dog is not "trained" except to not pee in the house..I mean I can get him to come to me, or go lay down, or go in the bedroom but none of the traditional training like shake, roll over, heal..Honestly, to me, as long as a dog doesnt pee or drop bombs on the carpet Im good..

puggle_puppy.jpg

puggle! I have a female puggle and she's one of the best dogs I've ever been around (including other people's dogs). Extremely friendly, love their owners, not hard to train. Need to go on walks but my female just chills around the house all day.

Originally Posted by casekicks

My dog is not "trained" except to not pee in the house..I mean I can get him to come to me, or go lay down, or go in the bedroom but none of the traditional training like shake, roll over, heal..Honestly, to me, as long as a dog doesnt pee or drop bombs on the carpet Im good..

what was your method of training him not to use the bathroom in the house?

Ive contacted a Pom breeder about an hour from my house, just awaiting her response. I dont think she will have any available for a while

Originally Posted by Jking0821

You need a schnoodle

SchnoodlePuppyAyersDSCN9332.JPG

Dont really shed....hypo-allergenic, friendly, plays well with other dogs, is kinda manly

The temperament of the Schnoodle is reflective of its Schnauzer and Poodle forebears. The Schnauzer can be affectionate, naturally protective, intelligent and strong-willed; the Poodle is often clever, active, and excels in obedience training.

who wouldnt' want that 
Although I lean more towards the larger breeds, I can cosign this. Gave my girl a schnoodle for christmas a few years back, hands down one of the best dogs (temperament, intelligence, loyalty) I've ever been around.  Very easy to train, is not aggressive, does not bark often, does not shed in the least, loves people and people love her.. all around wonderful companion. I feel like the more annoying qualities of the poodle and schnauzer were bred out, which surprised me. +1

Back
Top Bottom