Recommended Credit Cards for College Students?

kcenaek0rb

Banned
Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking to apply for my first credit card.

as an ex college student who did this. DON'T!

You will regret it, just get a check card from your bank and work with cash.

With this economy the last thing you want is bad credit...........STAY AWAY FROM CREDIT CARDS.

Thanks for all the elaborate responses. Anyways I was looking into this mtvU credit card on the left....

Originally Posted by VARSITY kid

how are you going to say thanks when all of the responses were saying dont get one

pretty sure he was being sarcastic... But I wouldn't get one OP..

but if you must..and if you wanna build credit..I guess get one to a store you occasionally shop at that you can easily pay the balance off to.

Don't listen to these guys, they probably have good intentions but you didn't ask whether or not you should get a credit card.

Does your school have a credit union? If they do I'd get my first card through there like I did. This fear of credit cards is kind of ridiculous, I meanit's warranted but with education, responsibility, and discipline, you'll be fine.

I'm guessing you want one simply to build your credit, nothing wrong with this. Go ahead and do it.

Originally Posted by kcenaek0rb

Thanks for all the elaborate responses. Anyways I was looking into this mtvU credit card on the left....
roll.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif

If the boy wanna learn the hard way (pause), let him learn...

As a college student that just got one less than a year ago, I'm going to have to agree with everyone else.. don't get one. The check card is amuch better idea, if you don't have one already.

how are you going to say thanks when all of the responses were saying dont get one

Homie I was obviously being sarcastic. @maxb7ty, thats exactly what I'm looking to do. I'm not looking to making no extravagant purchases. Maybe somesmall items that I know I can pay off to slowly help build my score.

yeah i know... OP why would he put one up when everyone says to not get one? oh well mess up your credit/life

Some of yall kill me. If at 20 years old you aren't responsible enough to handle ONE credit card with < 350 dollar limit your parents failed you.

premiercreditcard.com 100% approval, 25 day grace period, and still low 9.9%APR. I forget what the annual fee is, I think 84$, but they're the only oneswho would accept me. As long as you pay items off before the 25 days, no interest fees are accrued and you never carry a balance at the end of the period.

Trust these dudes don't get one if youre not ready, your plan ain't loooking to bright already "buy little things and pay it off slowly",these little things aint so little if you have to pay em off slowly

Originally Posted by AJChick23

pretty sure he was being sarcastic... But I wouldn't get one OP..

but if you must..and if you wanna build credit..I guess get one to a store you occasionally shop at that you can easily pay the balance off to.

Worst credit advise ever...don't get it from stores the trade off or discount isn't worth it. You get sky high apr's and if its a store you shopat, guess what you'll most likely use that card when youre there to rack up their "reward" points. Stay away and if you must, then go to a creditunion or get a secured credit card through the big banks

Dont get one its bad news. There are millions and millions of people who thought they were responsible enough to handle one now they are bankrupt or very closeto it. Stay with cash.

if you're responsible with your money (you dont carry a balance [i.e. you only buy things you can afford]), citi mtvU card. you get 5% in thankyou pointsat restaurants, bookstores, theatres. it has a high APR though.

As long as you're responsible, I don't see what the big deal is. Student credit cards have pretty low interest rates and low credit limits.

If you're getting one to build your credit and learn financial responsibility, then go for it. If you're using it as a last-ditch effort to buy nicethings for yourself or a girlfriend (a big reason why young people get CCs), DON'T DO IT.

The first CC I ever got was a student card...under 8% APR and a credit limit of $1,000. Used it solely for groceries, gas, and utilities, all of which I earned5% cashback. I never ever used it for extravagances.

Back
Top Bottom