Reebok anticipating Iverson's retirement? Reebok Answer XIII released...

I was surprised these released so early
eek.gif
, I thought they were another cwof the XII. It's been what 5 months since XIIs released?

Originally Posted by ZombieJesus12

^You're a fool. Who doesn't understand basketball outside of watching it on TV every now and again. Also you sound a little racist.

Iverson has never been unsportsmanlike. NEVER. You're just making crap up. He's never - for example - walked off the court and not shook hands with the other team. Inside the League Iverson's been a popular dude since day 1, Shaq (for an example) always wanted to play with him. Guys like Bron and Kobe and Wade and basically anyone who's played with him in the Eastern ASG loves the guy. So you have really no idea what you're talking about. He's had trouble with a few coaches, but so has pretty much every elite player in the league.

Everyone who plays in the NBA is cocky, dude. You have to be if you're that good as basketball. You know how many point guards think they're the best in the League? All of them. Marbury to Nashty to Rondo and back, they all have said in interviews they think they're the best. It's part of how you have to think if you're an elite athlete. I know you like your black athletes to be humble and all "I guess I'm okay," but that's dishonest crap. Go to a NBA practice sometime and watch how basically everyone on the team is competing at everything all the time. There's a youtube video of Gilbert Arenas challenging his teammate to a best of 500 3-pointers contest. They do that sort of stuff Every Day.

And you know what? They're all cocky as hell. Deal with it, dude. If it hurts your feelings that man is confident, then you need to work on yourself

Ball hogging? Let me show you two statistics here, career averages:

First Set: Average FG taken per game: 22.9. Average assists: 5.3
Second set: Average FG taken per game: 22.1. Average assists: 6.2

One of those is Michael Jordan. The other is Allen Iverson.

Before I clear that up, lemme address vintagekicks23's point that his career is dead: you're also dead wrong. Iverson got sent as a salary dump to a team with no coach, no staring lineup, and no place for him to play. The team was in shambles before he got there, and midway through he hurt his back and sat for a bit. You think the Pistons last year was Iverson's fault? You have no clue what actually went on there. You think he's washed up? Year before last he put up 26ppg/7asst/2steals while playing more minutes than anyone else in the game.

If you're gonna hate on Iverson, hate on his game for a reason. But don't come in here and post ignorant crap because you dislike the dude that has no basis in reality.

Iverson is one of the best 50 players TO EVER PLAY BASKETBALL. Denying that just makes you a hater.

Oh, and the numbers ; Jordan averaged 22.9 shots a game and 5.3 assists. Iverson averaged 22.1 shots a game and 6.2 assists. I'm not saying AI>MJ, just that you're being stupid with your 'ball hog' claims. Also - name me an all star Iverson played with for more than 2 seasons not Melo. Jordan had some world class players next to him - Pippen, Kukoc, Kerr, etc - who could shoot. AI's had the pu pu platter in philly most his life and still put up assists.

/rant at ignorant fools
truth. and he's a real dude who does a lot in the community

Saw the pics with different colorways a while back, this blue and white looks very cheesy. The Nugget colorway was clean as hell!

regardless of whether the shoes are wack or not AI is the only other athlete (other than MJ) to have a signature shoe pass 10 sneakers. washed up or not thatspretty damn impressive.

^ Most of the people who don't like AIs game tend to call him flashy and a ball hog or selfish and they're usually suburban white cats. Matter of fact, none of my black friends I've ever talked to about AI have disliked him. I don't know what that means, I'm just saying. In my experience, all of the dudes who call AI names like that are white kids.

Sorry to disappoint but not only am I not white but I'm a double minority- Spanish and Asian... talk to me about being racist- you just made such a stupidas generalization.

2 points here:

1. I said specifically it was "in my experience", meaning you're the first dude ever said that I heard that wasn't white.

2. Just because you aren't white doesn't mean you automatically can't be racist. There's a ton of little 15 year old asian kids in my City (SF)calling each other N _ _ _ _ _ , for example, or the Mexican dudes hating on Panamanians.

Sorry to offend you if I did, buddy.

PS - if any of you NTers are or know any of the Asian kids here in San Francisco who think it's okay for them to drop the N bomb, you're way off. Wayoff.

^You're a fool. Who doesn't understand basketball outside of watching it on TV every now and again. Also you sound a little racist.

Iverson has never been unsportsmanlike. NEVER. You're just making crap up. He's never - for example - walked off the court and not shook hands with the other team. Inside the League Iverson's been a popular dude since day 1, Shaq (for an example) always wanted to play with him. Guys like BronDistrict-9 was ill, but tell me why it had to be "the nigerians" that were and Kobe and Wade and basically anyone who's played with him in the Eastern ASG loves the guy. So you have really no idea what you're talking about. He's had trouble with a few coaches, but so has pretty much every elite player in the league.

Everyone who plays in the NBA is cocky, dude. You have to be if you're that good as basketball. You know how many point guards think they're the best in the League? All of them. Marbury to Nashty to Rondo and back, they all have said in interviews they think they're the best. It's part of how you have to think if you're an elite athlete. I know you like your black athletes to be humble and all "I guess I'm okay," but that's dishonest crap. Go to a NBA practice sometime and watch how basically everyone on the team is competing at everything all the time. There's a youtube video of Gilbert Arenas challenging his teammate to a best of 500 3-pointers contest. They do that sort of stuff Every Day.

And you know what? They're all cocky as hell. Deal with it, dude. If it hurts your feelings that man is confident, then you need to work on yourself

Ball hogging? Let me show you two statistics here, career averages:

First Set: Average FG taken per game: 22.9. Average assists: 5.3
Second set: Average FG taken per game: 22.1. Average assists: 6.2

One of those is Michael Jordan. The other is Allen Iverson.

Before I clear that up, lemme address vintagekicks23's point that his career is dead: you're also dead wrong. Iverson got sent as a salary dump to a team with no coach, no staring lineup, and no place for him to play. The team was in shambles before he got there, and midway through he hurt his back and sat for a bit. You think the Pistons last year was Iverson's fault? You have no clue what actually went on there. You think he's washed up? Year before last he put up 26ppg/7asst/2steals while playing more minutes than anyone else in the game.

If you're gonna hate on Iverson, hate on his game for a reason. But don't come in here and post ignorant crap because you dislike the dude that has no basis in reality.

Iverson is one of the best 50 players TO EVER PLAY BASKETBALL. Denying that just makes you a hater.

Oh, and the numbers ; Jordan averaged 22.9 shots a game and 5.3 assists. Iverson averaged 22.1 shots a game and 6.2 assists. I'm not saying AI>MJ, just that you're being stupid with your 'ball hog' claims. Also - name me an all star Iverson played with for more than 2 seasons not Melo. Jordan had some world class players next to him - Pippen, Kukoc, Kerr, etc - who could shoot. AI's had the pu pu platter in philly most his life and still put up assists.

/rant at ignorant fools

on point! to add, I think the wht/blue colorway is for eastbay...the home nuggets clrway was one of my favorites, Philly ones are the nicest but not sure ifeither will be @ retail though...

2 points here:

1. I said specifically it was "in my experience", meaning you're the first dude ever said that I heard that wasn't white.

2. Just because you aren't white doesn't mean you automatically can't be racist. There's a ton of little 15 year old asian kids in my City (SF) calling each other N _ _ _ _ _ , for example, or the Mexican dudes hating on Panamanians.

Sorry to offend you if I did, buddy.

PS - if any of you NTers are or know any of the Asian kids here in San Francisco who think it's okay for them to drop the N bomb, you're way off. Way off.

Agreed with every thing u sed, regardles of wat happens to the answer hes gna go down as an icon im my book, to sum it up.. "it aint where your from itswer ur at"- Rakim

They started great with his shoe, then they just dropped in creativeness as the years went by.

spanish and asian? bam528 you must be a Filipino, right? Anyway I stopped after Answer IVs that's it... And Iverson is not washed up he's just old.

Heard great things about these so far. I'm gonna grab the black/blue one when they drop, but in the meantime if anyone has a in person view or review,I'd love to hear it.

these are boring, iversons line was never really good
minus the question and the answer iv

these are boring, iversons line was never really good
minus the question and the answer iv

i thought the same, but my pair of answer 4s made me hesitate to ever buy reeboks again. those shoes were *%%%. my pair lasted me 3 weeks and i can say thatwas easily the worst $100+ performance basketball shoe ever.

Back
Top Bottom