@@@ REEBOK @@@ SHAQ ATTACKS @@@

I will absolutely aim to grab some of those.

Surprised that they haven't done team CWs based on who he played for. They've tried other "stories", but no real LA or Miami CW. I suppose there was the PHX one.

My SNS pair came in today and I said I wouldn't but I may have to give in and get the White pair just to complete the Azure pack along with these and the Black I already have. I REALLY love this model my favorite Reebok ever!!

this pair

Not a good move imo

I agree 100 percent. Maybe 2 of those colorways are okay but the rest are trash. Reebok 'bout to go full on broke if they release those. They look like some bored kid half assed I.D'd those pairs.

They already reaching with a Question inspired colourway on the Attaq. If they remove the Blue tinted sole then the reach is even less apparent.
I mean at this point do I really need to say it? But still I will buy them all, that's more than most of the folks will do anyway. 

Absolutely love the Shaq attacks, and I love Reebok, but I do not understand they're mine state with some of these retro colorways. They're just ugly they did the same thing to the questions and the kamikazes. I just don't think they understand that their Retros are not loved by most people on that Jordan brand level where they're just buy anything. As for the money I'm definitely going to wait till I can get them as low as possible even if it's months. But I agree with everybody saying to each their own with two kids that $20 / $50 I save on waiting on the shoe can go towards something much more important than feeding my shoe addiction LOL

I really wish Reebok when we release a basketball performance model. They're cushioning technology and materials have always been good. I feel like adidas is trying to kill the company and turn it just into a retro brand much like Nike is doing with Converse

^^^
Welcome! Everything you posted has been beaten to death by a number of us for a few years now. Adidas has no plan for Reebok and the brand is too far removed from being relevant that it's almost a lost cause.

Reebok does have a few outlets and those colourways exist to stock them.

I'll wait for this Huarache-esque colorway to hopefully hit the $59.99 price-point or below to bite. The color-blocking is nice while the materials also look much better than any of the other new renditions. Everything else including those metallic versions are horrible. It looks like they used FuseFrame material on the quarter panels of the yellow & maroon models.

http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/2324453/[img]
[img]http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/2324454/['img]

vood99 vood99 Thanks for the welcom. It's so hard because it's always been my favorite brand and to see them reduced to this just kills me. On one hand I would like to support them on the other I can't support bull[emoji]128169[/emoji], I mean they don't even make new football cleats any more. I'm better of just buying og's off ebay.

I'll wait for this Huarache-esque colorway to hopefully hit the $59.99 price-point or below to bite. The color-blocking is nice while the materials also look much better than any of the other new renditions. Everything else including those metallic versions are horrible. It looks like they used FuseFrame material on the quarter panels of the yellow & maroon models.

[/quote]
The leather on those looks amazing, it is definitely on my list. 

The only other colorway I liked besides the 2 OGs and the all blue azure which could pass for an alternate OG has been the Brick city. Complex had an article about this shoe and said Reebok only released a very few colors to keep the shoe special and now for the 25th anniversary you want to ***** on that with all these horrible colorways that no one is going to buy. Didn't the Phoenix, LSU, and Christmas colorways selling for $40 show no one wanted non OG colors. SMH

Last edited:
vood99 vood99 Thanks for the welcom. It's so hard because it's always been my favorite brand and to see them reduced to this just kills me. On one hand I would like to support them on the other I can't support bull[emoji]128169[/emoji], I mean they don't even make new football cleats any more. I'm better of just buying og's off ebay.

You're welcome and I was a Reebok kid growing up in the 90s in the Middle East. I only switched to Nikes when I moved to Canada in the late 90s and actually started working (retail) for them.

The sad part is that Adidas purchased them but did absolutely nothing with the brand - even if it was to get into the basketball, hockey, etc... market it was just totally wasted.

The plus side of this is that I'm not really buying anything these days - just one pair of the Lebron signature a year (on discount) for nostalgia reasons due to working for Nike for close to a decade.

Not even gonna lie, the build quality on this Huarache/Olympic themed pair is really fantastic. Damn wicked deal for you guys purchasing on super disco.

The only other colorway I liked besides the 2 OGs and the all blue azure which could pass for an alternate OG has been the Brick city. Complex had an article about this shoe and said Reebok only released a very few colors to keep the shoe special and now for the 25th anniversary you want to ***** on that with all these horrible colorways that no one is going to buy. Didn't the Phoenix, LSU, and Christmas colorways selling for $40 show no one wanted non OG colors. SMH

Part of this problem is the fact that Reebok had only 2 original colourways to begin with (and the Black pair was not released to the public if I recall correctly). So you have a bunch of colourways that don't resonate with the old Attaq fans, don't resonate with the new jacks as they have no real connection with Reebok or the Attaq and have no exposure due to piss poor promotion by Reebok.

Agreed. Hopefully, the pump issue has been fixed as well, but I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't.

Brick City's were nice until I saw them on feet & they ended-up looking like his Payless Shoes line. I was fond of both Packer "Friend of the Program" colorways though. I high-key wish they did an "Alamo" version as well, but I know that it would not have made sense as he had moved onto the Shaqnosis model by then.

Part of this problem is the fact that Reebok had only 2 original colourways to begin with (and the Black pair was not released to the public if I recall correctly). So you have a bunch of colourways that don't resonate with the old Attaq fans, don't resonate with the new jacks as they have no real connection with Reebok or the Attaq and have no exposure due to piss poor promotion by Reebok.
I have to find my old photo, but I know they made the black pair available for purchase in an array of sizes. I'm not sure if it was a regional release as he was on the upswing of his career, but I had the GS model in the black colorway.

Found it. I posted this photo just over 4-years ago after finding them in my mother's storage...

Last edited:
Man the level degradation on those kicks...makes me very sad. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom