jordan retro 1 banned x
jordan retro 5 t23 tokyo
jordan retro 7 bordeaux
jordan retro 7 yotr
jordan retro 13 ray allen pe

then you have shoes that are just as good like " MY Honorable Mention's "

jordan 2011 all stars
jordan retro 13 playoffs
jordan retro 3 true blue (the reason i put these here is because they just released in 09 which made this release not that hyped)
jordan retro 5 quai 54
jordan 2011 jbc (jordan brand classic's)
jordan retro 5 wolf greys

now there are alot more hot shoes that have not released yet that will be in the running aswell like

jordan retro 5 black / silver with 23 on side
jordan retro 3 black cement
jordan retro 11 concords
jordan retro 4 doernbecher's ( this is a shoe i cant wait to see and i hope it turns out nice , could be shoe of the year)
jordan retro 14 lastshots

so with all these hot shoes this year that released and will release its a toss up

but we all know

the odds on favorite will be the jordan retro 11 concords just like the last 2 years with the coolgreys and spacejams it will be hype central

now a shoe that can easily take the crown for shoe of the year imo could be the jordan retro 4 doernbecher's that will release later this year depending on how they turn out ( the doernbecher series have all turned out nice with the 3's and 6's the last 2 years really turning out sweet so , if we get a doernbecher retro 4 thats anything like the eminem's, undefeated's , laser's or thunder and lightnings ,we could see a real battle for shoe of the year top honors

if the DB do turn out as good as recent years i will be a happy camper...............................................peace23

In my opinion, the aj2011 in black/lime
Was most remarkable.
While most people stick with the past,
I must say these are really impressive.
never liked lime colored sneakers,
But these were definetly awesome.
all the retros of the classics sure are nice,
But qualitywise and in terms of looks,
They still cannot meet their og or
Previous retro counter parts.

Banned 1's made me enemy #1 at my local outlet
roll.gif
  That was a fun release, and the shoe was the best quality jordan and available to those who did their homework.  Glad I got my pairs.

Playoff 13s, Bordeauxs, Wolf Grey 5's, TB and WC 3s are all great, but the for me it's the Banned's by far
pimp.gif

This will probably go to an 11 every year.

However, that Banned 1 release was crazy. Glad I decided to call NDC at 1130pn that night when I heard about them dropping in Portland.

For me it was and will be definitely the Bordeaux VII's. 
The Concords will get more hype cause it is an XI and it's Christmas time.
I have heard great things about the Banned 1's, but I was disappointed to hear that they were only going to be released at outlets and a few other stores. There are no nike outlets in my area.
30t6p3b.gif

Oh and jumpman cbt2 those neo lime 2011's are dope 
pimp.gif
.  Definitely a great cop and definitely one of the best, if not the best release to me in terms of both quality and looks!
pimp.gif

playoff 13s have been my fav thus far. all this hype over the concords and pre-orders is killin me...but i won't lie--can't wait til i have my hands on a pair.

Concord Xi, hype through the roof? Yes. But well deserved. The shoe that brought me out of a 3 year hiatus from the Jordan "game".

i know everyone is saying concords and banned 1's but

i still cant wait to see this years doernbecher retro 4's

and i am saying right now if they turn out right

they could very well overtake the con's and ban's for #1.....................................................peace23

I don't care about hype, I care about an awesome shoe! For that reason, I pick the Banned 1's. So glad I have a pair on ice and another I'm rockin! The Concords will get my vote for 2nd because these are the closest to the OGs in overall appearance of a retro to date IMO, and a long time coming.

Other pickups I'm treasuring from this year:
YOTR 7: I just really love the colorway, and the packaging is second to none. Overall, top notch LE!
3's: There were complaints about dreading on the WCs, but I'm very happy with the quality on all of them thus far. One of the best Jordan models ever.
Bordeaux 7: It's a rare thing these days to find an iconic J that hasn't been retro'd EVER. Chicago X's will be similar in terms of must have come January, but looks like they altered it a little too much with the white midsoles. The Bordeaux are pretty true to form.

Playoff 13 and Last Shot 14s are must haves from this year too IMO. Breds from title runs? Doesn't get much better!

Isn't OP's question most hyped release of the year though? I think the answer to that is a no brainer (Concords), but I guess people are just discussing overall release of the year.

id say its gotta be the concords, but my overall personal favorite is the black cement 3s. JB has been good to us this year (minus the price increases...)

and i know theyre just rumors at this point, but it seems like next year's line-up is gonna be sick too, with 10s, 4s, and 12s all dropping in multiple OG colorways. cant wait. need some confirmation though!

Back
Top Bottom