Relocation Question: ATL or Bay Area?

Georgia's a landfill compared to SF. However, it's what you make out of it. Alpharetta is one of the better places in the A, and it's not bad atall. If I were in your shoes, I'd consider Atlanta to be only a temporary option and once the situation looks better, relocate to the Bay Area immediately.

No place like SF
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

San Francisco would be great, if you had a job out there.

In this economy, take a job when offered.

consensus seems to be Bay Area, but this is a life changing decision so you gotta really think about it

Originally Posted by sneakerfan93

I heard ATL has a lot of crimes so I'd choose Cali...But the DMV is the best
laugh.gif

you gonna bring up crime, then say DMV is the best?

roll.gif

and of course NT would say the bay is better, because NT is 75% bay area high-schoolers.

i'm looking for a perspective from independent NTers from the bay with rent/ house notes.

I moved to SF for my job (traveling exhibit) and had to bounce. It's just too expensive.
I was making really decent money, but the money that goes just to rent (I'm not willing to live with others, or budge on things like a W/D) is ridiculous.
I loved it there. So many great things. But like any other major city, has it's pros and cons. No parking, it's dirty, downtown smells terrible, andthey kill you on prices of everything (groceries, gas, public transit...) but it's beautiful, so much to do, great places for dinner and drinking, tons ofdiversity...
Personally I loved Oakland WAY more than SF.

Since I've lived there, I would say go to the A. I've lived in 3 cities that I'd never been to before, great adventures.

Well since you have a job lined up I say pick Atlanta since its real hard finding a job in the bay right now. Not to mention that house/apt prices don'tget any cheaper unless you wanna live out in some craphole city or a bad neighborhood in S.F/Oakland. But on that note, I hope to live in the bay forever nomatter how tough it gets
laugh.gif

i lived in atlanta and it was nice.
i visited san fran twice.

san fran > atl
in a heartbeat

i didn't mean to rhyme

Do what's more practical for your situation. Real talk the bay is a cool place to live, but like you I was also independent. Everything was too much, rent,cable, pg&e. I recently had to move back in with the parents. If you have a steady job in the atl, go for it. I love the bay, but do what's best foryou.

if you got the money, move to the Bay, NO QUESTION about it.
Better place for everything, especially if you want a family

As an Atlanta native, I'd have to say move to Alpharetta. I was born and raised in Marietta, which is just west of there and North Atlanta is a great placeto make a living and hold a job. I've been to Cali a handful of times and it is a great place, but if job security is an issue and money is tight, the bayarea is not the place to be. Just my thoughts, good luck to you man.

Originally Posted by MC OTAKU

Northern Cali if $ aint an issue....

man im lucky my parents are well off to have a nice house in san jose. im tryna go to Berkeley or UC Hastings in SF for law school, and i dont know how imgonna afford to live anywhere near those schools. well hastings is in the tenderloin so its cheaper but im not tryna live there
laugh.gif

I just moved down to ATL a couple months ago from Philly and honestly it's really dope. I live in Decatur which is just outside of ATL and I've been toalpharetta numerous times. It's a really nice place, cops are kinda tough out there though. As far as your issues with traffic and such, I haven'treally seen it. Then again, I've never really tried to mess with it at peak hours. I've never really tried to mess with MARTA but I hear its a bit of ahassle. Just remember if you're gonna go out downtown it gets kinda pricey. Still, there IS a lot to do around here, so over.all I would say come down toATL.

SF Bay is nice if you're gonna be making a lot. Cost of living here is insane. I read that San Francisco is the 4th on the list of most expensive cities tolive in among places in the U.S. You can't beat the weather, diversity of people, culture, and way of life.

DonInfamousforareason wrote:

I moved to SF for my job (traveling exhibit) and had to bounce. It's just too expensive.
I was making really decent money, but the money that goes just to rent (I'm not willing to live with others, or budge on things like a W/D) is ridiculous.
I loved it there. So many great things. But like any other major city, has it's pros and cons. No parking, it's dirty, downtown smells terrible, and they kill you on prices of everything (groceries, gas, public transit...) but it's beautiful, so much to do, great places for dinner and drinking, tons of diversity...
Personally I loved Oakland WAY more than SF.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Don't let the rep fool you. Oakland to live, shoot over the bridge to SF for ALL the perks at your conveince.

Back
Top Bottom