Remember how MJ participated in Wizards practices before he started playing for them...

Originally Posted by jerseymizzle

He could put up 40 a night if he wanted to right now.
[table][tr][td]YEAR[/td] [td]TEAM[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]MPG[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]3P%[/td] [td]FT%[/td] [td]OFF[/td] [td]DEF[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]APG[/td] [td]SPG[/td] [td]BPG[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]01-02[/td] [td]WAS[/td] [td]60[/td] [td]53[/td] [td]34.9[/td] [td].416[/td] [td].189[/td] [td].790[/td] [td].8[/td] [td]4.8[/td] [td]5.7[/td] [td]5.2[/td] [td]1.42[/td] [td].43[/td] [td]2.70[/td] [td]2.00[/td] [td]22.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]02-03[/td] [td]WAS[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]67[/td] [td]37.0[/td] [td].445[/td] [td].291[/td] [td].821[/td] [td].9[/td] [td]5.2[/td] [td]6.1[/td] [td]3.8[/td] [td]1.50[/td] [td].48[/td] [td]2.11[/td] [td]2.10[/td] [td]20.0[/td] [/tr][/table]
that was 5 years ago. you still so sure about that?
Yea I'm very sure.
if he wanted to right now.
If he wanted to, he could come back to a horrible Bobcats team, albeit better than the Wizards when he played, and lead them into the playoffs.

But it's not about him. The entire tone of the article was more didactic than anything. We know what he can do, but can he bring in players that can makethe Bobcats an Eastern contender for years to come, that is yet to be proven. He wants to impart what he has learned on them. MJ will fade away.

To think he will never lace them back up again is naive, but he's tired of being MJ the player. What else can he do?

And if he's destined to remain nothing but the GOAT, that is great as well.

He can't come back and put up 20, 5, 5 a night? OOoooOK.

He could put up 40 a night if he wanted to right now.

The league is so bereft of fundamentals and half of those who are fundamentally sound are soft as tissue.

heeeeeeeeeeeecccckk no. (again)

actin like he's superhuman.

rules, fundamentals, doesnt matter.

at his age 2nd and 3rd, even 4th tier players would give him fits.

dude wont be able to score at all if people like marion, battier, josh howard, or bowen guarded him. he'll go for 0/12 2rbs and 3assist and call it acareer.
dude is old. yeah he is the GOAT of all time, but kobe, lebron and a list of others would make it rain on him.
in his prime, he is head and shoulders above any other player in the L right now
but in this state, he gonna make sasha vujacic look like the best player to ever play basketball the way he'll light him up.

the problem is mainly his knees and physical shape........ If his knees hold up he can be decent....... this dude was busting his #@$ on the Wizards evenplaying hurt some games.......... also consider how many FT attempts he'd get with these rules and the fact that he's mentally smarter than any currentplayer

Although he can't run with the young guns because he's fat and old now but he's fun to be around.

I wish I was as fat as him. Seriously, he's not in NBA shape - but for a guy his age to be able to play with NBA guys for even a short time is prettyamazing.

Even better... imagine if he signed himself to that last roster spot for one game and debuted the XX3s.

A part of me wants to see that... but it might be too embarrassing a sight...
laugh.gif

I'd give Jordan my knees (only a few pickup games and accidental bruises) if that's all he needs to give us one more stint.

It nags my from time-to-time knowing I passed up seeing him play here in DC. He was here for two whole seasons (well not really the whole first season) and Inever picked up the phone.

I was content recording all of the games back then.
laugh.gif
frown.gif

I know it's the hip thing these days to say the league is soft like butter, but some people here are absolutely delusional to think that because theculture of the league has changed a bit, it's absolutely nothing compared to how it was before. Yeah, there's a little bit of talent dilution and theoverall fundamentals and drive of the players is a bit lacking, but these are still WORLD-CLASS athletes who are the best in the WORLD at what they do. Simplyoff the top of my head, we have Kobe, Lebron, Dwight Howard, Duncan, Amare, KG, Nash, AI, Wade, Carmelo, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Boozer, Dirk, T-Mac, Yao,Bosh, Baron, Arenas, Tony Parker, Pierce, and a bunch of others playing at high levels these days. They may not be better than the 90's all stars, butthese guys are HARDLY pushovers.... that's still a great list of players regardless of era.

Furthermore to say that MJ could come in and average 20 "easily"? Do you even know what you're talking about? He only barely got over amount as a40 year old. How on earth is he gonna get that 5 years later? To say that because of "rule changes" he's suddenly gonna rack up free throws likethey were nothing.... MJ is obviously a savvy player, but you really think that a 44-year old has the quickness and agility to put defenders in bad spots anddraw fouls like they were nothing? All of the guards who benefit from these "rule changes" are FAST players who breeze down the lane and force theseticky-tack hand checks for defenders to contain them and stay in front of them. I'm sorry, but a 44 year old is not gonna reap such benefits as easily asyou think.

Some people are seriously underestimating some of the great talent we have in the league right now (hey it may not be the 90's but it ain't that badeither, you know) and SEVERELY overestimating Jordan's god-like abilities.

He left the league four seasons ago. Not much has changed; not many players have retired. Kobe is still a ballhog and the Spurs still reign supreme.

The East has gotten a little better, but with Shaq's continual downward spiral, it's losing whatever lead it had over the West.

He averaged 20 and 6 four seasons ago. Numerous games he had 40 or more.

He can get 12 going to the line alone. 8 off his jumper. It's very realistic.

roll.gif
@ MJ coming back and scoring 40 a night

I just saw someone quote that and laugh at it, so I don't know who originally said it, but that's straight up foolishness, thinking dude is coming backand averaging 40 a night
Kiddin Like Jason wrote:
Gross Texas Longhorns orange.
sick.gif
Fanatic15 wrote:
How dare you!
eek.gif

It's called Burnt Orange!

Alright then.

Gross Texas Longhorns BURNT orange.
sick.gif

tongue.gif

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

He could easily still drop 15-20 a game.

I say F'it MJ, come back again.
why would anyone want to taint a record holding 30.1per night CAREER scoring average for a mediocre 15-20 a game on team that still wouldnt make theplayoffs?

I really don't even know why I'm even bothering with this, but here goes...
He left the league four seasons ago. Not much has changed; not many players have retired.

The league as a whole may not be all that fundamentally different, but MICHAEL JORDAN HIMSELF has probably changed a lot physically, wouldn't you think? Ifyou don't think going from 40 to 44 and being out of the game for FOUR years makes a difference, then this truly is a pointless exercise. Oh, and it'sgreat how you absolutely and completely disregard everything that has happened in the last four years, including a NUMBER of young stars exploding into theleague and a number of superstars coming into their prime.

Realistic?

You do know that there is only ONE player in the NBA who even has 12 free throw ATTEMPTS per game, right? (dwight howard) ... and the 2nd and 3rd place in FTAare lebron james and dwyane wade, two incredibly athletic dynamic players who LIVE off of points in the paint and get generous helpings of superstar calls (andthey both "only" average 10 FTA per game).

I'll grant that 8 off of his jumper wouldn't be too much of a stretch, but beyond that you really think that he's gonna rack up points so easily?When you play ball do you find yourself often fouling those typical old guys who shoot well? No, you tend to foul the guys who are blazing by you or arepummeling you in the lane... the guys who are just a step ahead of you or are just pounding you to submission down low. That is NOT how michael jordan will beas a 44 year old.

Oh, and btw as a 40 year old michael jordan averaged 4.3 free throw attempts per game. Something tells me that "rule changes" and a "softleague" aren't gonna suddenly TRIPLE that number of attempts for a man 4 years older.

And we're not even TALKING about his ability to run up and down the court, his ability to guard anyone, and his ability to keep that level up for 82 games.

Originally Posted by TheBlackHole76

I really don't even know why I'm even bothering with this, but here goes...
He left the league four seasons ago. Not much has changed; not many players have retired.

The league as a whole may not be all that fundamentally different, but MICHAEL JORDAN HIMSELF has probably changed a lot physically, wouldn't you think? If you don't think going from 40 to 44 and being out of the game for FOUR years makes a difference, then this truly is a pointless exercise. Oh, and it's great how you absolutely and completely disregard everything that has happened in the last four years, including a NUMBER of young stars exploding into the league and a number of superstars coming into their prime.

Realistic?

You do know that there is only ONE player in the NBA who even has 12 free throw ATTEMPTS per game, right? (dwight howard) ... and the 2nd and 3rd place in FTA are lebron james and dwyane wade, two incredibly athletic dynamic players who LIVE off of points in the paint and get generous helpings of superstar calls (and they both "only" average 10 FTA per game).

I'll grant that 8 off of his jumper wouldn't be too much of a stretch, but beyond that you really think that he's gonna rack up points so easily? When you play ball do you find yourself often fouling those typical old guys who shoot well? No, you tend to foul the guys who are blazing by you or are pummeling you in the lane... the guys who are just a step ahead of you or are just pounding you to submission down low. That is NOT how michael jordan will be as a 44 year old.

Oh, and btw as a 40 year old michael jordan averaged 4.3 free throw attempts per game. Something tells me that "rule changes" and a "soft league" aren't gonna suddenly TRIPLE that number of attempts for a man 4 years older.

And we're not even TALKING about his ability to run up and down the court, his ability to guard anyone, and his ability to keep that level up for 82 games.
Mike wasn't blowing past anyone the two years he played for Washington. Yes, he was able to, but he relied so much on his jumpshot back then.

Yes, he is 44 years old, but his body hasn't gone through that much change in the past four years. I'm sure he's still able to jog up and down thecourt and play decent enough defense to keep his man in-front of him.

And who says anything about playing 82 games. He'll come off the bench average 20 and 5 when they need him en route to becoming the sixth man of the year.
pimp.gif

Realistically, none of this is realistic. It's all hypothetical. I'm basing it off how it did four seasons ago. He did it then, who's to say hecan't do it now?

Too bad the itch is gone. We'll never know.

And stop with all the tarnish legacy bull. He doesn't care about stats.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

roll.gif
@ MJ coming back and scoring 40 a night

I just saw someone quote that and laugh at it, so I don't know who originally said it, but that's straight up foolishness, thinking dude is coming back and averaging 40 a night
Kiddin Like Jason wrote:
Gross Texas Longhorns orange.
sick.gif
Fanatic15 wrote:
How dare you!
eek.gif

It's called Burnt Orange!

Alright then.

Gross Texas Longhorns BURNT orange.
sick.gif

tongue.gif

laugh.gif
Joker
As for MJ avg 40? Not ever going to happen, but he would hold his own I think. He's old but he can still play. I'd pg him as an 16 ppgguarantee a night.

MJ coming of the bench playing 15-20 min a game would be very productive. Talent never goes away.

LMAO at all the responses. Let big Mike stay retired. And lmao at Mike trying to cover the Adidas logo.

A clip that illustrates the point I'm trying to make:

13 FGA off of the jumpshot.

The only way I would see him not dominating is his knees.� Fact is, he can't go hard on every single play with his knees holding him back.

Back
Top Bottom