Remember The Jordan Love Truck?

I vaguely remember it. Going to the one next to the Santa Monica Pier.
I do remember the frenzy over those trucker hats though
laugh.gif

Anybody have pics/stories though?

Funny you should bring this up. The other night I found some stuff from high school and one of the packets of paper was the original pictures from the post onNT where they took detailed pics of the truck. I remember printing off every single picture at school(got to love laser printers)and selling my boys onskipping school to go to it. We are from Cincy and Cleveland had it up there at the same time the McDonalds All American game was. I remember how I drove 4.5hours up there only to get pick pocketed. I was fresh though in the authentic Jordan Bulls jersey with the Cement III(purchased from Promo-shoes early.) My boywon that lil freestyle competition. We all ended up with little prizes. I still have the waterbottle.The truck was pretty nice, I believe one of NT's ownhad shoes on display in it. Then on our way back was when we payed the price for skipping school... karma is a ..... We use to always have this joke where yousay sashmeshu something then when the person responds with what, you say BALLS! LOL. Well we were getting back on the highway and decided to say it to someonethen once we got on the road I remember seeing those flashing lights. 81 in a 65... 3rd ticket under 18. I would have to go to court later and get my licenserevoked to only school and work. The Love Truck was cool though. In our senior paper it says something like remember when Matt, E-will, HB, and Steve skippedschool and everyone knew for a Jordan truck. LOL The things you do in high school are dumb.

I remember when the love truck came to the MCI Center (Verizon Center) in DC, there was a lil trivia contest and I won a T-shirt for naming the HS that MJ wentto.

yea i remember that love truck run...it was cool for JB to do some events like that...i still have the paper cut out love truck they mailed to me back then ondisplay by my desk!

These pics were taken at the Sacramento stop...The event was pretty cool, but probably a big disappointment to most Sac people. The radio stations advertisedit as a Mike Bibby event and a ton of people showed up thinking he was going to be there to sign stuff. Dude showed for like 5 minutes before he bounced...

Niketalk Legends picture: Retrokid, MightyMYT, DJKona, Bastitch, JOJO, ShoeGeek all in one pic...Crazy!

P

The Love Truck!
P

P

Image052.jpg

Jordan Love CRV?
P

Billy Hoyle sighting?
Image116.jpg

P

Image087.jpg

P

P

P

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That's not Billy Hoyle...that's teamDIRK...
tongue.gif

Ah the good ol days....

Can't believe that was FIVE years ago. Wow.

I remember I even got called on stage w/ the Dirk jersey (Kings played Dallas the next morning on NBC) and the red-haired host was a total clown.

I still wear that 23 shirt around the house too.

It's kind of weird thinking about all that has gone on since that day...when it seems like just yesterday.

yea in sac the radio did advertise it as a mike bibby thing so there was a bunch of people there JUST to be mike bibby groupies...i showed up for the jordanbus not mike so i enjoyed it...i couldnt find all my pics but i did find some

as for the mike bibby sighting here was the five minutes he was there for

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

I vaguely remember it. Going to the one next to the Santa Monica Pier.
I do remember the frenzy over those trucker hats though
laugh.gif

Anybody have pics/stories though?
Theres going to be one at the santa monica pier? Info
nerd.gif

WOW!

It has been 5 years already. I remember it was when the XVIII's came out so I guess so. I thought it was pretty fun - I wish Jordan Brand still did stufflike this, now they barely even advertise at all.

I remember Bastitch getting on the radio and Shoegeek getting a trucker hat. I was jealous because that was when trucker hats were the IN thing. Cory, Ithink I remember you winning something for answering the question "which non-athlete is sponsored by Jordan"? The fact that I remember all of thismakes it even more unbelievable that it has already been 5 years.

Oh and TeamDirk, we were laughing at you. The nerve of this guy showing up with a Dallas jersey! Ha-ha - were you even on Niketalk then?

ijapino the pics aren't working for me either. Would it have anything to do with being on a mac? I did the right click and it goes to an msn site butdoesn't load anything.

Originally Posted by abernja

ijapino the pics aren't working for me either. Would it have anything to do with being on a mac? I did the right click and it goes to an msn site but doesn't load anything.

Abernja......control+click on your mac and then choose "open image in new window". It worked fine for me after I did that.

me 5 years ago at PG plaza in maryland....crazy how times passes by
eek.gif

f84365fbae_m.jpg

i nearly won a pair of tickets to the mcdonalds all-american classic at verizon center in dc (lebron james was in the mcd's classic) had i not guessed whatmj's career batting average in the minor leagues..i was .01 short of the right answer
mad.gif

but i did get the 18 years of love poster like everyone else
laugh.gif

i remember the grand prize got a pair of the black/blue 18's.some 8 year old kid got it
glasses.gif

I was at the one in Harlem NYC on the release date of the Black/Chrome VIIIs... it was cool cuz it was my first time being around ppl jus like me... kindaconfirmed my sneakerhead status

Remember Jin from 106th and Park?! I met him and got an autograph w/ a picture thinkin' he was gunna B the next big thing LMAO

Got hella bags w/ goodies and hella Natural History of Air Jordan posters... good times

Originally Posted by mustbetheshoe58

me 5 years ago at PG plaza in maryland....crazy how times passes by
eek.gif

f84365fbae_m.jpg

i nearly won a pair of tickets to the mcdonalds all-american classic at verizon center in dc (lebron james was in the mcd's classic) had i not guessed what mj's career batting average in the minor leagues..i was .01 short of the right answer
mad.gif

but i did get the 18 years of love poster like everyone else
laugh.gif

i remember the grand prize got a pair of the black/blue 18's.some 8 year old kid got it
glasses.gif

Was that the Capital Classic not the McD game?

I remember LeBron's XVIII and that was the same year

& wasn't McDonalds in Cleveland that year. Where LeBron was handed the slam dunk competition over Shannon Brown and J.R. Giddens.

Back
Top Bottom