repaying student loan vol. how much do you owe?

ricky robot wrote:
Here's a question:

Would it be worth it to take out a student loan for an out-of-state school? I may have lost my scholarship and I'm going into my senior year. Obviously, I want to complete my degree at the school where I started it, but I do realize that it would be costly.
What options do you have?  Most schools require you to do a certain number of credit hours at that institution before they will let you graduate, regardless of how many of your courses/credits transfer.  (You can't go to the University of BFE for three and a half years and then transfer to Harvard for a semester just to graduate.)  So even under the most idea circumstances you're left either A) taking out a loan to finish one year or B) taking out a smaller loan each year and going longer in state. 

Originally Posted by Answer IV DMX

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Originally Posted by PetePeteO

$210,000. Seriously, no joke. Grad school is no fun.

Man that hurts

What u in school for

One thing that I have been seriously considering is going to DC and working for the Federal Government.  I forget the exact length of time... I want to say 5 10 years? but if you work with a government agency you can get your loans entirely paid off.
Public Service Loan Foregiveness: http://www.finaid.org/loans/publicservice.phtml

-waystinthyme

Originally Posted by waystinthyme

Originally Posted by Answer IV DMX

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Originally Posted by PetePeteO

$210,000. Seriously, no joke. Grad school is no fun.

Man that hurts

What u in school for

One thing that I have been seriously considering is going to DC and working for the Federal Government.  I forget the exact length of time... I want to say 5 10 years? but if you work with a government agency you can get your loans entirely paid off.
Public Service Loan Foregiveness: http://www.finaid.org/loans/publicservice.phtml

-waystinthyme
Isn't that only for federal loans though.  I have problems with my loans because i can't get a % of income forbearance or any loan forgiveness programs (i work for NASA) because my loans are private (sallie mae).  But the upside (sarcasm) they are defaultable so i could declare bankruptcy and have them gone. Which can't be done one Fed loans

^ yeah, i think they have to be federal loans...don't think you can do the program with private loans.

-waystinthyme

Yeah it sucks. I sympathize with people in here that went out of state....so stupid. Drexel University 30k a year (after aid). Yep.....

Gonna be tough for about 3 or 4 years

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Yeah it sucks. I sympathize with people in here that went out of state....so stupid. Drexel University 30k a year (after aid). Yep.....

Gonna be tough for about 3 or 4 years

my hr dept sucks they dont know anything about student loan forgiveness...i need to see if the judicial does forgiveness i think i would be contacting opm right...?

I have one year left of school and will probably owe around 12-13k not too bad...depends if I go to grad school though

Back
Top Bottom