resell price vs. pride!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by zongetsu23

I remember back in the day the problem wasn't you couldn't get or find a pair of shoes because most shoe stores got every pair of jordans and had them weeks after the came out
the problem was people were just to poor to buy them

This man speaks the truth. I remember walking into the sports authority as a kid to pick up my Griffey 1's

Supply and demand. In NYC, you was able to find all those CDP weeks after release. Unfortunately, it's not like that in other markets. People are forced tospend more to get the shoes they desire. I guess since most people see they are spending less then the overall package, its a good deal. Don't think it hasto do with hypebeast. Has to do with how badly you want the sneakers. If i own a pair of kicks that I can sell for 150, but I know someone wants it badly andwilling to pay 200, the smart business move is to sell it for more. All about supply and demand.

yall still not answering my question. im asking y should we think its ok for supply & demand+ hype to increase the prices of the shoes or anything else webuy.(when i say we i mean shoeheads) like that guy who said he paid 290 for his carmines. thats ridiculous he could have spend 20 more dollars to get the wholepack. idk about yall but 20 dollars for some 17's is nice but he isnt lookin at that. he's blinded by the hype of one shoe. im not saying the carminesaren't nice. but i wouldnt spend 290 on my holy grails if they were to release today. id pay retail maybe even 10 to 15 dollars more if i had to but thatsit. paying more than double the value for a shoe that just released is absurd. tell me something.

it seems to me like jb is catering to resellers. y would u produce less of a hot item? that means less money in there pocket. it doesnt matter how many 6'sor mid-top 11's they release they will sell out. point blank. the more u make the more you receive right. i dont want to here about a marketing strategybecause all jb got to do is slap a jumpman on something and it will sell 9.5/10 times.

Originally Posted by denverairforce

hype + supply & demand x the internet = outrageous prices

pretty simple. why do sellers sell for those prices? because they want money. why will people pay those prices? because they have money.

if you're asking why people think $250 for a pair of shoes is a good deal, well, I guess that means they expected to pay even more. and that just goes back to the original formula of hype plus s&d multiplied by the power of the internet.

nailed it

and for the record i dont have trouble finding kicks. if i have the money and i see something i want then i cop. if i dont have the money i wait until i do andthen u search the net and cop, sometimes months or year later for RETAIL or LESS. but if the price is ridiculous than means i dont need them. i know u wont beable to find certain kicks after the release for retail unless your lucky but that only applies to a small percentage of kicks. none of which are in a cdp. atthe end of the day shoes are shoes. they dont run me. unlike some of the NT members and other shoeheads i know.

Some just don't understand basic economics. You mad people resell? You can't stop demand and you can't stop people from buying the shoes. Don'tbuy the shoes if you don't like the resell price, or get on your game and get them for retail.

Keep in mind that you're starting a debate over spending maybe a hundred dollars more than retail for something. To some people its not that big a deal,some people have disposable income, some love the product so much that the price doesn't matter.

In the end, you as an individual can't control the way this shoe market works. The only thing you can do I play your part and spend your money wisely.

idk how to people do it. i have 30 pairs of shoes and more and i have never paid $200 or more. not that i have any heat or anything but. i have fire red 3s,spizikes, 23s, metallic 5s, and i ddnt pay near 200 for them. i guess thats why i dont own any packs. u can find shoes you want for less then u think. got mybmp for 180. when you see a price u think is too high keep searchin

Originally Posted by richiedge

Some just don't understand basic economics. You mad people resell? You can't stop demand and you can't stop people from buying the shoes. Don't buy the shoes if you don't like the resell price, or get on your game and get them for retail.

Keep in mind that you're starting a debate over spending maybe a hundred dollars more than retail for something. To some people its not that big a deal, some people have disposable income, some love the product so much that the price doesn't matter.

In the end, you as an individual can't control the way this shoe market works. The only thing you can do I play your part and spend your money wisely.
QFT

Originally Posted by richiedge

Some just don't understand basic economics. You mad people resell? You can't stop demand and you can't stop people from buying the shoes. Don't buy the shoes if you don't like the resell price, or get on your game and get them for retail.

Keep in mind that you're starting a debate over spending maybe a hundred dollars more than retail for something. To some people its not that big a deal, some people have disposable income, some love the product so much that the price doesn't matter.

ok finally some clarity. well put. i really just wanted to shine some light on the people who may be blinded to this truth. i am in no way mad atany reseller because if someone is goin to buy it than ill sell it for as much as i can too.

Back
Top Bottom