Reselling on NT

Yeah the reselling is pretty lame on here. Especially since 75% of the posts in the actual shoe sections are ranting about how messed up it is to get a pair of kicks.

However, sometimes some NTers do give fair prices in comparison to Ebay and CL.

Everybody resell things that are hot, limited and or exclusive. it's all part of the game. yes, we hate it, but not all resellers are the same. some do it because they have no steady income and a job, some may do it as a job, some may do it because they want to make extra money, some may do it just to be greedy selling at outrages prices.

Unemployment has taken a toll on me and the little money i have including credit cards, i do buy what i can and resell them for a reasonable price. I have a baby to take care of and debt. I have sold many of my gems out of necessity. i'm sure i'm not the only one here too.

But i have seen many n00bs here reselling shoes here with ebay prices that will never sell. funny if you ask me. this is a community and we should help each other not including greedy people.

I can't knock the hustle 50-60 over retail isn't too bad especially with fees and shipping, however I can't stand resellers who mark up 100$+ I know its supply and demand but this whole sneaker craze has gotten out of hand hopefully the bubble will burst.

If they loosened up the rules a bit prices could come down. I know a bunch of Euro people who can cop very easily and would be willing to do hook ups - kind of hard to get stuff going with the minimum post rules and stuff...

Originally Posted by luckycharmz

If they loosened up the rules a bit prices could come down. I know a bunch of Euro people who can cop very easily and would be willing to do hook ups - kind of hard to get stuff going with the minimum post rules and stuff...
Theres either scammers who try NT or merchants trying to use NT as a free business tool. The point is with the minimum posts and rules is to prevent those types of people taking advantage of people. So rules are fine in buy/sell.

Ive noticed since hype going through the roof since the concord release, almost every desireable sneaker price has gone up. Its a sign of the times. Even heads on here want to take advantage. Can we blame them, no. Business is business.  

Early release resellers are caking off b-grades and fakes. NT is full of small time resellers in comparison.

Well funny story for the playoff xii release dude was getting the last pair and offered to sell to a dude that needed that size for $250 before even getting them smh i never seen anything like it in my small city

Originally Posted by jayzrdead

Well funny story for the playoff xii release dude was getting the last pair and offered to sell to a dude that needed that size for $250 before even getting them smh i never seen anything like it in my small city

If I was there, I would have knocked him out and left 2 bills
roll.gif

Personally I love the market place when you can pick up a worn once pair of kicks for around retail that came out years ago. I copped a pair of nds altitudes for 100. It just frustrates me to see playoffs for 250 and 200 for low 11s

Just be patient. Soon enough these guys will have no choice but to start lowering prices because they're tired of sitting on inventory and need the cash.

Originally Posted by FX35on24s

i copped 4 pairs of these lows....kept two for myself..sold on to a local fellow NT'er for retail and the other pair to another friend that was in Vegas for the weekend for retail....does that make ME a reseller??
nope..  

We hate resellers but we just GOTTA buy from them... well, not me. if i miss out, oh freak'n well! I'll definitely live

My friend was telling me he went to a Hibbet's a day after the Cement III release. The one pair they left was his size and he tried to buy em. The associate told him he could have em for $220... I couldn't believe it. I could halfway understand if the shoes weren't on the shelf and he was selling to someone, but that was beyond absurd! I woulda reported that guy.

Originally Posted by spizike231

Man I swear, sometimes I think people make threads in the JB section just to make them. 
eyes.gif

But no, for the most part people resell on here to help other heads out w/ old pairs that they missed out on or have been looking for. When I used to venture into the Buy / Sell forums I used to see a lot of old heat for sale.

And like the dude above^, we have people who genuinely help out NTers with pairs that they recently missed out on since they bought multiples. Doesn't make you a reseller, not at all.

Plus, you're relatively new to this site so you probably don't remember the Pre-Spacejam days.
alien.gif

I don't have issues with those buying multiple pairs to help others out. I have issues with people buying just to resell for 50-60+ over retail. I used to have a couple low key spots that had old releases. I sold 20+ pairs for 5$ over retail plus shipping. I don't even mind paying 20$ over retail, but Noone will so that, or at least I haven't found anyone that will. I live over an hour from anyplace that gets anything, and they usually only get 12 pairs. Plus most releases are on weekends that I work.

Reselling is a good thing only to a certain extent.  Some people be having flightclub prices and that ridciolous. Then theres some who charge like $30 or alil  more thats not to bad. To me anything over $50 $60 is is to much. I know it kills it for people who want the kicks but we know everything sells out now so we just got to work twice as hard to get what we want. If you could buy kicks early and not complain , you shouldnt comeplain about resale cause more of the time its the same price or a lil less. Im not going to lie I dont got a job I just go to school so I try to buy like 3 kicks every release and resale 2 pairs. 1 pair to keep and the other to sell. By selling 2 pair I try and get my pair paided for. I just do cause its a easy way to put a little more money in my pocket so why not.

Back
Top Bottom