Rick Ross calls beef with 50 Cent "Buffoonery"

Rick Ross Calls Beef With 50 Cent "Buffoonery"

by Danielle Harling

posted November 05, 2013 at 1:15PM EST | 112 comments

Rick Ross hoping to avoid future beefs, more concerned with working with others artists and generating income.

Miami rapper Rick Ross has rarely commented on his one-time feud with fellow artist 50 Cent, but during an interview with Power 105.1’s The Breakfast Club this week, the Maybach Music Group founder finally offered his thoughts on his past rift with the Queens emcee.

Ross referred to his beef with Fifty as “buffoonery” and revealed that he didn’t succumb to his feud with the rapper because he never felt it was personal and was more focused on “real things.”

“Was the fact that I never really felt that personally,” said Ross, in regards to his feud with 50 Cent. “You know, at the end of the day where we come from when it’s real you see real things happening. I got homeboys. I got to look at they kids and they no longer here. I got they moms and the holiday time. That’s what be on my mind sometimes. So, I done dealt with real things in real life. So, when you see that type of—I just call it buffoonery or whatever it is, I was enjoying it too. So, it’s like I could have fun too with it. You know what I’m saying? And then at the end of the day I always felt like I’m the one with nothing to lose. I was like this a bad decision for homie to make. You gotta do your homework. You gotta watch—you gotta know what’s going on before you just, you know what I’m saying?”

With his past feud with 50 Cent, Ross also offered his take on the alleged beef between Drake and Kendrick Lamar, a rift that was reportedly sparked due to Kendrick’s verse on Big Sean’s “Control.” While sharing his thoughts on the issues between Drizzy and K-Dot, the MMG wordsmith revealed that he’s currently more concerned with making money than feuding with any other artists.

“It’s really how you feel personally,” said Ross. “If K-Dot—I haven’t really been looking at the situation close enough for me to see that he coming at Drake. That might have went over my head, but at the end of the day it’s like when me and Wale sitting down and me and Meek sitting down. At the end of the day, when you looking at the business perspective, it’s dudes that’s making moves we won’t even remember in 30 days. It’s so many dudes you could go back to the covers of magazines and you haven’t heard their name. So, if they fall into that class, we don’t even waste our time on them. But if it’s somebody else, we gotta make sure they understand who we are. We could fix that. That go for anybody in the rap game…So, when I look at it, it’s like at the end of the day who want a problem with us? At the end of the day that ain’t even why we came here. We want to get money. We want to clique up with you. We want to break bread.”

The beef between 50 Cent and Rick Ross first surfaced in early 2009 over what was allegedly an indirect encounter at the BET Awards and led to the release of a handful of parody videos, diss records, and ironically, increased album sales.

In a 2011 interview with MTV News, Fifty stated that his beef with Ross was more of a battle than a beef.

“Over time, if you personalize everything that is said in each competition...This is why they changed the terminology from 'battling' to 'beefing.' It was always that battling was a part of the culture; they didn't do that until Tupac and Biggie Smalls' situation,” said the Jamaica, Queens rapper. “That's when it became taboo to actually mention an artist's name."

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.26119/title.rick-ross-calls-beef-with-50-cent-buffoonery-

Ross won at the end of the day, due was on one of the biggest albums of 2013 with Magna Carta Holy Grail. Fif probably somewhere kicking himself in the head losing to a C.O. turned rapper :lol:

The fact that this situation started because William caught feelings that 50 didn't say hi to him truly was buffoonery, just like his response.

While I agree Ross "won" as far as musical relevance (and I put quotations because 50 is still rich as hell so he didn't necessarily "lose"), why do you care about 50 Cent so much lol? Second negative thread towards homie today . . . and that's lower than your usual habit of making 4 or 5 anti-50 threads a day. I think I referred to you as this once before . . . but once again . . .

500px-GNN.png

gnn_logo.gif

Might as well change your SN to G-Unit News Network. lol

So that's how it went down? 

:rofl:

Not really, 50 was going at everybody around him. Fat Joe, Khaled, Wayne,...it was gone be Ross sooner or later so he beat him to the punch and dissed him first. 50 took the bait.

Instead of trying to win the battle thru comedy videos on the internet, Ross kept putting out good music while 50 didn't.

Ross won.

Actually Banks won with that officer down joint. William act like he didn't even hear that **** but the public did. Also people keep saying he won because he was on all those we are the world collabs but his actual album flopped. His popularity has been regressing ever since. I'd say nobody won that beef. William had better songs but none were directed at 50. On the other had 50 didn't release hot music but totally embarrassed William publicy with the baby moms and his kid and don't forget baby moms #2 sex tape.

Actually Banks won with that officer down joint. William act like he didn't even hear that **** but the public did. Also people keep saying he won because he was on all those we are the world collabs but his actual album flopped. His popularity has been regressing ever since. I'd say nobody won that beef. William had better songs but none were directed at 50. On the other had 50 didn't release hot music but totally embarrassed William publicy with the baby moms and his kid and don't forget baby moms #2 sex tape.
Publicly

Not really, 50 was going at everybody around him. Fat Joe, Khaled, Wayne,...it was gone be Ross sooner or later so he beat him to the punch and dissed him first. 50 took the bait.

Instead of trying to win the battle thru comedy videos on the internet, Ross kept putting out good music while 50 didn't.

Ross won.

There's an interview from right before the "beef" started where 50 talks about going at all those ppl, the interviewer then asked him about William and 50 gave him nothing but props for coming up. The most he said about William was for him not to stand too close to Joe so he don't catch a stray.

Then you had William talking about paying 50's baby mama rent on Mafia Music because he said he was upset tht Fif didn't acknowledge him at some award show.

Yea that is how it started :lol:

Ross fraudulent off gate cause he was dissing tip for the longest until he blew up

Ross won.
meh, Musically I still hold 50 cent up there at the level that dude has a UNIVERSALLY CLASSIC Rap album. Something that I can't say a lot of rappers have. 50 is one of the richest rappers all in a span of 10 years and hes still getting more money. Either way I'm a fan of that beef. Made for some funny moments

Still blows my mind that people listen to Rick Ross. Son is a clown.

50 won that battle. Son had Ross' financial info online, pics of him in his uniform (that he denied) and then took his family shopping because he couldn't afford to at the time. Come on son. Man to man, you lost. Kids might have liked your music more than 50s at the time but as a man, you lost that battle.

Also read an article where Freeway Rick Ross was saying he believes rapper Rick Ross is an informant. He doesn't sell records but he's on mad songs and drops albums. Some of his points were interesting.

50 won that battle. Son had Ross' financial info online, pics of him in his uniform (that he denied) and then took his family shopping because he couldn't afford to at the time. Come on son. Man to man, you lost. Kids might have liked your music more than 50s at the time but as a man, you lost that battle.

Also read an article where Freeway Rick Ross was saying he believes rapper Rick Ross is an informant. He doesn't sell records but he's on mad songs and drops albums. Some of his points were interesting.

You sound like you still own a couple of g unit tanktops

Lol you are a clown..He couldn't afford it at the time? You're sitting behind a computer screen typing as if you know dude's situation, shut up

While I agree Ross "won" as far as musical relevance (and I put quotations because 50 is still rich as hell so he didn't necessarily "lose"), why do you care about 50 Cent so much lol? Second negative thread towards homie today . . . and that's lower than your usual habit of making 4 or 5 anti-50 threads a day. I think I referred to you as this once before . . . but once again . . .​

500px-GNN.png

gnn_logo.gif

Might as well change your SN to G-Unit News Network. lol​

Corny

Then you had William talking about paying 50's baby mama rent on Mafia Music because he said he was upset tht Fif didn't acknowledge him at some award show.

"Dont forget the gas can jealous stupid ************" :lol: :lol: :lol: . Ross skated on that track.

Last edited:
The one hilarious thing I remember from all this is that vid where 50 was talking about how he was going to F Rick Ross's life up for fun and how he was going to Venezuela for a few weeks and when he got back he was going to continue F'ing his life up.

Lol you are a clown..He couldn't afford it at the time? You're sitting behind a computer screen typing as if you know dude's situation, shut up

I'm sorry, correct if I'm wrong. Wasn't there a 50 page document released online of his credit report and financial status? It said he was 50K in debt at the time, which was around the time his second album dropped. That's why I said he couldn't afford it at that time.

Also, never owned a G-Unit tank top, sneakers or any clothing. Thanks for your concern son.

I'm sorry, correct if I'm wrong. Wasn't there a 50 page document released online of his credit report and financial status? It said he was 50K in debt at the time, which was around the time his second album dropped. That's why I said he couldn't afford it at that time.

Also, never owned a G-Unit tank top, sneakers or any clothing. Thanks for your concern son.
Most rappers falsify documents so that they don't have to pay as much in taxes and child support. Not saying that was the case but...

Back
Top Bottom