Ricky Rubio Very Overrated! vol. Darko pt. 2

Originally Posted by eight2one

Europeans are mad inconsistent....Darko is the biggest letdown...then again it also about who else was in that draft!
Darko isn't a good example of Europeans being "inconsistent." Besides, his ability to flourish in the league was stymied under LarryBrown's coaching. Larry Brown being an American coach.

Anyone who talks this "Europeans are this or that" nonsense when it comes to basketball are biased. Just admit it.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

laugh.gif
at people not liking him because he lays the ball in. Dude can dunk, check more highlights if you don't believe me. Dunking is more for the fans than anything else. It's 2 points regardless. He's saving his knees, ankles, and back long term by not doing it. Like as much as I love watching Lebron dunk on the breaks. He will more than likely have knee replacement surgery when hes 50 because of him jumping so high so much at a high weight.

laugh.gif
at people taking Jennings over him. Listen Jennings is an athletic freak, and I could care less how good his Assist numbers are. Dude is not a DECISION-MAKING PG. He's flashy with lots of TOs. His jumper is as flawed as Rubio's. Rubio doesn't get off the ground enough IMO. But having a fading jumper, like the one Jennings has, is even WORST. And if he reminds someone of starbury. Than please keep him away from my Knicks at all costs. Last thing I want is another selfish shoot-first PG who thinks he's going to avg 10 dimes and 10 assists per game. Like how is that even possible?
roll.gif
Plus Rubio has better stats than Jennings at this point overseas and he's younger than Jennings. Or are they the same age. Don't remember and don't have the time to check

laugh.gif
at people comparing him to Darko. Here's the problem. Back in 02-05 when people were in love with internationals. The scouting was weak overseas. The scouts now know what to look for. I bet if you look at internationals who have been drafted from 06 on, the % of busts is or will be equal to that of your typical American player.

All in all I want him on the Knicks. He's the perfect fit. I see him as an improved Jose Chalderon. Which is great for a PG IMO. And sorry but Chalderon > Starbury if you want to consider someone who runs your team. I really just hate selfish PGs.
And the cool thing about is that...he REALLY is 6'7 220. They just list him at 6'3.

Nah but seriously...

I'm so over trying to put bust labels on players...you never know...it's all about the work they put in...it's never about the talent because theyall have it. Obviously...to be 17 and playing on that Spain team is quite impressive on it's own.

Serious question: If Derrick Rose (while at Memphis), John Wall, and Ricky Rubio were all availiable at the same time, what order would you pick them?

Ive seen Rubio in limited minutes and Wall only through youtube, but I'd still pick Wall. Idk why but it seems to be the safer pick. Rose for me would bethe unanimous 1st pick of the three.

Originally Posted by Tunnel Vision

Serious question: If Derrick Rose (while at Memphis), John Wall, and Ricky Rubio were all availiable at the same time, what order would you pick them?

Ive seen Rubio in limited minutes and Wall only through youtube, but I'd still pick Wall. Idk why but it seems to be the safer pick. Rose for me would be the unanimous 1st pick of the three.

I think Rose is the safer pick of the 3. Rubio has potential to be very close to what Rose is. So off potential alone I think he'd go #2. I don'tthink Wall has the IT ability of a PG. I think he'll be more of a combo guard than anything else. He can make plays. But he doesn't run a team wellfrom what most scouting reports on him wrote. From Rivals, to ESPN, to others. He'd athletically gifted. But I'm never sold on athleticism byitself. I seen too many players who fed off that alone and never did anything because of it. Wall needs to improve a lot still.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

laugh.gif
at people not liking him because he lays the ball in. Dude can dunk, check more highlights if you don't believe me. Dunking is more for the fans than anything else. It's 2 points regardless. He's saving his knees, ankles, and back long term by not doing it. Like as much as I love watching Lebron dunk on the breaks. He will more than likely have knee replacement surgery when hes 50 because of him jumping so high so much at a high weight.

laugh.gif
at people taking Jennings over him. Listen Jennings is an athletic freak, and I could care less how good his Assist numbers are. Dude is not a DECISION-MAKING PG. He's flashy with lots of TOs. His jumper is as flawed as Rubio's. Rubio doesn't get off the ground enough IMO. But having a fading jumper, like the one Jennings has, is even WORST. And if he reminds someone of starbury. Than please keep him away from my Knicks at all costs. Last thing I want is another selfish shoot-first PG who thinks he's going to avg 10 dimes and 10 assists per game. Like how is that even possible?
roll.gif
Plus Rubio has better stats than Jennings at this point overseas and he's younger than Jennings. Or are they the same age. Don't remember and don't have the time to check

laugh.gif
at people comparing him to Darko. Here's the problem. Back in 02-05 when people were in love with internationals. The scouting was weak overseas. The scouts now know what to look for. I bet if you look at internationals who have been drafted from 06 on, the % of busts is or will be equal to that of your typical American player.

All in all I want him on the Knicks. He's the perfect fit. I see him as an improved Jose Chalderon. Which is great for a PG IMO. And sorry but Chalderon > Starbury if you want to consider someone who runs your team. I really just hate selfish PGs.
10 dimes and 10 assists, this boy gonna average 20 assists... I want him on my team
roll.gif

The "he held his own against the worlds best in the Olympics" argument is lame...

The entire Spanish National Team held there own against the "worlds best" (Assuming you mean the U.S. team) in the Olympics, so why don't wedraft them all? Many players from other teams played much better than Rubio against the U.S., so why aren't they first round picks?

I'd take Stephan Curry as a point guard over Rubio.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by FoShizzle

Well then...I think we're done here.
indifferent.gif
lol..pretty much...i like bjennings a lot, but i wouldnt be surprised if rubio turns out better...i just like flashy guards like jennings

The "he held his own against the worlds best in the Olympics" argument is lame...

The entire Spanish National Team held there own against the "worlds best" (Assuming you mean the U.S. team) in the Olympics, so why don't we draft them all? Many players from other teams played much better than Rubio against the U.S., so why aren't they first round picks?

i think GMs would have been jizzing their pants if each of those players on the spanish national team were 17 years old and they were lotterybound in 09.

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

indifferent.gif
lol..pretty much...i like bjennings a lot, but i wouldnt be surprised if rubio turns out better...i just like flashy guards like jennings
i rather have a pass first PG with a high IQ then a flashy guard like jennings. yes they are fun to watch, but most of the time they dont helptheir team win (i consider Dwill and cp3 pass first to an extent). John Wall reminds me of steve francis too much and jennings i think is gonna be a bust. Onthe other hand, i think Rubio might take 4-5 years to start making an impact in the league.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

indifferent.gif
i rather have a pass first PG with a high IQ then a flashy guard like jennings. yes they are fun to watch, but most of the time they dont help their team win (i consider Dwill and cp3 pass first to an extent). John Wall reminds me of steve francis too much and jennings i think is gonna be a bust. On the other hand, i think Rubio might take 4-5 years to start making an impact in the league.
well yeah but, pass first point guards dont always mean your team will be successful..look at the raptors for example..and jennings is more likekenny anderson to me...and who would want to wait 4-5 years?? bassy been in the league for a 5 or so years and dude aint progressed like people projected

The entire Spanish National Team held there own against the "worlds best" (Assuming you mean the U.S. team) in the Olympics, so why don't we draft them all?
2 reasons...

1 - The entire Spanish team isn't 17 years...nor played on the team when they were 17.
2 - The best players on the team are already in the NBA

laugh.gif
Not sure what point you were trying to make there.

Also like I have said before the only reason Darko is not a player in this league is because he is bat +@$* insane.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

indifferent.gif
i rather have a pass first PG with a high IQ then a flashy guard like jennings. yes they are fun to watch, but most of the time they dont help their team win (i consider Dwill and cp3 pass first to an extent). John Wall reminds me of steve francis too much and jennings i think is gonna be a bust. On the other hand, i think Rubio might take 4-5 years to start making an impact in the league.
well yeah but, pass first point guards dont always mean your team will be successful..look at the raptors for example..and jennings is more like kenny anderson to me...and who would want to wait 4-5 years?? bassy been in the league for a 5 or so years and dude aint progressed like people projected

The Raps failure has nothing to do with their point-guard situation. They suck because they hardly play no D

Originally Posted by Pretty Toney

The entire Spanish National Team held there own against the "worlds best" (Assuming you mean the U.S. team) in the Olympics, so why don't we draft them all?
2 reasons...

1 - The entire Spanish team isn't 17 years...nor played on the team when they were 17.

laugh.gif

The point (that you are pretending to not understand) is the argument that Rubio held his own in the Olympics doesn't cut it, as there are many playersthat held their own in the Olympics. Patrick Mills did much more than "hold his own" against the U.S. and in the entire Olympics in general and hedidn't exactly have the star teammates to take defensive attention away from him that Rubio had...he was 19 (since apparently we are now drafting based onage?). I guess that is too old, because he is projected as a 2nd round pick.

How can somebody say an 18-year old kid is going to be average in the NBA when he already showed that he could play pretty good against some of the best in theNBA? And the fact that he's been playing professional ball overseas since like 13 or 14? I already knew Darko was going to be worth the hype when he firstcame into the league and didn't know why he was going so high. He's a solid player, but nothing more or less. Rubio is a completely different story inmy books.

I think he'll definitely be a great player in the league because of his willingness to learn and improve his game along with a high basketball IQ. If youhave those attributes, you can become something special in the league. All because the kid isn't as athletic as Derrick Rose or John Wall doesn't meanhis bball IQ isn't better which I think it is. I really expect him to surprise alot of doubters once he's drafted. If Memphis were to get the no.2 pickin the draft, I would definitely pick him up and trade Conley.

Originally Posted by Pretty Toney

2 reasons...

laugh.gif

The point (that you are pretending to not understand) is the argument that Rubio held his own in the Olympics doesn't cut it, as there are many players that held their own in the Olympics. Patrick Mills did much more than "hold his own" against the U.S. and in the entire Olympics in general and he didn't exactly have the star teammates to take defensive attention away from him that Rubio had...he was 19 (since apparently we are now drafting based on age?). I guess that is too old, because he is projected as a 2nd round pick.

laugh.gif
I'm not pretending any way...you just have flawed reasoning.First, you suggest that the whole Spanish team should get drafted...which didn't make ANY sense at all.

1 - YES his age matters...it's no different than how we scout players here...so if you're going to be outspoken about Rubio...you definitely have aproblem with us seeing players like John Wall who is already a lock to be a top 3 pick in 2010 and could have went top 5 this year...based on what he doesagainst high school players...right? POTENTIAL has been the main factor in the draft for the past decade now. It's the way of the scouting world...the kidhas been on the radar since 14 because he's been a standout in a professional league that is NO slouch. You're the one who is choosing to put the factthat he "held his own" against the US team under the microscope. Truth be told...even if he didn't play in the olympics...he'd still be alock for the top 3 in this draft.

2 - Not sure why you brought up Mills. He plays for Austrailia...not exactly a hotbed for talent so he had an obvious green light. The fact that Rubio is evenON the Spanish team @ 17 was a big deal because there are more than a few Spanish players who are veterans who could have took his place.Sergio Rodriquez isactually in the NBA and was left off the team.

Back
Top Bottom