Rigged in sports?

I watched a documentary about betting in combat sports in the 90’s It was called Lionheart when an African American manager told his guy to stay down because the manager bet on the other guy. He responded "wrong bet" & won the tournament & his freedom.
Edit Found it.

Last edited:
Post season NBA? No

Regular season? Some games...

As far as backdoor covers and playing to w/e side of the total

boxing def rigged and will forever be rigged

Absolutely.. I stated a few pages back that it might be one of the most corrupt sports out there. I was referring to that terrible example of the Tyson vid posted, that looked legit to me, not sure what that poster saw otherwise

I already knew it but this confirmed it
SmartSelect_20190805-001610_Google.gif

I already knew it but this confirmed it
SmartSelect_20190805-001610_Google.gif
I am open minded, but as I mentioned before, there just has to be TOO many people to be IN ON IT for stuff to go as "planned."

I do believe refs can be told what to do though, but refs can make shots and/or get stops on the defensive end.

They can make stops by calling a petty foul. They can't make baskets per se', but they can call a series of petty calls to get a team to the line frequently.
National Business Association

They can make stops by calling a petty foul. They can't make baskets per se', but they can call a series of petty calls to get a team to the line frequently.
Yea but that is all conditional, meaning something needs to happen that allows them to even "reacH" to make the call that they want to call in an attempt to influence.

You hear about the magnet being in the balls? ( Pause ).

You should read the ESPN piece on Donaghy.

Long story short, he wasn't the only official that was dirty and the NBA purposely compromised the FBI's investigation to limit the damage. Donaghy was just the fall guy.

You should read the ESPN piece on Donaghy.

Long story short, he wasn't the only official that was dirty and the NBA purposely compromised the FBI's investigation to limit the damage. Donaghy was just the fall guy.
I read his book and highly recommend it to any sports fan especially if they gamble.

Jordan taking two years off....>D, I think he was messing up the money for others. Stern probably paid him to take a break. None of the Finals he competed in went to game 7. NBA would prefer it goes to seven games every year, more ad revenue, more ratings, etc.

Bonus: Flu game wasn't the flu, it was a hangover.

I can def see the refs calling calls or fouls to stop momentum a certain team has had.
Or not calling fouls they should have.
You can see how these type of things stop momentum or make certain teams lose their focus

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican , good post. Sheed basically backed up the report YEARS before it came out. Good find.

jape jape , that's exactly how Donaghy did it, but with him it wasn't really to stop momentum, but to get a guy out of a game. I think the piece mentioned a game where he hit Vince with 2 quick fouls early in the game to make sure they sit him.

The thing with the NBA and it's officials influencing a game is that it's hard to prove because during a game not every call is made for the sake of flow. So a ref could legitimately blow their whistle on a correct call and still be influencing a game.

That magnet talk is nonsense. I've been hot in a game and i definitely know people that can flat out shoot lights out so i know the best of the best can outdo them.
Likewise. Back in 2012 or 2013 I played a 2 on 2 at my college .. we were down like 11 to 2 game to 16... I scored like 12 jumpers in a row .. dude who was at least 6 '5 was mad as ****.... we ended up winning the game. But the feeling of not being able to miss is really an experience everyone should feel at some point in their lives to know what we are all capable of....

Likewise. Back in 2012 or 2013 I played a 2 on 2 at my college .. we were down like 11 to 2 game to 16... I scored like 12 jumpers in a row .. dude who was at least 6 '5 was mad as ****.... we ended up winning the game. But the feeling of not being able to miss is really an experience everyone should feel at some point in their lives to know what we are all capable of....

Username checks out :lol:

But yeah I played organized ball from 5th grade all the way through high school and man whether it be at practice or especially in a game where you catch fire its such a damn good feeling

Back
Top Bottom