Air Jordan XIV White/Varsity Red 4/6/19

They put melo sig logo in retro 19s.....hmmmmm
upload_2019-3-31_22-11-43.jpeg
Yeah that's what I'm talking about.

If they wanted these to be the Rip 14s then just do that on the insole.

They made those the Melo 19s and that insole was the only connection.

I'm not buying for the connection anyway. But either have it be connected or don't.

Hang tag???

Yeah, g-time g-time is right. Probably an error.

In their press release, Nike wrote:

Air Jordan XIV White/Red
Celebrating the 20-year anniversary of the Air Jordan XIV, a classic colorway returns in true OG form. The silhouette, inspired by luxury sports car styling, has been produced as a stitch-for-stitch replica. The April 6 release also comes with original packaging and signature hangtags.

I thought we talked about this:lol:

I do receive my last paycheck from Wal Mart on Thursday but I will probably not secure on release day. I'll probably wait and secure on StockX for a lower price. I plan to hold the money if or when they have an early release for the 4s.
Yeah, so let me get this straight: You hate the 2006 black toe 14s because they have ribbing on the sides. But you're all about these white/red 14s ... that have the ribbing on the sides. That makes a lot of sense. Let me guess: It's hideous on the black toes because the OG of that colorway didn't have it, but it's OK on these because the OGs of the white/reds had it. If that's the case, it really has nothing to do with what you think looks better or worse, it has to do with just wanting the retros to be true to the OG colorways. I can understand that, but don't say one shoe with the ribbing is ugly because of it while simultaneously saying you're all in on a different white-based colorway that has the same ribbing.

Honestly i’d have to agree that the black toes look way way better without the ribbing for some reason.
It's all subjective for sure, to each their own.

The ribbing looks better with a white toe cap versus a black toe. The look flows better.
Again, whatever floats your boat. Personally, if anything, I find the white/reds to look "cheaper" than some of the other 14 colorways.

The ribs on the black toe in 06 stopped me from buying them back then. Still a great shoe.
At the time, I wished they were just like the OGs. As time passed, I came to actually--I don't want to say prefer them with the ribbing--but I realized that the added texture and lines make them more interesting and somewhat less boring than the smooth-sided OG design. Not that I don't love the OG as well. The one other thing about the '06 is that ribbing aside, this retro version is so much nicer than what the 14 retros have become. The shape (toe especially) is noticeably different, the cushioning feels good, the inner lining is plush like the OGs. If only the 14s from the past however many years could be so solid.

I’m too lazy to google. Are these only the second OG colorway to drop this year? Infra 6s are the only other one i can think of.

It's all subjective for sure, to each their own.

Again, whatever floats your boat. Personally, if anything, I find the white/reds to look "cheaper" than some of the other 14 colorways.

At the time, I wished they were just like the OGs. As time passed, I came to actually--I don't want to say prefer them with the ribbing--but I realized that the added texture and lines make them more interesting and somewhat less boring than the smooth-sided OG design. Not that I don't love the OG as well. The one other thing about the '06 is that ribbing aside, this retro version is so much nicer than what the 14 retros have become. The shape (toe especially) is noticeably different, the cushioning feels good, the inner lining is plush like the OGs. If only the 14s from the past however many years could be so solid.
I had the OG last shots , the fingers, the 05 last shots and the black and white with the ribs... I loved the ribs on them. Gave them a different look...

They dropped again without the stitching and I couldn't bite.... quality was subpar on the last shots and the black toes so I wont be buying a pair of xivs until we get that premium feel again...

I had the OG last shots , the fingers, the 05 last shots and the black and white with the ribs... I loved the ribs on them. Gave them a different look...

They dropped again without the stitching and I couldn't bite.... quality was subpar on the last shots and the black toes so I wont be buying a pair of xivs until we get that premium feel again...
The '06s really do put the later retros to shame in terms of materials, shape, and comfort. Hoping for a nicer retro of the black toes soon, didn't bite on the last go-around.

If the leather quality and craftsmanship exceeds my expectations ill cop. If not its a pass.

But those ferrai yellow xiv look like full grain leather that might be a better move.
2012 candy canes 14 I found in Plato’s closet has super soft side panels that I think is real leather, hard af toebox, hard af collar leather.
Carbon fiber was proved to be real.

Hopefully JB keep up this quality.

Why are they not candy cane 14s?

32CD890A-7B52-4F9B-B997-CF372EEDB841.png
Attached, the proof how it will sit like ducks.
I don’t see how Nike can recreate hype by saying these are Hamilton shoes just like they did with the Hyper Royal 13s

How are they Hamilton’s PE when he was in UConn? Was he signed by Nike then?

I’ve been in the market for some indiglos for a while now just waiting on the right pair to pop up on ebay. I havent had a pair of 14s ever before but I’m kinda thinking about getting these the more i look at them. I really love the black toes but consensus is the 2014s weren’t great.

I’ve been in the market for some indiglos for a while now just waiting on the right pair to pop up on ebay. I havent had a pair of 14s ever before but I’m kinda thinking about getting these the more i look at them. I really love the black toes but consensus is the 2014s weren’t great.
Indiglos are the only other 14 colorway I love besides the black toes. I had been waiting a good 15 years to get them again, so I bought the retro on day one. It could be better, but they still look sick on my feet. Kind of wish I had another pair ...

Yeah, so let me get this straight: You hate the 2006 black toe 14s because they have ribbing on the sides. But you're all about these white/red 14s ... that have the ribbing on the sides. That makes a lot of sense. Let me guess: It's hideous on the black toes because the OG of that colorway didn't have it, but it's OK on these because the OGs of the white/reds had it. If that's the case, it really has nothing to do with what you think looks better or worse, it has to do with just wanting the retros to be true to the OG colorways. I can understand that, but don't say one shoe with the ribbing is ugly because of it while simultaneously saying you're all in on a different white-based colorway that has the same ribbing.

:wink:
14s 1.jpg
14s 2.jpg
14s 3.jpg
14s 4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom