RIP New York Hip-Hop? (Need Some Feedback)

kendrick has that big label budget for the right producers. before that he just had a great ear and whatever TDE afforded him.

but as it relates to West coast production and sounding modern, they just took old West Coast formula and added trap drums, something that harry fraud kinda does for NY, but people have such a firm idea of NY rap being boom bap that they hear rolling hi hats and 808s and they get rhe unfair criticism of NY copying Atlanta which everyone is guilty of if the only prerequisite is melody, 808s and hi hats.

Right, that's a fair point. I do think NY artists have that added hurdle with the unfair criticism they receive anytime they rap over something that sounds remotely nonnative.

I agree with this.

I was finna say 1999 but that brings up the point that NY suffers from the dynamic of wanting to relive its past and then ****ting on people who actually achieve that. Their fans arent gonna know what they want until they see it.

I **** with Joey and I honestly thought he had next. I don't really understand what happened there.

He's only 23 though so, who knows.

If Fab has struggle bars, you don't listen to much rap these days

Bro his punchlines have been forever corny and predictable. I’m not saying I don’t like or listen to Fab but he’s often unspectacular and unimpressive.

You’re entitled to your own opinion though. I’m just not easily impressed I guess.

“they” often do say big sean is this generations fab

if sean had more street bars i dont really see the difference

ehhh again I don’t see the difference I just think since Fab a legend who has been doing it since anyone discussing this was at least in elem/middle/high school, it would be blasphemous to insinuate theyre equal or sean is better

especially I Decided and beyond Sean. He’s mastered that style and sad to say people dont really care about it anymore.

I mean *****s need club music. Its room for everyone to develop also. YG went from toot it and boot it to FDT and his first two studio albums which were great.

I think the beauty of what NY has going on right now is that theres Dave East and Don Q, Casanova and 69 and **** like Flatbush Zombies and Joey.

Btw Joey probably has the most potential to make “that” album right now. Has the fanbase, is he on a label (?), and he’s starting to experiment more sonically while still having bars.

You sound like you should get in the field and create what youre looking for via producing, rapping yourself or managing people.

So, guys weren’t making “club” music in the 90s and 2000s? I’m not understanding. What’s the difference between modern club music, and past club music?

So, guys weren’t making “club” music in the 90s and 2000s? I’m not understanding. What’s the difference between modern club music, and past club music?

im not understanding what youre trying to say here?

is that a rhetorical question to try and compare tekashi to NY club hits from the past? He’s very much in the lane of MOP, Onyx and even certain DMX club records. People compare him to Juvenile all the time.

What are you getting at here

Paul Cain renegade verse >>>>

Also, disrespectful to compare Big Sean to Fab :smh:. Fab made can you hear me and Breathe. BREATHE my *****!

Back
Top Bottom