RIP New York Hip-Hop? (Need Some Feedback)

Dame Grease is from Harlem

So because moved down to Atlanta for part of high school it gave him his musical education?

Just because you were born a certain place doesn't mean you don't have a New York sound. From samples to 1200's, Ski and Premo are the definition of a New York sound.
bruh... they are southern producers plain and simple

And it doesn't matter where premier is from he's a NY style producer. Zaytoven is from the Bay but nobody calls him a Bay area sound producer.

This is like when NYers claim Michael Jordan cuz he was born there.

And the Ruff Ryders ain't have a NY sound?? The hell?
laugh.gif

Dudes in here be either too biased for the south or too biased for NY.
okay dame grease(who is very underrated as a producer) was all over x's first album(he was probably more into the Vacant Lot Artist than the Ruff Ryders stuff at this point) but after that it was swizz more southern style that was at the forefront of RR movement from there...

okay dame grease(who is very underrated as a producer) was all over x's first album(he was probably more into the Vacant Lot Artist than the Ruff Ryders stuff at this point) but after that it was swizz more southern style that was at the forefront of RR movement from there...

What was southern about Swizz's style?

have you experienced a southern drum line?

I went to a HBCU in the south :lol:

So again, what is southern about his sound?

So a couple of years of high school influenced Swizz, but Premier is a southern producer? What exactly was the Southern sound when No More Mr Nice Guy came out?

Much less Ski. Have you ever listened to Original Flavor? Did Camp Lo have a southern sound?

Oh my god this thread is absolutely ridiculous

This.

Son trying to say Swizz is a Southern producer because he spent a few years in Atlanta and has Southern drums (debatable)....yet Premier is a Southern producer because he was born there.

And trying to move Chicago to the South :lol:

Ski had BEEN in NY at that point.

Y'all want it both ways. Hence "trying too hard".

Jay obviously worked with successful Southern producers. And successful NY producers. And successful Midwestern producers.

Stop trying to make it more than it is.

Last edited:
This.

Son trying to say Swizz is a Southern producer because he spent a few years in Atlanta and has Southern drums (debatable)....yet Premier is a Southern producer because he was born there.

And trying to move Chicago to the South :lol:
Ski had BEEN in NY at that point.

Y'all want it both ways. Hence "trying too hard".

Jay obviously worked with successful Southern producers. And successful NY producers. And successful Midwestern producers.

Stop trying to make it more than it is.

:lol:

I'm sitting here wondering if he realizes the contradiction in his argument :lol:

Drag On was the most southern style artist in Ruff Ryders, but he didn't even mention Drag

Premier sound is 100% NY. So is Swizz.

Zaytoven is from the bay but nobody in their right mind would call him a westcoast producer. Where you're from and your style/sound are 2 different things.

The Heatmakerz are from Jamaica. I guess that makes them Reggae.

I went to a HBCU in the south
laugh.gif

So again, what is southern about his sound?

So a couple of years of high school influenced Swizz, but Premier is a southern producer? What exactly was the Southern sound when No More Mr Nice Guy came out?

Much less Ski. Have you ever listened to Original Flavor? Did Camp Lo have a southern sound?
camp lo luchini days i know very well original flava too hip hop wise my knowledge aint a problem...swizz maybe born in bronx but ol boy aint your token new york producer....just to end this at the real point nyc so called stars had to go past the mason dixie line to get to the next level when hip hop incorporated their southern brothern is when they took off globally(except for wu tang) jockin swag the slang....check what chad butler,lil j or luke had to say about it adds up to same answer

...swizz maybe born in bronx but ol boy aint your token new york producer....

But he's your token Southern producer?

Born and raised in NY and coming up under his uncles, who, from NY, launched Ruff Ryders?

A label basically synonymous with Yonkers NY?

OK :lol:

Last edited:
It's funny on here.

This "NY vs the South" back and forth on here has its elitist d-bags on both sides of the argument.

Last edited:
New York is one of the fore father's of the trap sound considering one of its most successful artist during the trap renaissance a few years ago is a Queens native. Pay homage

New York is one of the fore father's of the trap sound considering one of its most successful artist during the trap renaissance a few years ago is a Queens native. Pay homage

You talking bout Waka?

Cuz he was unabashedly repping Riverdale when he was popping.....

Back
Top Bottom