RIP New York Hip-Hop? (Need Some Feedback)

Don't think it's fair to call Boogie a "hook guy" son talks that **** and makes songs that both real dudes and the thots **** with. He's not as lyrical as his NYC counterparts but he's a better song maker. His catalog (artist, hbtl, tba) albeit limited is a solid A so far.

a boogie the hardest NY dude right now and the one making the best and most modern complete songs

followed by Dave East who i feel like skill wise is good enough and has all the intangibles in play to be a star and is from NY so people just letting it rock since nothing new or better is here

Last edited:
Conway is the hardest out of NY. Period. As soon as Griselda gets that roc nation cosign ppl will see.

Last edited:
The lane A Boogie is in is already filled with dudes that do it better than him. Ain't that many dudes making songs like It Was Written and Type Of Time right now. That's the kinda **** I want to hear from a NY rapper.

A Boogie got his own lane. Ain't nobody making

Timeless
Macaroni
Bag on me
Regular Person
DTB
Floyd Mayweather
Jungle

I'm telling you.....I was fronting on A Boogie. Till one day driving......I decided to randomly throw "Bag on me" on in the whip. He clicked.

When he said: "I never laugh at a ***** doing bad, cuz ***** I been thru that sht".......

It hit home. And was real. Shorty just resonates, has a good melody, talks that talk, has something for the cruddy *****, the bishes, and the Fly *****.

Dude is complete. And very different from a "typical ny rapper". I'm a fan

I'm telling you.....I was fronting on A Boogie. Till one day driving......I decided to randomly throw "Bag on me" on in the whip. He clicked.

When he said: "I never laugh at a ***** doing bad, cuz ***** I been thru that sht".......

It hit home. And was real. Shorty just resonates, has a good melody, talks that talk, has something for the cruddy *****, the bishes, and the Fly *****.

No lie, this is exactly how it happened for me too. My homies been tryna put me on for a while but I couldn't get passed the lil Ns voice, and chalked him up to being another gimmicky type of dude. Bag On Me changed my whole perspective on him, I'm a fan now.

Don't think it's fair to call Boogie a "hook guy" son talks that **** and makes songs that both real dudes and the thots **** with. He's not as lyrical as his NYC counterparts but he's a better song maker. His catalog (artist, hbtl, tba) albeit limited is a solid A so far.

son basically plays da Fetty wap lane, Don Q lucky to be around cuz he compliments A Boogie' melodic flow with credible NY bars.

he's still basically Paul Cain 2.0 though.

A Boogie got his own lane. Ain't nobody making

Timeless
Macaroni
Bag on me
Regular Person
DTB
Floyd Mayweather
Jungle

summed his appeal up perfectly

he just makes good relatable music and doesn't take a million words to say it in an outdated way

Shorty just resonates, has a good melody, talks that talk, has something for the cruddy *****, the bishes, and the Fly *****.

fr he got all the bases covered how can u not fw him 
ohwell.gif

New York you're compared to the past and you can't do what everyone else is doing.

son basically plays da Fetty wap lane, Don Q lucky to be around cuz he compliments A Boogie' melodic flow with credible NY bars.

he's still basically Paul Cain 2.0 though.

I don't hear it in Don Q

A boogie i'm still on the fence about he got some stuff that is fire & other that is extremely average, but he has a great ear for melody so he's gonna go regardless. Don Q is raw as **** but if he actually gets someone to PRODUCE him & not just give him beats he's gonna be a problem. East I think so far as the most solid catalog and he's still getting better every project.

Either way i like that the younger cats in the city are all clickin up & the OG's are supporting them heavy.

son basically plays da Fetty wap lane

Pretty much. I've heard some nice hooks from him but he's another poor mans copy of what's hot right now. Dave, Don Q that's the **** I wanna hear.

Last edited:
A boogie i'm still on the fence about he got some stuff that is fire & other that is extremely average, but he has a great ear for melody so he's gonna go regardless. Don Q is raw as **** but if he actually gets someone to PRODUCE him & not just give him beats he's gonna be a problem. East I think so far as the most solid catalog and he's still getting better every project.

Either way i like that the younger cats in the city are all clickin up & the OG's are supporting them heavy.

listen to this family with Fab and Paul Cain Budden, etc.

then listen to for da family wit fab, Dave East & Don Q...Q approaches da track identical to Paul Cain.

Last edited:

most important part, I feeling da video cameos and cross over features.

btw, I'm fully on da A-boogie wave now..I heard him earrrrrrrly on when he was super local and da my **** song was inescapable.. :lol: (I even made a thread about it bout regional hits)

finally scanned his mixtape/album..son got knockers that always play when I'm out and about in da lounges/clubs.

Last edited:
Son this Don't Run Remix is so damn ******* hard :lol:

The video makes it even better man hardest NYC posse cut in a minute

Back
Top Bottom