RIP Nipsey Hussle

It’s a sickening thought, man. Like it really makes you sick to your stomach.

One minute you could be out here doing right, putting the right energy out there into the universe, putting on for your people and your loved ones... and then it can all be over in the blink of an eye over some bull****.

So Russ dedicated that game to him... Great gesture but in the vid he implied that it's a shout-out to rolling 60s... can we please break away from this gang culture :smh: when i heard someone say the reason why i was hoping it was a reach.

So Russ dedicated that game to him... Great gesture but in the vid he implied that it's a shout-out to rolling 60s... can we please break away from this gang culture :smh: when i heard someone say the reason why i was hoping it was a reach.
Yea but nipsey never really dropped it either tho
He would've appreciated it
Also funny they had Jason Terry of all people asking the questions after the game

Why can’t we celebrate gang culture?

White folks celebrate the mafia, old west outlaws, 1% biker culture, the corrupt military complex, the corrupt prison complex.

Why can’t black & brown people celebrate gang culture when cats like Nip were turning it into something positive?

Listen, I’m sick of the gun violence myself I wish ****** would just knuckle up but at the same time that kind’ve of family is the only kind’ve family for so many disenfranchised people.

We can’t all be pacifists. I just wish more gangs would mobilize for the greater good. Make a difference in your community.

It’s good to see a lot of these gangs dead old rivalries. Seeing blood & crip solidarity. Seeing blacks, Hispanics & Asians together.

That’s what we need more of.

White folks celebrate the mafia, old west outlaws, 1% biker culture, the corrupt military complex, the corrupt prison complex.

White people celebrate these things? I have never known a white person to celebrate biker culture, military complex or prison complexes you speak of. Also FYI all races are participants in that biker culture you speak of.

I would also say Hollywood and America as a whole celebrate the mafia and old west outlaws not just white people. Pretty sure I have seen plenty of rappers who love to glorify the organized crime lifestyle. Not to mention complaining about the whites celebrating these criminal lifestyles in an attempt to justify celebrating gang culture is just idiotic.

White people celebrate these things? I have never known a white person to celebrate biker culture, military complex or prison complexes you speak of. Also FYI all races are participants in that biker culture you speak of.

I would also say Hollywood and America as a whole celebrate the mafia and old west outlaws not just white people. Pretty sure I have seen plenty of rappers who love to glorify the organized crime lifestyle. Not to mention complaining about the whites celebrating these criminal lifestyles in an attempt to justify celebrating gang culture is just idiotic.

Lol, word? White folks don’t celebrate our military & prison complex?

:lol:

That’s the funniest thing I’ve heard all day.

Who owns Hollywood bro?

So is this what we’re doing? Alternative facts twilight zone?

Aight b. I got an early AM but I’m def going to take you up on all of the fallacies you just presented in your rebuttal.

Categorically.

Every thread when someone that's a high profile urban rapper it's always the same nonsense.

Some people just talking to talk.

Some other's with the theories.

Others claiming they are close to the person or the area and have an inside scoop with such and such.

Dudes who claim they are from the streets and they know what the real is.

Never fails, and in the end most of it is just rumors and hearsay.

In the end we just have to wait and see what really is what... that's all we can do.
I peeped that. Dudes were posting like it was a popularity contest :smh:

Interesting. Are you saying that because (so called) white people "can" do it...it means we (so called) black should (or "can") do it too?

shouldnt the idea of "black" culture be defined by it's own terms without being juxtaposed against what "white" people are doing/have done?

History hasn't exactly shown "them" to be a model for humanity.

Two days later and i still can’t believe this, Nipsey cut down in the prime of his life just because someone got a hurt ego because he got called a name.

I hope its open season on the yard when that B.A.N Eric Holder. This murder was utterly senseless, selfish and unjustified.

Calling someone a snitch in the streets is not just hurting his ego. That has real life consequences and put a target on his back. Nipsey should have known better, especially saying that to someone who was a known shooter for the hood and was apparently in and out of mental health facilities. Nobody here knows the true story of how that interaction went down or if there was a history between the two. It’s an unfortunate situation but nipsey should have removed himself from that type of environment/situation.

You can take your race war baiting to another thread. Really has nothing at all to do with the topic.

Why can’t black & brown people celebrate gang culture when cats like Nip were turning it into something positive?

The same culture you want to celebrate was the one that ultimately got not just Nipsey, but way too many others either killed or incarcerated.

Can’t wait to hear you break down all of the things worth celebrating that gang culture has done for the black & brown people of this country.

C79BECB9-AEC7-4B77-A2E2-03DCE0A5053E.jpeg

You serious?

I personally know a 1% dude who bangs hells outcast hard as hell. Wears a hells outcast tee to work on the regular.

I’m not even mad at him but Let a black dude wear a crip shirt to work and see how long it lasts...

That’s our (black folk) problem man! You are one of the few to speak on it (which is sad) but it needs to be said! We stay trying to make everything cool that’s doesnt need to be.

Smdh dude died from gang violence and here we are a few days later glorifying gang culture with that triple double nonsense.

Most of Nip’s lyrics was talking about gang violence/nonsense. This last album he kinda cooled down with all the crip talk but it was still burner this and RSC that!

You don’t erase your karma and past low vibing transgressions from buying up real estate and school programs. It’s good, but karma doesn’t forget/forgive.

Listen, I’m sick of the gun violence myself I wish *****s would just knuckle up but at the same time that kind’ve of family is the only kind’ve family for so many disenfranchised people.

We can’t all be pacifists. I just wish more gangs would mobilize for the greater good. Make a difference in your community.

It’s good to see a lot of these gangs dead old rivalries. Seeing blood & crip solidarity. Seeing blacks, Hispanics & Asians together.

That’s what we need more of.
I dig this post. I wish gangs could translate into positive groups. They're already organized and have resources. Protect the hood. Protect each other. Educate. The killing ain't the wave. Everybody has to grow up sometime. Start businesses. Use the dude in the gang to work in them.

They really should study the mob and organized crime. It was brilliant. The front businesses. Using them to wash the money and the W2s. Plus they watched over the communities. There has to be a better way.

Last edited:
smfh. the whole vibe in the hiphop world been trash since this happened honestly. i REALLY felt this one like so many of yall said. dude was trying to lead our people into a brighter future. a real genuine dude, cut down by a coward and traitor. you just hate to see it.
One lesson we need to learn is you can’t have one foot in and one foot out. We gotta stop promoting this gang s**t while trying to speak positively. This is an epidemic that continues to plague our community. We can’t send that energy out into the world and think it will come back clean. We mourn a visionary, leader, free thinker, and brother. We all miss Nip, let’s learn from his life. His purpose on earth was a message directly from the most high! We need to love our brothers and sisters.

You serious?

I personally know a 1% dude who bangs hells outcast hard as hell. Wears a hells outcast tee to work on the regular.

I’m not even mad at him but Let a black dude wear a crip shirt to work and see how long it lasts...
True.
The double standard jumps at you, especially if you work in or around the trades.

You don’t erase your karma and past low vibing transgressions from buying up real estate and school programs. It’s good, but karma doesn’t forget/forgive.

"Robbing the rich to help the poor"

If you are a British dude living in the forest, swinging from tree to tree with your gang and robbing the local lord, this is commendable and everybody wishes you a long life.

If you are a pirate haunting the Caribbean seas and stealing from the Queen ships, you turn into century-old popular fairy tales for kids.

But if you are a hood dude trying to turn more kids from your neighborhood into productive citizens who won't have to take the path you took to get rich, people turn sanctimonious.

Back
Top Bottom