RIP Nipsey Hussle

I mean anyone who calls someone weak or to put themselves together after a tragic loss of a close loved one is an idiot. So why does their opinion even matter

You want me to be honest???

No, I have yet to directly see a woman being called weak. However, I have heard indirect chatter ali gs the line that would suggest she is weak. Example, she better pull herself together, she has other kids. She need to be strong, she has other kids etc.

I have also seen and heard countless times family member tell the oldest boy and girl, you need to be strong, you have to support the young ones. Stop crying and be strong for your siblings. You're the man of the house now son, stop crying and be strong for your family, etc.

I'm willing to bet that you have heard it as well, so it might not be calling someone weak directly, whats being insinuated is .... ???? now answer my question.

Not sure what was the importance of your question as I'm sure you clearly understand my point.
Your entire points are cluttered with implications and assumptions, on your part. I've absolutely seen people say "be strong for your family" however, that was told to someone who was not crying and had their composure.... So your arguments are weak. But anyway, RIP Nip.

Your entire points are cluttered with implications and assumptions, on your part. I've absolutely seen people say "be strong for your family" however, that was told to someone who was not crying and had their composure.... So your arguments are weak. But anyway, RIP Nip.
Again, what's be strong for your family even means?

That's the point, but let you tell it.

You clearly understand what's being said, just dont like the answer.

The reason she was strong was because of the selflessness she showed, during a time of duress. That not only takes courage, but tremendous strength in the time of adversity. She spoke to enlighten, uplift the BLACK community, which is something that is sorely needed in this time of Donald Trump. Unless you are incredibly numb, or simply dumb, not being able to acknowledge what she did and how she did it, really speaks to the pervasive ignorance that is espoused on sites like this about women and their roles in society. She spoke to African spirituality, in a PUBLIC forum no less. Nip's MOM brought the Black community back to their ancestral roots, and that is HUGE.

Say goodbye to Jesus if you really heard her, because Jesus could not do, what that BLACK MOTHER did for a few hours, while her son laid in a casket.

DUA
If Nipsey's mother wasnt able to give and uplifting speech, would that have made her weak?

Is easy to call someone numb, dumb, naive, etc. All I'm simply saying, stop labeling things.

Next time someone's child is killed, his/her mother either can't articulate herself or the pain is to much to bear, media, you and the countless others will compare. You all will say she isn't strong or at least not as strong as Nips mom. She couldn't uplift.

But I guess no one would do such a thing, huh.

To bring you back to the conversation since you always want to be condescending towards others opinion:

"Just because a person mourns differently, IE cries, can't hold their composure are visibly torn, etc, does not make then weak.

We must change the mentality and stigma ... time after time I read people praising Nipsey's mom and called her a true strong woman, I'm not saying she's not, but all I saw was another mom abled to gather her thoughts, keep her composure and expressed herself well, IMO this does not make her any stronger than the countless moms that are visually shaken up after their children have become victims of senseless violence.

I just say that to say, why must we label peoples actions? Weak strong - right wrong - etc etc? "

No one ever challenge her strength...

Last edited:
So if she wasnt able to give that speech or speak to uplift, would that have made it weak?

Is easy to call someone numb, dumb, naive, etc. All that I'm simply saying, stop labeling things. Next thing someone else son is killed, mother cant articulate her self and the media, you and the countless others, she wasn't as strong as Nips mom, she couldn't uplift.

But I guess no one would do such a thing. SMH
Not weak. Today I hit the gym and benched 315, hitting 10 reps. The next workout I hit 315, can only bust out 5 or 6. I am not weak, I simply haven't recovered. We all have a source of strength to tap into when needed. Some people are able to do so, yet others are incapable of doing so due to their own circumstances or ability. The fact that Nip's Mom did it at that time, means that she has recovered, and is recovering well enough to move others, encouraging Black people to do this better, and together. There is nothing wrong with giving her props for being able to lift that much weight.

A07AC5D9-4732-4EF6-A93D-9917117C152E.jpeg

Not weak. Today I hit the gym and benched 315, hitting 10 reps. The next workout I hit 315, can only bust out 5 or 6. I am not weak, I simply haven't recovered. We all have a source of strength to tap into when needed. Some people are able to do so, yet others are incapable of doing so due to their own circumstances or ability. The fact that Nip's Mom did it at that time, means that she has recovered, and is recovering well enough to move others, encouraging Black people to do this better, and together. There is nothing wrong with giving her props for being able to lift that much weight.
Again, totally understandable ...

But that's not what was being said, Johnny Cakes just thought about challenging the original statement using a subsequent post.

He diverted the intent and msg that I still stand by ...

"Just because a person mourns differently, IE cries, can't hold their composure are visibly torn, etc, does not make then weak.

We must change the mentality and stigma ... time after time I read people praising Nipsey's mom and called her a true strong woman, I'm not saying she's not, but all I saw was another mom abled to gather her thoughts, keep her composure and expressed herself well, IMO this does not make her any stronger than the countless moms that are visually shaken up after their children have become victims of senseless violence.

I just say that to say, why must we label peoples actions? Weak strong - right wrong - etc etc? "

Again, totally understandable ...

But that's not what was being said, Johnny Cakes just thought about challenging the original statement using a subsequent post.

He diverted the intent and msg that I still stand by ...

You are being literal in regard to the words being used. Try metaphor. In this society, people are judged emotionally, which is unfortunate. However, not everyone can stand firm in their beliefs either. Perhaps some are crying because of guilt? Maybe some are not crying because they do not care? Could be both, but we are actually discussing character here. On stage, that Black Mother moved away from the stereotype, which is exactly what the moment called for. She was not predictable, therefore she should be respected. Some people may not have vocabulary for a more apt description for what she exudes, but being courageous and exhibiting high character is something that many do not give props to, and Nip's Mom deserves it on this day.

Some people be focusing on the wrong ****. That was a powerful funeral. Through and through. I’m not about to sit here and nitpick it for whatever standards ***** think a homegoing is supposed to be like. It was beautiful. It was love. Everybody who spoke, spoke their truth the way they could, the way they should...and ultimately, the way nip would’ve wanted.

That’s it.

Back
Top Bottom