Road Rage vol. What do you guys do?

As funny as some people say it I actually do have a revolver in the glove box of my truck. It's legit serial number and all and I'm licensed to have it. I have no intentions of using it unless I truly have to but if the situation arises I will.

I had some dude almost side swipe me in the right lane after I got out of the fast lane to let him pass.  Then he gets back in the fast lane slows down to yell out his window calling me MFer and flip me off. I laugh , yell at him "you got it" and follow him to his exit. He ends up stuck behind a ton of cars  on both sides me being right beside him. I roll down my window and say "this is what you wanted you fat Peter Griffin looking MFer." He ends up pulling into a PetSmart parking lot and I park right next to him. I get out of my car and go to his driver's side while he stays in the car. He says he is calling the cops while I am standing outside his door berating him. After two minutes of this he finally sees the light and apologizes saying he was in the wrong. Told him exactly and walked off.

Could I have handled it differently? Absolutely. Do I care? Nope. Felt like maybe he will think differently about endangering other motorists lives next time. 

I cant eem relate.

You on some Rhys Millen **** if you tailgating me.

Now Im not one to start road rage on the road because thats a d!ck move. But if some dude starts some **** like that you are def getting brake checked and if you want to square up lets pull over and lets go. Im not taking that **** from no one. Op you are a better man than I. Most of these drivers who start **** like that are punks. **** like that bugs me so much.

I had to quit my job as a truck driver because I began developing road rage. Some people could be so dumb and disrespectful if you're on the road in a truck.

Ride strapped. Sometimes you have to flash it in the rearview for them to get the point. I dont advise you to pull up next to them and point it at them. Supposedly, theres a charge behind it 
nerd.gif

So today I was driving south on PCH a few miles north of Zuma doing about 65 (in a 55) in the left lane. There isn't much traffic in front of me, but a few cars beside me in the right lane. Suddenly, this big black Ford diesel pickup truck roars up behind me and starts tailgating me so close all I can see are his grille and headlights. This continues for at least a mile but it isn't safe for me to lane change to the right.

At this point I coast down to about 55, which is the speed limit, and come up to a red light. Dude swerves into the lane next to me, cutting off another car and starts screaming and cussing me out telling me he's gonna beat my ***, my Audi is a piece of you know what, etc. as he pulls up alongside.

I say something to the effect of, "You don't own the road," and roll my windows up. Off the light he swerves back into my lane so I lane change to the right and he follows me.

Same almost-touching my bumper as before but this time I have a Prius in front of me so I can't get away.

Next light (there's over a mile between lights on this part of PCH). he lunges at me (Gas brake gas brake while I'm stopped) but thankfully he swerves into the other lane and roars away in a cloud of black smoke at the green light.

Seriously shook me up, one of the only times in recent memory where I've genuinely feared for my life. What do you guys do in these types of situations? Share your stories as well.

Cliffs:
- Pickup truck driver tailgating me within a couple feet when I'm already above speed limit
- Words exchanged
- He follows me and lunges at me
- Eventually gets bored and roars off
- How do you guys respond to stuff like this?

That's funny because I was driving on the PCH a couple days ago in my F150 (with the lift kit of course) and I get stuck behind this kid driving a poverty Audi. Keep in mind I'm late to my brother's high school graduation and this dude has the audacity to slow down to the speed limit and prevent me from passing. Honestly, I thought he was running some kind of insurance scam where he was trying to bait me into running into him and then collecting the insurance $$. Luckily I am too good at driving to fall for this. eventually I got by this maniac. Dude even had the gall to say "You don't own the road." I mean No **** guy, it's CADOT ROW, but that doesn't give you the right to run your insurance scams. Good driver appreciation!!!

I had some dude almost side swipe me in the right lane after I got out of the fast lane to let him pass.  Then he gets back in the fast lane slows down to yell out his window calling me MFer and flip me off. I laugh , yell at him "you got it" and follow him to his exit. He ends up stuck behind a ton of cars  on both sides me being right beside him. I roll down my window and say "this is what you wanted you fat Peter Griffin looking MFer." He ends up pulling into a PetSmart parking lot and I park right next to him. I get out of my car and go to his driver's side while he stays in the car. He says he is calling the cops while I am standing outside his door berating him. After two minutes of this he finally sees the light and apologizes saying he was in the wrong. Told him exactly and walked off.

Could I have handled it differently? Absolutely. Do I care? Nope. Felt like maybe he will think differently about endangering other motorists lives next time. 

I understand the anger, but I don't go looking for trouble cause you never know Peter Griffin could have been strapped up shawty. Plus if he calls the cops and took your License Plate then what?

Now if somebody wanna get buck and keeps pushing it then by all means

i used to like the bus ride on PCH from Santa Monica to Malibu, pretty decent scenery compared to the bus rides you get in NY.

for you people driving, really do yourself a favor and not try to pass up trucks as they change lanes, or go under them when they're gradually switching lanes getting off the highway. there's no rearview mirror and it's easy for someone to creep up into your blindspot if you take your eye off the mirror for a second.

At this point I coast down to about 55,

:rolleyes

If I were in your shoes and the guy just kept riding my bumper, I'd speed up enough to find a break in the right lane. You basically did the exact opposite of what you should've done. By no means am I saying let other (unlawful) drivers dictate how you drive, but you have to use your judgement in extreme cases, esp considering how shaken you are by it

wrong. it's wrong to break the speed limit to avoid a tailgater. Dude in the truck was wrong period.

Should have had the hammer on you though

@Law3001
I thought your story was going somewhere totally different because the Town is no place to mess around, I am surprised dude didn't notice where he was on the freeway tho...
Dude coulda got his hood stomped out for that lol

Last edited:
The far left lane is for people speeding or passing.. shouldn't be used for regular driving.. that's the unwritten rule of the highway. It might be written somewhere but don't drive in it if you driving speed limit or just over speed

This is why u bros need a bike...cant get tailgated if u can go faster then anything on the road
smokin.gif

That's funny because I was driving on the PCH a couple days ago in my F150 (with the lift kit of course) and I get stuck behind this kid driving a poverty Audi. Keep in mind I'm late to my brother's high school graduation and this dude has the audacity to slow down to the speed limit and prevent me from passing. Honestly, I thought he was running some kind of insurance scam where he was trying to bait me into running into him and then collecting the insurance $$. Luckily I am too good at driving to fall for this. eventually I got by this maniac. Dude even had the gall to say "You don't own the road." I mean No **** guy, it's CADOT ROW, but that doesn't give you the right to run your insurance scams. Good driver appreciation!!!
So it's my job And duty to help you drive like a maniac? Didn't think so buddy. "Too good a driver?" Good drivers don't follow within a couple feet. If you hit someone because they let their foot off the gas and don't even touch the brake you're a complete idiot. Have fun getting 8 mpg on your way to the over compensation convention. Have a nice day, clown.

So it's my job And duty to help you drive like a maniac? Didn't think so buddy. "Too good a driver?" Good drivers don't follow within a couple feet. If you hit someone because they let their foot off the gas and don't even touch the brake you're a complete idiot. Have fun getting 8 mpg on your way to the over compensation convention. Have a nice day, clown.

Lol

Just remebered two stories forst one is i was driving doing nothing wrong and this sebring is drifting into my lane so i honk and then the two white dudes in there started going crazy and flicking me off and screaming and then dude is tryna hit my truck and coming within inches but i dont move i keep on going straight got me heated so i just said eff you and turned. I swear i felt like throwimg a damn orange om his face .

Another one is i was driving and this guy on a road bicycle and at the redlight he comes and stops right in front of me, and im in a rush to get some pizza so this guy is in front of me but when the light turns green i floor it and pass him and then as i pull into costco and start walking to the entrance. Guess who i see? The damn biker. And he spots me and comes up to me and is like the wind from ur car when u pass me is dangerous and im like ohhh okay and just go get my pizza.

I will tell you what you DON'T do: Engage the psychos

Which is exactly what you did. Those types of people are looking for mess. Their lives are fueled by negative energy. Whenever I feel like I have ticked someone off on the road and they're about to pass me popping some mess, I start lip-syncing a song and look like I am having a good time (think Mariah Carey "Fantasy") or I'll take a swig from my Voss water bottle. Real smooth-like. I will not acknowledge the ragers. Just look like something else is distracting you from them. They will cut bait and fish for someone else.

Last edited:

Aware

@Law3001
I thought your story was going somewhere totally different because the Town is no place to mess around, I am surprised dude didn't notice where he was on the freeway tho...
Dude coulda got his hood stomped out for that lol
Strong Clyde Carson reference

Hahahaha

Not one of those overly confrontational dudes behind the wheel..

But best believe if some dude flips the bird or tries to curse me out they could pull over and see me with the paws at that very moment.

Back
Top Bottom