Robert Kraft: Tom Brady is better than Joe Montana

no no no.  LT was on 1s take the other day sayin todays d's are stronger, bigger and faster. in his day those 6'2 240 whatevers were lookin to lace em up not pad em up.

so brady's still doing what hes doin with all these monsters at him. steppin up in the pocket with zero fear....soft league?  hes taken a LOT of big hits.  and He's runnin on ONE KNEE.

everything from his story to his posture (his body mechanics are heavenly perfection)....his eye game lookin off DB's.  Brady the GOAT.  ALL DAY.  EVERYDAY.

And so today's QBs arent bigger better and faster than they were 20 yrs ago? Too many of you youngins have never even seen Joe play in his prime, relying on youtube videos and ****. And the point about Joe having Jerry....Joe was putting up numbers and winning SBs even BEFORE Jerry came into the league. Brady does remind me of Joe, but he ain't Joe. Doesn't help with spygate, tuck rule and a great kicker on your side.

Last edited:
If you don't see the issue in comparing stats between the two you don't get football. What's next, comparing stats with a 70s QB and be confused on why they don't look good?

Brady is awesome, top 5 when done, but I've never watched a QB and felt more confidence that he would get it done than with Joe. Absolute best I've seen in person

100% truth in this post.

What's the deal with Pats fans on here lately (minus DA)? Can't tell if it's a bad gimmick or (even worse) serious. Side note Joe and Terry only 2 that are 4-0 in the biggest game (and played well in all)

That's enough to end this discussion.

Montana was the comeback king. I respect Brady and all but, I think most of you guys never ever seen Montana dismantling defenses. YouTube is your friend. Brady can pass up Montana, stat-wise, in the next few years, but, he honestly doesn't have that confident demeanor that Montana carried in crunch-time. Number 16 had complete poise in the 4th quarter like no other.

...and too many people go by stats nowadays when the fact of the matter is a DB can't even graze a WR today, you have people left and right breaking Dan Marino's record all of a sudden so take the stats with a grain of salt.

...and too many people go by stats nowadays when the fact of the matter is a DB can't even graze a WR today, you have people left and right breaking Dan Marino's record all of a sudden so take the stats with a grain of salt.
left an right?

2 super bowl winning quartbacks did it in the past 20+ years

agreed on stats not being as important though

give me a qb that doesnt turn the ball over alot , reads the defense and makes plays when his team needs it the most and im good

brees,brady,eli>>>>>>>>

stafford,rivers,vick and peyton ....all good qb's in their own rights but when its playoff time imma take brees brady or eli over anyone

i think big ben is underrated too , i just dont think he;s ELITE ....but alot teams would be lucky to have him

Last edited:
It's not just Stats, Brady brings out the best in players like Jordan did.  Wes was an undrafted walk on and Rob was 2nd round. Jerry was all ready a top talent. 

Brady also won MVP awards the years the Pats lost the the Super Bowl.  Brady went overlooked by every team and fought hard to get where he is, if he didn't have confidence he wouldn't been able to do what he's done.  

going 16-0 and losing by one play in the superbowl and and missing 15 games the following year and getting an absurd amount of surgery's

just to get back on the field..................then going on to be the only unanimous MVP........ and people still stay "WELL HE'S 0-2 in the superbowl

since spyagte" ,........to lose on the biggest stage ever and come and have to deal with everything that comes with that ....just the mental aspect is crazy , let alone having to miss an entire year and have about a dozen surgery's and be in football shape the next year,.... forget the fact that that he broke marino's record (along with brees) and even made it to 2 superbowls , one of with featured one of the worst defenses to ever step foot in a superbowl.......naw forget that , forget that he's 2 plays away from winning 2 superbowls.....i get it , as a pats fan theres PLENTYof things he could have done better in those games and both of those giants defense's where STELLAR , and eli does makes plays when he has to (sometimes get a pass interference here and there 
laugh.gif
 ). but they deserve to win those games and my hats off to them  , but the fact that some people ppl cant even muster up the courage to say "*** the pats but i respect brady" ....that's crazy to me , not even as a nfl fan .....just as a football fan in general.

If you don't see the issue in comparing stats between the two you don't get football. What's next, comparing stats with a 70s QB and be confused on why they don't look good?
Brady is awesome, top 5 when done, but I've never watched a QB and felt more confidence that he would get it done than with Joe. Absolute best I've seen in person
ive already stated i feel that 

montana > brady

montana>> all

but im about to say something ,and not coming back to this thread .....because the slander on my name will be real....
laugh.gif

JOE MONTANA played with the GREATEST FOOTBALL PLAYER (NOT JUST RECEIVER) OF ALL TIME 

AND

A ARGUMENT CAN BE MADE THAT HE WASNT THE BEST PLAYER ON 2 OF THOSE SUPERBOWLS

DEUCES

It's not just Stats, Brady brings out the best in players like Jordan did.  Wes was an undrafted walk on and Rob was 2nd round. Jerry was all ready a top talent. 

Brady also won MVP awards the years the Pats lost the the Super Bowl.  Brady went overlooked by every team and fought hard to get where he is, if he didn't have confidence he wouldn't been able to do what he's done.  

So he brought out the best in the pats vs those two giants superbowls????????

2nd place = 1st loser brah

hes not better than joe but you can make an argument for better than elway, marino and young

Over 40,000 yards and 290TD's in an era where you could hit the receiver ALL THE WAY DOWN THE FIELD. Dudes were straight up mugged and btw they never called roughing the qb. You had to be a tough SOB to play back in the day.

Inventor of the 2 min drill, there was no one better than this guy with 2 mins or less left.

2 time NFL Champion (1958: Greatest Game Ever Played and 1959) and 1 Super Bowl win (Super Bowl 5). Could have had one more Super Bowl if Shula brought him in earlier during SB3.

3 time NFL MVP

10 Pro Bowls

And a record that I think could be compared to Joe Dimaggio's 56 game hitting streak, is his record of throwing a td in 47 straight games. (Hope Brees doesnt get it though, he's inching up at 43 lol)

Oh and all the great ones looked up to him. Look at Montana when he went to KC. He wore what number? 19.

It also seems that anyone that watched him play always has that opinion as well. I take that stuff into account as well

Montana is the G.O.A.T

Brady is second best of all time QBs right under him and i have a feeling he will surpass him :smokin

What team does Kraft Cheese own? No surprise with his opinion. Don't get me wrong, Brady is definitely one of the greatest to ever play. He's the best player of this era but definitely not better than Joe Cool. Tom is the cheap imitation of Joe, he idolized him and duplicated him. Similar to how Kobe basically engineered his game to Mike's. MJ is obviously greater but Kobe is still one of the best. Brady is the Kobe Bryant to Joe's Jordan. With that said, give me Mr. Montana.

Nice convo about this on sportscenter about people overlooking Brad Shaw, but the arguement is clearly still between Montana and Brady

Back
Top Bottom