Ronnie Fieg Collabs - Tracking order link http://shop.kithnyc.com/pages/tracking

Ronnie pulling an all nighter monitoring that IG to make sure there aren't any negative responses?  
nerd.gif

Yea he shoulda just kept the midsoles white instead of trying to mess around with that fade. I get what hes tryna do, but sometimes simple is just better

Is nubuck hard to dye? Just wondering because I'm tempted to try and do something like the ronnie toe on a pair of the r698 perf pack.

Is nubuck hard to dye? Just wondering because I'm tempted to try and do something like the ronnie toe on a pair of the r698 perf pack.
Na Ive had good luck with it. That dark red might be tougher than a light color tho. What are you thinkinng?

Na Ive had good luck with it. That dark red might be tougher than a light color tho. What are you thinkinng?
I really like the idea of a red/burgandy toe on a white r698 so i was thinking something similar to whats below. I think I like the idea of any color toe on an all white r698. Maybe like a tassie devil purple or a completely different color. I know the perf pack is nubuck and didn't know if that is more difficult to dye than suede.  

Why is the toe box square on the front tho?
i'm pretty sure Puma allowed RF to change his collab r698 model around a bit. looks like the toe box seems like it's reinforced like what ronnie did with the CoA disc blazes. nearly identical toe shape. 

I'd buy these
Looks better because it doesn't appear to have like a random rattle can paint job on the toe and midsole. Definitely a ton better than those first leaked pics. The laces that were in them previously looked horrible as well; like a clown shoe. Even the updated pic looks like a $120 shoe at most, but I'm prepared to see a higher price tag.

I really like the idea of a red/burgandy toe on a white r698 so i was thinking something similar to whats below. I think I like the idea of any color toe on an all white r698. Maybe like a tassie devil purple or a completely different color. I know the perf pack is nubuck and didn't know if that is more difficult to dye than suede.  
ohh i think i may have miss understood. I though your were trying to change those ^ away from the red toe but I get you now. Yes, the all white pair in the perf pack would be easy to dye! I know last week someone on the asics or Ronnie thread was talking about how they painted nubuck. You just need a little bit of thinner and duller and add it to your paint. Both would be good options on the perf pack. 

ohh i think i may have miss understood. I though your were trying to change those ^ away from the red toe but I get you now. Yes, the all white pair in the perf pack would be easy to dye! I know last week someone on the asics or Ronnie thread was talking about how they painted nubuck. You just need a little bit of thinner and duller and add it to your paint. Both would be good options on the perf pack. 
Good to know. I'm going to hold out a bit to see if I can get the perf r698s on sale but I think it would be a good shoe to start customizing with since it wouldn't be super in-depth.

nubuck does not have a nap to it so you arent really gaining anything by dyeing it. You would also need a leather dye not suede. Painting is generally easier and quicker so I usually paint nubuck. Unless it is some made in usa NB nubuck which has a tiny bit of nap, its really nice nubuck. If you got some really nice nubuck (my favorite material) my advice is to leave it alone. 

Last edited:

nubuck does not have a nap to it so you arent really gaining anything by dyeing it. You would also need a leather dye not suede. Painting is generally easier and quicker so I usually paint nubuck. Unless it is some made in usa NB nubuck which has a tiny bit of nap, its really nice nubuck. If you got some really nice nubuck (my favorite material) my advice is to leave it alone. 
I doubt the nubuck on the perf pack pumas is really nice so I guess I would have to paint it. Wouldn't the paint chip off easily though? Especially if it was on the toe in an area that creases?

I doubt the nubuck on the perf pack pumas is really nice so I guess I would have to paint it. Wouldn't the paint chip off easily though? Especially if it was on the toe in an area that creases?
I used suede dye (some may say leather dye is better but that hasnt been proven to me yet) on the toe of a pair of snowmans which is a cheap nubuck i think and it work awesome. Ive worn them a handfull of times and of course being dye there was no creasing. 

View media item 1452382The mids look good here imo. I do actually like both pairs but I don't know if I would buy them. Price tag is probably going to be the deciding factor.

Last edited:
Hey guys I have Jason markks but just wanted to ask the best way to clean my pacifics? Had a long night and got way too up smh

The mids look good here imo. I do actually like both pairs but I don't know if I would buy them. Price tag is probably going to be the deciding factor.
same here but i feel like these are gonna be $190+ which is a no no for me

Back
Top Bottom