Ronnie Fieg Collabs - Tracking order link http://shop.kithnyc.com/pages/tracking

It's too bad about the 1 per household rule. Otherwise the Canadians could just get their pairs sent to me and I could clear them and sent them out lol. But seriously, you guys should look into clearing your own packages.
not sure what clearing your own packages mean... but usually i get all my packages sent to a PO Box just across the border and i go pick it up. Most of the time i dont get taxed because its under 200. With Kith they dont accept different billing and shipping adressess

not sure what clearing your own packages mean... but usually i get all my packages sent to a PO Box just across the border and i go pick it up. Most of the time i dont get taxed because its under 200. With Kith they dont accept different billing and shipping adressess
Clearing your own packages means you put in the leg work of paying the taxes and duties to the border people...  not sure which country you're from but if it's Canada then it would be CBSA.  Then you take the papers to the shipper and show them that it's paid for and they release the package to you.  Depending on the shipping company, some charge more for brokerage which is basically the fee to process the customs charges for you.  UPS for example charges I think $45 where I'm from so you could save $45 by clearing it yourself.

^ nicely done! It obviously doesn't make sense financially depending on how much it is, if you're going to take time off work or spend the money you saved on gas.

yes they are. 
Lol, it's like an abusive relationship.

I ship my kith orders across the border. Billing address means nothing to them when you use PayPal.

The main problem is that Kith documents the full price of the product on their International Shipping Customs Documents.

If they didn't, and claimed the value of the goods shipped at -- for example -- only $49.99USD, folks overseas would RARELY [if ever] be hit with additional fees.

That said, if Kith were to document a lesser value of -- for example -- only $49.99USD, and the package was LOST ... or a SCAM ARTIST customer were to LIE and claim the package was never actually received, then Kith would obviously be at a TOTAL LOSS by having to refund the paid transaction, as they'd only be insured & compensated by the carrier for that documented value of $49.99USD.

Hopefully this example makes sense for those concerned/interested.

Last edited:
The way they did mark the package this time was okay for me. They didn't have to worry about insurance trouble because they put the real value on the package. But because of them not mentioning the shipping costs, the total value was still below €150, so I only had to pay taxes but no import duty. That probably saved me about €30. All in all, I had to pay roughly €170 for the Sages incl. shipping and an additional €37 for customs/brokerage. Not regarding that I don't pay resell prices in general, there's no way I'd be able to get them from a European reseller for anything near that.

So re: @thefasterblade's question, I might buy shoes from KITH again, but only if I'm really into them. The two things that bothered me about this release were the policy regarding shipping international orders last and the fact that they/Bergen disabled changing the delivery options with UPS, which makes absolutely no sense to me.

Lol, it's like an abusive relationship.
I ship my kith orders across the border. Billing address means nothing to them when you use PayPal.
Interesting ill probably be doing that then because i usually dont get taxed when i pick it up across border. Thanks for the heads up!

Clearing your own packages means you put in the leg work of paying the taxes and duties to the border people...  not sure which country you're from but if it's Canada then it would be CBSA.  Then you take the papers to the shipper and show them that it's paid for and they release the package to you.  Depending on the shipping company, some charge more for brokerage which is basically the fee to process the customs charges for you.  UPS for example charges I think $45 where I'm from so you could save $45 by clearing it yourself.
Thanks for the tip zero! but by the looks of it i can just pick it up myself now as the above post has said.

If they didn't, and claimed the value of the goods shipped at -- for example -- only $49.99USD, folks overseas would RARELY [if ever] be hit with additional fees.
But custom staff is not stupid … they definitely do research on the shipped item and every time before i ordered from KITH with their 33$ values they got suspicious and asked me to proof the real value (including the whole PayPal transaction receipt).

I think it was brilliant of KITH to declare the real value of the shoes, though claiming that shipping was included or for free. As Powerprof  said: everything under 150 Euros is "safe" and if KITH sticks to this method in the future i´d definitely cop again, especially for sneakers that are quite unlikely to get an European Release – in case of the RG for example … the SAGE EU release is confirmed though.

Usps international priority.

I order stuff from Nike or other online sites that don't ship to Canada, and I always mark the value of the items. He's never mentioned anything about duties.
that's good. i shipped to the phillipines not too long ago a pair of lunar 90s which are relatively light weight using usps int priority, came out to be around $45 if i remember correctly. anyway back on topic, kith charges way more shipping vs. other boutiques. and many often offer free shipping too.

It's too bad about the 1 per household rule. Otherwise the Canadians could just get their pairs sent to me and I could clear them and sent them out lol. But seriously, you guys should look into clearing your own packages.

Clearing your own only saves you the brokerage charge. I think UPS charges the most for us so the most you'd save is like $45. If it's shipped via USPS, we get charged I think like $15-20 which isn't too bad so I wouldn't mind just paying that to save the hassle and time of clearing it myself.

I bought a pair off a reseller and I didn't get hit with customs so it ended up being about the same as getting it for retail from Kith + customs.

just received my rose gold today, still have no idea which lace is nicer...

still looking for a pair of sage in size 10 tho

Last edited:
Looks like he didn't put a number on them so if you missed out last time you should be good this time for whichever one you want as long as you're on your game as well of course. LOL @ anyone trying to complain about a price point obviously they've never seen the reg price on a pair of FP's. I'm hoping he drops some stuff later regarding apparel, need some good fall gear. I mean he had those two tone bleeckers paired with those veg tanned FP's, but if it is next week that's chill too. Time to save some money. GL to any of y'all copping tomorrow.

Looks like he didn't put a number on them so if you missed out last time you should be good this time for whichever one you want as long as you're on your game as well of course. LOL @ anyone trying to complain about a price point obviously they've never seen the reg price on a pair of FP's. I'm hoping he drops some stuff later regarding apparel, need some good fall gear. I mean he had those two tone bleeckers paired with those veg tanned FP's, but if it is next week that's chill too. Time to save some money. GL to any of y'all copping tomorrow.
dont you think those two-tone sweats paired with the tan FPs were john elliots? cause i checked it out and it seems very similar... 

Based on the FP prices for other models the price tag for these seems more than reasonable.  I mean, New Balance is charging more for 996 and 997 models that I would not consider to be as well made or presented like these are.

More than likely people or clothing stores don't like to incorporate other "competing" stores' (i use that loosely since JE is obvs a well known name and produces great clothing) apparel. I mean they look the same but nah those are deff bleeckers at least thats just my observation. 

Back
Top Bottom