ROOTS Getting a Remake

i just know you posted some dumb **** without actually thinking about it....

Showing the history and struggle of what we went through is not an attack on blacks.... 
You would probably prefer the movie industry be more like japan, and act like they never did anything wrong and everything has been honkey dorey since the 1800's

I just said I'm not complaining.

You know I don't shy away from a discussion.

Last question...

How many struggle movies do you need to see pertaining to slavery?

Whew just in time another slave movie YES!

I know right? We needed a break from all the uplifting positive black movies out there

Oh wait

But forreal they need more of those types of movies man. Show something right with a happy ending or some ****

Last edited:

i just know you posted some dumb **** without actually thinking about it....

Showing the history and struggle of what we went through is not an attack on blacks.... 
You would probably prefer the movie industry be more like japan, and act like they never did anything wrong and everything has been honkey dorey since the 1800's
I just said I'm not complaining.

You know I don't shy away from a discussion.

Last question...

How many struggle movies do you need to see pertaining to slavery?
Ask a jewish person how many movies they need to see pertaining to the holocaust....

That would be awkward right?

Why pose the same question to a black person?

Last edited:

Ask a jewish person how many movies they need to see pertaining to the holocaust....

laugh.gif

This ain't got nothing to do with the Holocaust. I'm talking about films dealing with slavery, and the frequency in which they're released or aired. 

You keep trying to sell me Holocaust along with the Jewish struggle. 

You can save that ****. 

Nat Turner, Toussaint Louverture, hell we haven't even seen a biopic on Du Bois or Booker T. Washington, but we keep getting slave movie after slave movie...
mean.gif

Last edited:

laugh.gif

This ain't got nothing to do with the Holocaust. I'm talking films dealing with slavery, and the frequency in which they're released or aired. 

You keep trying to sell me Holocaust along with the Jewish struggle. 

You can save that ****. 
See.... jewish people can have as many movies about their struggle and its ok...

Anytime black people's struggle is shown all these "i come from egyptian kings" black folks... and "why dont they get over it already" white folks wanna start complaining..

See.... jewish people can have as many movies about their struggle and its ok...

Anytime black people's struggle is shown all these "i come from egyptian kings" black folks... and "why dont they get over it already" white folks wanna start complaining..
What? 

I see you're not conscious. 

I'm saying.... 

Black folks are afraid/ashamed of their struggles.... while other nationalities flaunt and fight for theirs to be acknoweledged (armenians, koreans, chinese, jews, serbs etc.)

What is this aversion to our struggle?

You know more white people are going to watch this movie than blacks... that means you will have a generation of whites that havn't seen roots, but will be exposed to the truth of americas brutality against blacks... I think that **** is healthy for them...

Would you also be against a movie about the tulsa race riots?

I'm for seeing something different, and I would definitely check out a movie on the Tulsa race riots. 

There's no aversion to the struggle on my end. 

I'm for seeing something different, and I would definitely check out a movie on the Tulsa race riots. 
You would watch a movie about black being killed and subjugated by the racist white establishment of America....?

I mean c'mon.... we've had enough of these movies already right?....

Aren't we tired of all these types of movies?

The jews havn't even had that many movies about the holocaust since inglorious bastards....

eyes.gif

Last edited:
An historical film that hasn't been done before...sure why not?

Did you see my post about figures who are deserving of a biopic...

I'd go see a Frederick Douglass film too

It's not that I'm tired of movies depicting the struggle, but more so tired of films dealing solely with slavery. There's so much out there that hasn't been touched on in a filmic way.

Last edited:
What's wrong with the original series? Cmon Hollywood. We don't have to remake EVERYTHING.

Man i'm tired of black slave movies and black people getting whipped and beat up and hanged

they get all the way the **** outta here with this

Well we're all mostly slaves now a days so...

Back
Top Bottom