ROSHE ONE (NOT for RUNNING) - FAQs (pg1) (NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!!)

I'm never gonna find the laser crimsons in a women's 11 for retail. 
frown.gif

Implementing either of those two on the Roshe would defeat the purpose of the shoe.
I can see where you are coming from, considering that the the whole principle of minimalism that is central in Zen was the main focal point in the design of the Roshe.

However, it has become more than that.  The Roshe has effectively become an iconic silhouette over the past year.  I think it'd be a win win for us Roshe fans to get optimal comfort in conjunction with a simple style in the Roshe.

I can see where you are coming from, considering that the the whole principle of minimalism that is central in Zen was the main focal point in the design of the Roshe.

However, it has become more than that.  The Roshe has effectively become an iconic silhouette over the past year.  I think it'd be a win win for us Roshe fans to get optimal comfort in conjunction with a simple style in the Roshe.
Considering how much a Flyknit Roshe would cost, I'd rather just buy an actual pair of Flyknits. The idea is dope, but again it takes away from the simplicity and will bump the price significantly.

Considering how much a Flyknit Roshe would cost, I'd rather just buy an actual pair of Flyknits. The idea is dope, but again it takes away from the simplicity and will bump the price significantly.
In my opinion, I think the Roshe silhouette is better than the majority of Flyknit silhouettes out right now.  Heck, maybe even just use the regular mesh and just give a Lunarlon midsole.  After all, some product descriptions mistakenly described Roshes as having Lunarlon when in fact the shoes do not have such tech.  

Nike won't lose much if they test the waters by releasing a Flyknit or Lunar (or both in one) pair of Roshes.  If I recall correctly, there's already a pair of Roshes using Flywire.  Why not experiment with more tech?  Also, the way Roshes are designed, they can pull off integrating new tech without taking away too much from the look of the shoe.  It'd be a shame to waste such a stylish silhouette by limiting it to only barebones technology.  

In my opinion, I think the Roshe silhouette is better than the majority of Flyknit silhouettes out right now.  Heck, maybe even just use the regular mesh and just give a Lunarlon midsole.  After all, some product descriptions mistakenly described Roshes as having Lunarlon when in fact the shoes do not have such tech.  

Nike won't lose much if they test the waters by releasing a Flyknit or Lunar (or both in one) pair of Roshes.  If I recall correctly, there's already a pair of Roshes using Flywire.  Why not experiment with more tech?  Also, the way Roshes are designed, they can pull off integrating new tech without taking away too much from the look of the shoe.  It'd be a shame to waste such a stylish silhouette by limiting it to only barebones technology.  
The Roshes that implemented Flywire feel like any other pair of Roshes, you can't notice the Flywire because it has no purpose if you only walk in them.

Sorry for repeating myself over and over, but adding more tech would just take away from what the shoe is. The price of a Lunar Flyknit Roshe would be way too high, for me at least.
I don't agree with the idea, but it's not entirely impossible. Knowing Nike, once they run out of colorways for the current Roshe models, they will stick an Air Max sole on the Roshes, and all this other tech stuff you want. If that were to ever happen, consider the Roshe Run line dead.

The Roshes that implemented Flywire feel like any other pair of Roshes, you can't notice the Flywire because it has no purpose if you only walk in them.

Sorry for repeating myself over and over, but adding more tech would just take away from what the shoe is. The price of a Lunar Flyknit Roshe would be way too high, for me at least.
I don't agree with the idea, but it's not entirely impossible. Knowing Nike, once they run out of colorways for the current Roshe models, they will stick an Air Max sole on the Roshes, and all this other tech stuff you want. If that were to ever happen, consider the Roshe Run line dead.
Same thing they're doing to the FK chukkas now.

Hm, I don't know abou going so far as to deem the Roshe Run being dead.  The way they are designed, it wouldn't be too much of a hassle to integrate a Lunarlon cushioning set up without affecting the design too much.  Take the NMs for example, they could very well have been dubbed as using Nike Free tooling, or have been fully equipped with them seeing as the original stepping stone pattern of the Roshes make this pretty easy.  Same thing with a possible Lunarlon insole.    I don't think the Roshes necessarily have to take in the typical ridged midsole that Lunarlon shoes tend to have.  Take the Kobe 8 and Kobe 9 for example.  The EVA sole system could probably be made to concave inward a little to accommodate a thick Lunarlon insole. 

While simplicity is what put the Roshe run on the map, I think continuing innovation is what will make them a staple in modern footwear culture.  

Last edited:

Hm, I don't know abou going so far as to deem the Roshe Run being dead.  The way they are designed, it wouldn't be too much of a hassle to integrate a Lunarlon cushioning set up without affecting the design too much.  Take the NMs for example, they could very well have been dubbed as using Nike Free tooling, or have been fully equipped with them seeing as the original stepping stone pattern of the Roshes make this pretty easy.  Same thing with a possible Lunarlon insole.    I don't think the Roshes necessarily have to take in the typical ridged midsole that Lunarlon shoes tend to have.  Take the Kobe 8 and Kobe 9 for example.  The EVA sole system could probably be made to concave inward a little to accommodate a thick Lunarlon insole. 

While simplicity is what put the Roshe run on the map, I think continuing innovation is what will make them a staple in modern footwear culture.  
I'm not trying to say that it can't be done. Anything is possible for Nike, if they wanted to make a Flyknit Roshe, it'd be easy. If they wanted to put Lunarlon on a Roshe, it'd be easy. What I'm saying is it all depends on how big the market is. At $70 originally, the Roshe has an enormous market. I would expect a Flyknit Roshe to retail for the same price as a Flyknit Racer or Trainer. The Lunarlon Roshe seems a lot more possible, and again the price point would be set higher, maybe in the $110-115 range. It's a limited market is all I'm saying.

I'm not trying to say that it can't be done. Anything is possible for Nike, if they wanted to make a Flyknit Roshe, it'd be easy. If they wanted to put Lunarlon on a Roshe, it'd be easy. What I'm saying is it all depends on how big the market is. At $70 originally, the Roshe has an enormous market. I would expect a Flyknit Roshe to retail for the same price as a Flyknit Racer or Trainer. The Lunarlon Roshe seems a lot more possible, and again the price point would be set higher, maybe in the $110-115 range. It's a limited market is all I'm saying.
Hm, point taken.  You're right, the Roshes have already been associated as a shoe that ought to have a low pricepoint.  Having it with newer tech for a higher price will almost certainly put off a lot of people.  Unless of course Nike's marketing team works its magic and makes the shoes desirable for all those put off by the higher price, which I'm sure shouldn't be hard for them either haha.  If they can get Flyknit Chukka Frees (a technology that probably costs less to produce than Lunarlon) to sell at a higher price , I'm confident it shouldn't be too hard for them to market a shoe with better tech.

Or they can just make it as an option on NikeID for people like me who are willing to pay extra for that added tech on Roshes.

So im new to roshes...how do the gpx fit compared to the og mesh and gb nm's? Does the ripstop material stretch and expand as much, or more or less? I got an 11.5 in mesh and the fleece tech and copped an 11 for the gpx's, should I be ok? TIA

So im new to roshes...how do the gpx fit compared to the og mesh and gb nm's? Does the ripstop material stretch and expand as much, or more or less? I got an 11.5 in mesh and the fleece tech and copped an 11 for the gpx's, should I be ok? TIA
I've found the GPXs to fit slightly smaller than mesh, but not as small as GB/Brazil NMs. The ripstop material isn't as stretchy as mesh. With that being said, I sized up .5 for my Geometric GPXs and Brazil NMs.

Last edited:
TTS for OG mesh, .5 up for everything else.

Back
Top Bottom