RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Yo NT fam, I apologize for not checking in to this thread sooner... been running consistently these past for months, culminating in my first marathon here this past weekend. Shoutout all my NRC users, I just started using it in January and I’m just over 400mi.

4982A750-F5F0-44EA-98B4-AD53980944D3.jpeg

(Was 30° out to start the race and the hat flaps were a life saver!)
Full fit action pic - been running in Zoom Fly SP for interval and sprint training, with Peg Turbos for long runs.
DD0C2819-894D-45A2-93F9-4B60F4FC22F5.jpeg

I just turned 30.
I wanted to run a marathon next year.
I got up to 8 miles, then my ankles started hurting lol

just keep training and maybe do not do too much miles

also check your shoes, make sure you're wearing the correct type, go to a running store if you can and have them check your gait, pronation, etc...

better be safe than sorry but dont let anything hinder you for that marathon goal

nikes offering some weird running clothing
run-ready-mens-vest-zjtD7m.jpg

run-ready-mens-vest-zjtD7m.jpg

run-ready-mens-jacket-FCv64V.jpg

run-ready-mens-jacket-FCv64V.jpg

there's also this running shorts/tights... its pretty much tights with shorts flap... though i got to admit... sort of want :lol:
tech-pack-mens-3-4-running-pants-mDrxmX.jpg

That stuff is for the dilettante who runs twice a month and runs a 4+ hour marathon, lol. The professionals don't even wear that gear.

its just weird to offer it as a non-casual option, seems counter productive, at least market it as casual gear, they started doing that with jordan shoes with the new line with 720 and react soles

but im not knocking 4hr+ marathon runners, as long you're out there doing it, it can take you 6hr and its all good

lots of good word from the reebok floatride energy... got me real curious, anyone tried?

the shoe is $100 and every since i started looking into it the past month, reeboks website has had multiple 30% off codes since that brings it down to $70, current code is FRIEND: https://www.reebok.com/us/forever-floatride-energy/DV3882.html

shoe doesn't look bad, somewhat generic in blk/wht colorway but blue isn't too bad
Forever-Floatride-Energy.jpg

3869420F-28A8-48BC-A08A-599C672683EC.jpeg

Tailwind 79s today. Comfortable for casual wear, but wanted to feel the difference from current trainers on an actual run. I started my run giving myself the option to switch out after a mile but I didn’t need to. They could do the job. But when I finally switched to Turbos, it was such a different ride and made me appreciate the improvements in fit and cushioning.

went with the blk/wht... its pretty much my color of choice when it comes to shoes in general so i dont have to switch it up if i am running errands after my runs

but the blue and volts looks good and if these perform as well as most are saying, i might double/triple up for that price and get the other cw's

nikes offering some weird running clothing
there's also this running shorts/tights... its pretty much tights with shorts flap... though i got to admit... sort of want :lol:

Has anyone in here copped these? Seem comfy/cozy AF. Need to do a little more searching now that I’ve ID’d them but they look fire

Cross posted from the Vaporfly thread:

Speaking of the NRC app, what are y’alls handles?

I’ve always been an off/on runner where I’ll go on a running binge then stop cold turkey. Seeing others adds a bit of motivation into the mix.

Getting back into it because gym times are a little bit harder to come by with a newborn. A lot easier for me to put her down, go out the door, run for an hour outside, and be home.

Plus it’s getting therapeutic. But we’ll see how long it lasts.

Cross posted from the Vaporfly thread:

Speaking of the NRC app, what are y’alls handles?

I’ve always been an off/on runner where I’ll go on a running binge then stop cold turkey. Seeing others adds a bit of motivation into the mix.

Getting back into it because gym times are a little bit harder to come by with a newborn. A lot easier for me to put her down, go out the door, run for an hour outside, and be home.

Plus it’s getting therapeutic. But we’ll see how long it lasts.
Meangene4
Been running a lot more doing three races.

reebok with another 40% off with the code SCHOOL

tempted to double up with the blk/gld cw on the FRenergy, thats how much i am liking my pair so far

Forever_Floatride_Energy_Shoes_Black_EF7545_01_standard.jpg

also like this cw and switch the laces to blue
Forever_Floatride_Energy_Blue_DV5271_01_standard.jpg

floatrides been my go to lately plus i just love black and gold combo
fr nrg.jpg

that logo looks a bit out of place though, wish it was gold or that theyre just gone or maybe use the logo from the nano 9s
561626_3_1000x.jpg

And with that, my biggest run to date, I’ve crossed the 15,000-mile mark on Nikeplus.
EB8D4035-6263-4C22-BA3A-2E1583AB1EFB.jpeg

932185B5-C8D0-4B5A-8FC6-1D7DBB845E1E.jpeg

Wow!!! Congrats dude!!! My hat goes off to you for an amazing extra long run.... That is quite some distance to single handedly run...

Where does the time and motivation come from? What kind of hours of sleep and food does one eat to fuel for a run like this?

Back
Top Bottom