RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

I think when it says walk it's just to find the sensor. I used to use the sportband too and when it says walk I would just walk until it says it's ready (the sensors been found) then I tap it to "run" and it starts recording. There is only one mode in the sportband iirc, it should still record the walk though.

so should I walk when it says run?

I had to exchange sensors, last one was WAYYY off, even when I calibrated it, showed my walking faster than my running.

Yeah, you can walk even when it says run. Before every run I usually walk about a quarter of a mile to warm up and it recorded it. Actually, on rest days instead of just sitting at home I'd walk where I usually run and it still recorded the whole thing on run mode.

^unfortunately, no new runners can join the challenge until Nike revamps the challenges which will most likely result in a new challenge all together. Don't be discouraged and check back in the fall for a new challenge.
Jonas

downloaded the new nike + running app to my ipod but have a few questions:
- before i tried this app, I tried using the nike + ipod with the sensor and it never picked up.  the gym has wifi so I thought that was the problem so I went outside and walked around and it never picked up, so I inturn gave up.  So is the nike + ipod app dead now?

- the nike + running seemed to work fine, and if I am going to use that route, do I even need the sensor or worry about purchasing the GPS watch anymore???

-i signed up for the niketalk challenge, but I did not see anywhere upload it at all to the niketalk challenge.  is that now null and void because of the system upgrade??? 

The new updated Nike+ app is for the iphone and uses GPS so I don't think it'll work on a regular ipod touch.

I don't think the foot pod with the ipod is dead, a lot of people would be pissed if that stopped working.

I never really tried any of those methods though.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

The new updated Nike+ app is for the iphone and uses GPS so I don't think it'll work on a regular ipod touch.

I don't think the foot pod with the ipod is dead, a lot of people would be pissed if that stopped working.

That is what I thought and when I downloaded it. something about GPS popped up on the screen but I clicked ignore and kept downloading.  I called the helpdesk and the gentleman said that it will work with the ipod touch.  I forgot the name of the terminology he used, but he said that it would work.  The route I ran was a mile and it was dead on, so I guess it does work....

Downloaded this app on android last week and its ABSOLUTE DOPENESS.

GPS tracked my distance and time very accurately...

This means I just don't have to take the same trails... I can go anywhere I damb please and it tells me how many miles I've ran, my pace, and what time...

This app is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Did 2.5 miles in 19 min this morning...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by lynchpin33

Originally Posted by RFX45

That is what I thought and when I downloaded it. something about GPS popped up on the screen but I clicked ignore and kept downloading.  I called the helpdesk and the gentleman said that it will work with the ipod touch.  I forgot the name of the terminology he used, but he said that it would work.  The route I ran was a mile and it was dead on, so I guess it does work....

That is interesting because w/o wifi or 3G, I am just not sure how the ipod could connect to the GPS. Unless you meant you ran inside the gym and was just connected to wifi the whole time?

bump
+
although my runs are being tracked on my personal dashboard, they don't show up in the group challenge, at least 14 miles from the last 2 weeks don't show.

any one else notice this?

Do you save them all up and then upload them in bunches? I notice that when I do that not all my runs are recorded so I always try to upload them on a daily basis.

Do you save them all up and then upload them in bunches? I notice that when I do that not all my runs are recorded so I always try to upload them on a daily basis.
I'm not sure you understood me 100%,
they show on my individual stats, just not the group stats, maybe the group challenges are having an issue
but in any case, I upload them individually.

No I undrestand that too but I've also had instances that when I upload a weeks worth of runs that all are in my dashboard but then I miss about a day or two worth of runs once it updates the challenge total.

I actually just checked now and it seems like my run for the past two days hasn't been added to my challenge total and they are clearly on my dashboard. So it looks like Nike is having all sorts of bugs still.

Also, anybody know exactly what a Nike+ forearm sleeve is?

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-581614&cp=USNS_TWIT_092509

Is it pretty much just to carry your iphone or am I missing something?

The Nike+ Forearm Sleeve: Comfortable and tech-friendly

Made with sweat-wicking stretch fabric and a transparent mobile-device pocket, the Nike+ Forearm Sleeve offers snug comfort and convenience during training. One sleeve per package.

Benefits
Dri-FIT fabric to wick away sweat and help keep you dry and comfortable
Water-resistant interior pocket with transparent window and cord-management solution to store mobile device and keep cord out of the way
Stretch cuff and armhole for a snug fit
Flat-seam construction to reduce chafing
Reflective element at cuff for training in low-light conditions

Last edited:
Does anyone how the app tracks distance?? I've gone on the same path with my friend at the same time, and my distance has been ahead of theirs sometimes as much as .15. We've calbrated and everything, and it's gone down a bit to around .05, but I'm not sure what's causing the difference.

Last edited:
^I think so too.

It also appears the challenge isn't add any mileage to users. I have ran twice (10 miles) and my total hasn't moved once. I was hoping the nike plus update might change something but it appears that Nike push the update back.

Keep running :smile:

Jonas

Does anyone how the app tracks distance?? I've gone on the same path with my friend at the same time, and my distance has been ahead of theirs sometimes as much as .15. We've calbrated and everything, and it's gone down a bit to around .05, but I'm not sure what's causing the difference.
maybe you have erratic strides?

maybe you have erratic strides?

I think I know what the problem is. The GPS was weak, so it was going off of the accelerometer. I've been running with the phone in my pocket, so I think it since it was bouncing more in my pocket, it was thinking I was going faster/further than I really was.

Randomly the challenge switched over to KM and I didn't even realize it. At least it's tracking my mileage again.

Any thoughts on the parameters for the next team challenge? Draft maybe?

Back
Top Bottom