RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Sup ya'll! It's been a while.

Lately, I've been core-training, but, today, I finally ended my two week hiatus of not running. July was easily my worst month this year. I only logged 40mi :frown:. I had set a monthly quota of 100mi, but I fell off big time last month.

Today's run felt bittersweet to be honest. Being back on my favorite trail was nice, but I felt really sluggish, and I was passed up by multiple people.

Not only that, the GPS signal was inaccurate as
#%*$! I ALWAYS lose the signal. In turn, my distance freezes and my pace dwindles whenever I run under gigantic trees. I love running under shade, but I have to make a tradeoff with my stats whenever I do so. :frown:

End Rant.

-edit-
I guess I'm the admin, but I didn't boot anyone off the challenge. It has to be more Nike+ bugs.

Last edited:
Been watching the Olympics and they keep showing that phone commercial where dude was running while listening to audiobooks so I did the same and man it is awesome. Makes the run go by fast, takes a bit of concentration because if my mind wonders off I miss bits and pieces of the book but trying to stay focus really takes away from the fatigue of running in my mind. I highly recommend people try it if they could.

Sup, anybody have the GPS watch by Nike? I have the Running app on my iphone but I'm deployed and my phone doesn't have access to the internet when I go jogging. Looking into buying one and was wondering if it shows the Nike Fuel. Already have the Fuelband. Just wondering if it's worth it. Or can the phone track GPS without internet? Haven't tried

I have the GPS watch it does track or add NikeFuel points to your run and only on your runs but it doesn't work like the FuelBand that tracks your every movement.

Been watching the Olympics and they keep showing that phone commercial where dude was running while listening to audiobooks so I did the same and man it is awesome. Makes the run go by fast, takes a bit of concentration because if my mind wonders off I miss bits and pieces of the book but trying to stay focus really takes away from the fatigue of running in my mind. I highly recommend people try it if they could.

Yeah, I saw that commercial and thought I might try it.

Out of curiosity what are your "reading"?

Yeah, I saw that commercial and thought I might try it.
Out of curiosity what are your "reading"?

I want to "read" the classics so right now I'm on Robinson Crusoe. I'll get to Jules Verne or Arthur Conan Doyle to "re-read" the old Sherlock Holmes books.

The people at the top of the leaderboard.. Do they run track for like school or something?? :wow:

Edit - :nerd: yall jacked my :slap avy :lol: :nerd:

Last edited:
Any idea when we will be starting the next challenge? I know someone said in the fall, just curious if that is what we are still aiming for. I've gotten into running over the last month and want to get in on the next one.

Honestly, we don't have any control over when the next challenge will start because Nike isn't currently allowing users to create challenges. They are revamping the challenge system and their timetable is "fall". Please keep in mind that December 20 is still technically fall and Nike has been notorious for not making digital deadlines.

Just keep running and logging your miles and we will start a new one as soon as we can.

Jonas

Just did a half marathon this past Sunday. Taking a week off and then back to light running until October when I start training in for my first Full Marathon in January.

While the race for 1st is still up for grabs the more interesting battle is for 6-7-8th place. I've been going back and forth with TimCity and FlowsSoMuch for weeks now. Keep running guys!

Jonas

While the race for 1st is still up for grabs the more interesting battle is for 6-7-8th place. I've been going back and forth with TimCity and FlowsSoMuch for weeks now. Keep running guys!
Jonas

yeah, i think a top 5 finish is out of reach for me, so it's definitely a battle for 6th place!

BUMP!

Just surpassed the 1,000mi marker with my LunarEclipses! They're passed their prime but far from being retired. 8)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom