RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

No matter if you log 200mi or 5mi per month, everyone is welcome to join!

I think the only thing you need is the latest update from Nike+. Android users have the challenge update on their apps as well, right?

I've been using the app for 2 months, but only have my brother and a coworker that never uses it. I'm up for a challenge. I usually run about 15 miles a week/3 runs..

This thread is dedicated for runners of ALL LEVELS. Be sure to hashtag your runs with #NTrunning on social media! :nthat:

Last edited:
Made it count and contributed 234mi (from Oct 12 - Dec 7) to (RED)'s #OneStep4RED campaign! :D

How about you guys?

Last edited:
I've only just started to run (read: jog), and only do about 6-8 miles a week...but I really wanted to be able to keep track of my pace, and map routes (without the added worry of running with my iphone) so I bought the Garmin forerunner 220. 

Awaiting Amazon delivery...anybody have any experience with this or other GPS running watches?

Last edited:
Nice! We all start somewhere.

I've been using my phone to log my runs for the past four years now. I have yet to log a run with a GPS watch though...

I am worried about running with my phone in the rain to log runs. Anything you use specifically. Being in Oregon this is something that we deal with 8 months of the year.

Used to have a Garmin watch but it broke and never replaced it.

I still have a 4S, so I use a Philips hand wrap for all my runs. It's been a habit for me to look at my pace during my runs, so I prefer my phone in hand rather than strapped to my arm... I haven't had any probs with the functionality of my phone when I run during rain. *knocks on wood

Last edited:
Question for your runners. Do you balance running and workout at the same time or are you guys just strictly runners? And is running just strictly a hobby or do you guys do it to stay in shape? I workout and hardly run but wonder if I should start but don't want it to consume my regular workout. I am skinny as is and don't need to get skinnier but I want my energy back as I seriously always feel like I am going to faint when I run a mile.

Personally, I have to do it since I'm in the military.

Hate the knee pain but the occasional runners high is nice.

As far as the watch versus phone discussion. I'd prefer to have a watch then carry my phone. I have an ancient Garmin 305. I'd like to update to a thinner, lighter model. When they can get one like a Casio, it'll be awesome.

Question for your runners. Do you balance running and workout at the same time or are you guys just strictly runners? And is running just strictly a hobby or do you guys do it to stay in shape? I workout and hardly run but wonder if I should start but don't want it to consume my regular workout. I am skinny as is and don't need to get skinnier but I want my energy back as I seriously always feel like I am going to faint when I run a mile.

Personally, I'm just a casual runner. I do it for my health and try to best my times/pace...

If distance is an issue, maybe HIIT on a track could be an alternative?

[edit]
Has anyone used the Energy Boost 2.0s? I'm itching to grab a pair from FTL.

Last edited:
Ive used map my run and run keeper. I think map my run is better. I havent used any of the nike apps for runnig. I really wanna get a Garmin watch tho.

I've used Run Keeper, but I'm currently using Nike+. I'll admit I do like Run Keeper a bit more because it has a visual of your overall pace not just your pace on the current mile.

However, with +3,300mi on Nike, the many contacts and custom individual challenges, it's really difficult to log my mileage on a different app. :/

Last edited:
anyway to merge this with that other running thread that was recently made? or other way around,s ince this one is older

Back
Top Bottom