Sad but Easy to Relate to Topic (No Jordans as a kid) #FeelsBatman

I don't know about you, but I had very few Jordan's as a kid. Not because I was poor, but because I knew they were expensive and my mom would probably say NO.
I had the OG Maroon VIs as a kid and remember them fondly....but the shoes I fell in love with were the: 

OG XIs...the Concords and Black/True Red had me drooling 2 inches from the screen. Never asked my mom for them though. Kids had them on the playground...dogging them to smithereens and i would be 
eek.gif

sick.gif

frown.gif

OG XIIs...the Taxi's...man...in the barbershop...my barber had them on...the Gold metal eyelets...thirst insued...never owned a pair. Settled for the Reggie Whites and Jason Kidds...almost had the Playoffs but my mom got a size 6 and i was a 7...i tried so hard to squeeze my foot in. (turned down the Atlantic Penny IIs in anger)

OG XIIIs....the first shoe I asked for...no damns were given...i wanted the black/red's 
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
 went to 6 stores...and my brother worked at footlocker...sold out...cried for days (settled for Griffey Swingman)

the list goes on and on 2000, 2001,2002, 2003 (got the Chromes and the Black Suede XVIIIs though) retros and sigs....jordanless.

It wasn't until I got a job that I was able to start buying what I want...my collection has grown from 8 or 9 in 2009 to 70 pairs in 2012...

But I never forget that feeling of "I....WANT....THOSE"

Everyone has stories like this...what's yours?

nerd.gif

when the xii's came out originally i wanted them so bad and i went to footlocker a couple weeks after they released and asked if they had them, the guy just laughed at me and told me they sold out in the first hour. my dreams were crushed

Originally Posted by LBCOL

when the xii's came out originally i wanted them so bad and i went to footlocker a couple weeks after they released and asked if they had them, the guy just laughed at me and told me they sold out in the first hour. my dreams were crushed
frown.gif

Yeah I'm on the same boat kinda. I always kept the few pairs of kicks I had in good condition growing up because I didn't want to ask for shoes that cost $100+. Always said that once I have it to spend I'll build up my collection. Towards the end of HS, through college, and now with a career for a few years I've built my collection up pretty nicely. I still have my list of stuff that I'm checking off one by one, though. Didn't really stress it that I didn't have it when I wanted them because it's just material stuff. I can get rid of my entire collection today and be fine, they're just shoes. It's more rewarding now that I can financially support the hobby with my own money without having to burden anyone.

those black and red XIIIs were on fire back then in 98'....

my pops broke out a pair out the room i was
eek.gif
 %!# is that where is mine? 
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

my first pair of jordans were the retro steel Xs in the 11th grade and they weren't even purchased for me originally, the were my brother's.

the first pair i was able to purchase for my self was after i graduated high school.

Only Jordans I got as a kid were the Jordan Team Ones. Weren't even retros. I remember when I got the Penny 2s, my friend got the red/white Jordan XIIs and that was the first pair of Jordans I remember from my childhood. I think because I didn't get the shoes back then is why I want shoes so much now.

My first pair of J's was in 6th grade when one of my buddy sold me his Black XVII Lows for $5. My first DS pair of J's that I bought was the Mars IV in 06 when I was a Freshman in HS.

First pair of js was the playoff xiiis.. I remember being a sz 1 nd squeezing into a sz 13 .. This was back in first grade

my parents were never down with me wearing expensive shoes. they still think im crazy for being a shoe fiend. luckily i had a cool ++# older sister that hooked me up when i was ages 6-11. still got my OG playoff 12s she got me. mint condition. small as hell though lol

my mom slowly came around in like 99-00. she bought me like every iverson that came out.

Originally Posted by StrongMind3

my first pair of jordans were the retro steel Xs in the 11th grade and they weren't even purchased for me originally, the were my brother's.

the first pair i was able to purchase for my self was after i graduated high school.
pretty much me right here

The first time I could really relate to this was in 2007 when I was in 8th grade and wanted the royal foams.

My parents divorced and my mom hit me with the

ibbFO3LW3L6EgE.gif

when I told her they were $200 
laugh.gif
. My dad probably would have done the same though.

i've always wanted a pair of concord XI's and finally got a pair this year. After waiting 17 years finally got a pair. but my first pair was in junior year of high school XIV.

Back
Top Bottom