Saigon Quits Rap

I QUIT........

You see I got into rap a very very long time ago, I didnt do it to become rich, I didnt do it to become famous, I did it because it was a way for me to vent about the bad things that were happening around me, It was therapy for me so to speak.....Ive realized now that sooo many people have gotten into Hip Hop, whether the business aspect or otherwise, its not really for me anymore...First of all, people need to know that I am a contraversal person period, before I ever was in a magazine, on T.V. in a studio, I was very very deep in the street $%$%...Contraversy has always followed me, Its unfortunate but it is what it is...Its my life...I dont try to start $%$% to cause contraversy, its the Media, the press and yall who eat off contraversy who start the $%$%, try to make me look wild or out of control when Im just being myself....I cant take turning on a computer and seeing my name being thrown around in all kinds of ways, Its not good for me, and not good for these writers, I am accident prone for life, I will take a page out of the Wu Tang book and beat the $%$% outta one of yall man, youre playing with fire.. Should I post my Rap Sheet on the internet for yall dummies..Im not a regular dude. I never signed up for this so Im stepping away from this fake $%$%.....

I did a interview on Shade45, the interview was 2 hours long mind you, we talked about EVERYTHING from what we need to do as a people to get on track to economizing and everything but you know whats on all the so called media outlets in boldface as the headline, 'Saigon Disses Whoever'...You know what part of a 2 hr interview they replay? Me saying something about a person...If I woulda said, Ill slap John Hardy Hawkins for his role in the Slave trade, they would never put it in boldface or re run it 1000 times, but If I say Ill slap a rapper or something, Its the headline news of the day....Thats@*%$ backwards to me so Im done...No more interviews, no more mixtapes, no nothing....Im not a rapper anymore, Im done.. Im back to being regular me...This $%$% is too fake for me, I found myself getting caught up in the$%+$%!#$% but now Ill gladly walk away...These people are so predictable that to prove to my$@*#!#$ who would say my buzz was dying or whatever, I would say 'oh yeah', watch this, then for fun, I would just do an interview and make a comment about someone because I knew they would run back like little%@@*+#%@ who instigate something to get the people talking. Then walah, youre buzz is back, (nevermind the 10 great new songs you just put out)..But its not fun anymore...I look at the Prodigy incident, that started not because of anything but these media outlets...He told me to suck his **** in an INTERVIEW..Then it becomes physical, we both coulda got shot, stabbed or even killed...Had I been with my crew somebody wouldve died in there all over something that started in an INTERVIEW. Then the same people who instigated it would be talking about how senseless we are..I dont give a #$+@ if nobody ever does a story on me again..I dont rap anymore, I dont need it anymore... I no longer have to keep pretending to be a certain way to care about a radio spin, or an interview, so I can address these people when I see them like I BEEEEN wanting to, and thats unbiased. NO MOREASS KISSING FOR ME. (Thank God)All of that trying to be politically correct$%+$%!#$% is just that, bull****..There is no honor amongst theives...

Now I can say what the #$+@ I want, when I want, however I the #$+@ I want without people feeling like they have the right to ridicule me, judge me and talk slick about me because I have that word "rapper" attached to me, or because Im a "rapper" who supposed to know how to talk to these fake@*%$ media people who really dont give 2+*#%%% about hip hop or black culture period. How many of these outlets are owned by black people anyway? I know alot of people dont give a #$+@ about me stepping away, some people might but so what, its a wrap...Some people will say I was wack anyway lol, or I never had punchlines or funny metaphores anyway, but that wasnt my thing anyway....I left enough great music behind for people to understand I was good at rapping, thats all I ever wanted out of it, But now Im back on my$%+$%!#$%...I have no KIDS, I have nothing to lose. My purpose for even starting this was trying to get black people out of the stages of deaf, dumb and blindness and with the way of the world today thats a fight I probably couldve never won anyway...I wouldve given my life trying to save my people and died in vein like alot of people did...And to that rapper thats throwing my name around, U must be retarted or like hospital food or something, we have BEEF homie, not rap beef, beef beef..I have nothing more to say about that....

#$+@ this bum@*%$ rap game anyway, its full of fake@*%$ nnnnn who pump poison to the kids, make a few dollars and act like theyre larger then life when they know their music is detrimental to their +%*%%%$ communities, If it aint about sex, its about drugs or violence, where are the songs about getting an eduacation, or being responsible parents and $%$%, or stopping the Gang Violence...This $%$% is sickening......Im done.....SAIGON IS DEAD...Should I say Ill slap a rapper so they run and put it in all their news section and gossip columns..Okay Ill slap the $%$% outta EVERY Rapper hows that....I QUIT, now I gotta figure out how Im gonna break this to Just Blaze......THE GREATEST STORY NEVER TOLD=Prophecy......

I dunno what the deal with this dude is - he's a good rapper about to drop what should be a hot album...He needs to just ignore the internet

i like his music but dude is annoying why does he care so much about what people say about him? hes just one of those dudes who just cant see the big pictureand wants to throw hands to settle everything.

You know why I like Saigon. He seems like a "real" dude. He goes out and wants to make a positive impact but he has to contend with his own demons.Then he has to go back and apologize to the "fans" and the media. Then he gets mad. People change their minds. Imma still buy the album, but ifSaigons career ended right here, I think it'd be a great loss.

I was just reading this and watched his interview with MTV and from what I gather dude is overreacting and taking what the media runs with out of proportion.He's not really use to being acknowledged and talked about in a good or bad way so he takes offense. He should just admit he was drunk when he said allthat issh and it would be dead right there.

Right now he kinda over-exsposing himself with what he says in da media and then responding to the media if he doesn't like it

If he really means all that issh then I see it as Saigon just not built for the rap game. I mean it makes you wonder if anybody is listening to other rapperswhen they voice their problems with the industry and the media. Its in the songs if you really listen, hopefully Just or somebody talks some sense in to himthis rap game aint no walk in da park.

smokin.gif

with the current state...i expect a lot more rappers to follow in his footsteps.
didnt lupe say he was done after his upcoming album?
am i trippin or did common also say he was going to move on to acting?

Originally Posted by Buddha JAPE

with the current state...i expect a lot more rappers to follow in his footsteps.
didnt lupe say he was done after his upcoming album?
am i trippin or did common also say he was going to move on to acting?
Lu said he was doin 3 and he was done... Common has dropped what like 8 lps? I can see him ready to move on, plus those hollywood checks are bigger andup front can't argue with figures

Yea Jape you right Lupe doin 3 albums and he done and word is Common bout to play Green Lantern. this is hy I think there needs to be a drastic change in hiphop cuz if not hip hop will be without some needed talent then again this shows who really loves hip hop not that love should stop you from making money

word...honestly i think all the good rappers have every right to and should quit.
this industry is very unfair to real mainstream artists.
if you dont fit a certian "template" of whats "hot" right now...they shelve your project and underpromote you becuase they are are allfollowers and scared to take risks on real art.

I doubt he will actually quit...he will prob become the randy moss of rap and just cut out the media. He won't do any interviews or anything like thatprobably just let his music speak for itself

I don't feel like reading that crap. I stopped after "Ive realized now that sooo many people have gotten into Hip Hop, whether the business aspect orotherwise, its not really for me anymore..."

Look people, if you do something for yourself and for the sake of the task itself (in this case, creating music is the task), then how the hell can somebodyelse's interest in it (or lack thereof) affect you? It can't. It's only an industry to the consumers and the suits. But to the artists and the fans(and occasionally the Venn diagram overlaps here...), it's just music man. Remember, the music was here before the business, and I mean thatphilosophically. Long after the American dollar is mere toilet paper, people will still sing and dance. So either you're one of those people at heart, oryou aren't. It's too many entrepreneurs pretending to be artists. Art IS NOT a cash cow people, it neverhas been. A few will "make it", most will die poor and forgotten. And that's cool with me, as far as my art goes..... that's why I'm anursing major. Making art is a trade, but it ain't a job
grin.gif
. BET got __s thinking art is easy money but for every wack rapper on a Top 10 or 25 orwhatever, there are 10,000 artists out there that would love to put something worthwhile in that 2 minute spot (since they clip all the videos now...)

Question, why do people tune into these shows that are supposedly about hip-hop, when they only show a fraction of the actual hip-hop video, as if to say theydon't even respect the product they're selling you?

So in closing, real artistry is not about the money, nor will I ever be. Art is eternal. That's the only reason I make my art. I want to live on forever insome body's Ipod. And as far as I'm concerned, if you can let another man's direction in his career stray you from yours, you were never really anartist in the first place...

The prosecution rests Your Honor...

I think Saigon is a very talented rapper but give me a break! That was one of the dumbest blog posts I've ever read in my life. Regardless of how fake hethinks the music industry is (which I don't disagree with him at all), he goes on to say that he's gonna slap Nelly if he sees him because he (Nelly)thinks that it's unfair that people judge him on his music alone and not the various charities that he is involved in outside of music. If Saigonwasn't a rapper, he would never be on the radio to express his opinion for starters, so regardless of how long a interview was, if you say something alongthe lines of slapping a rapper that has never done anything to you, then that's what the media is going to exploit. Just like Nelly swiping a credit carddown the crack of a females rear end, Saigon's outburst on Nelly, Melyssa Ford and then proceeding to cursing the radio hosts out are going to be exploitedover whatever new songs or conscious songs that you have out. That's the media's job to exploit the most interesting points of an interview! It'sunfortunate, as well as the state of Hip-Hop and its audience, but at the end of the day it is what it is. In general, no matter if you do a million thingsright, the one screwup you have is going to be exploited over the things you do that, and if he can't respect that then maybe he needs to quit, but itseems like he contradicted himself hard and took a major L at the radio station. He will be missed though. Oh, and not saying he ain't a real street ninja,but real street ninjas don't need to ask if they need to post their rap sheet on the internet to prove a point. I shall now proceed to listen to Come OnBaby Remix and the Letter P.

Back
Top Bottom