San Francisco mayor wants the Warriors back.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

“@GSWFastBreak: Sources: Warriors have finalized plans to move to San Francisco. Announcement could come as early as Tues. Pier 31/32 arena w/ private $$$.

pimp.gif

hell yeah. get rid of the name too! No more golden state bs. San Francisco Warriors!

Damn, now I gotta pay a toll fee to see a Warriors game -_-

Was so convenient going to Oracle, not congested, easy access.

Now gotta deal with this.

O well, long as the Grizzlies win when they come to town.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Damn, now I gotta pay a toll fee to see a Warriors game -_-

Was so convenient going to Oracle, not congested, easy access.

Now gotta deal with this.

O well, long as the Grizzlies win when they come to town.
You're in Fairfield, right? The toll on Carquinez woulda got you anyway. You just have to pay twice now, unless you use Golden Gate going home.

BART & Cal-train + 1000 parking spaces is more than enough to transport people to the arena especially since its about 20,000 fans compared to a baseball game which has twice the amount of spectators.
Can't wait to see some of the renderings 
pimp.gif

tired.gif
Oakland needed to step up for their teams and they simply don't. They better not change the name.

I actually enjoyed when it was in Oakland too
laugh.gif

I enjoyed the drive from SF to Oakland, the wing-stop right around the corner, and being right there in Oakland was so convenient like memphis said.

I doubt they'll change the name though, most definitely should stay 'Golden State' if they want to retain most of the Oakland fanbase.

Damn, Oakland is on the verge of losing all their teams though
eek.gif

Originally Posted by ModernDarwin

Not sure what to think about it.  The Warriors are almost always pretty much sold out for every home game.  The only positive is MAYBE, slight maybe, of attracting better free agents etc.  Financially though I don't see what the big deal is.  Everyone knows the Warriors are the Bay Area team so anyone that likes them already watches/has their gear etc.  Not seeing what moving to SF will do for the team?

Actually a lot of people don't. Changing the name to San Francisco Warriors will help imo.

What do you mean a lot of people don't? Given the reach of the team and their popularity all over the bay (i.e. north, south, east)...how wouldn't people associate them with the Bay?

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

What do you mean a lot of people don't? Given the reach of the team and their popularity all over the bay (i.e. north, south, east)...how wouldn't people associate them with the Bay?

What i mean is a lot of People outside of California don't know what city the Warriors play in. A name change to San Francisco would help.

That's the point. People outside California associate them with the Bay Area. Not Oakland, not SF.

Back
Top Bottom