pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

LEGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Assume this means we will be going defense with one first pick.  I would like Carlos Dunlap

Originally Posted by onewearz

pimp.gif

yo fizzy, are u as amped right now as i am ?

cant wait for football season now ..........
I'm juiced, but damn I wish we could go into a draft with more than 3 picks.
laugh.gif

The value is good for us, Pittsburgh gets rid of a headache...  Not to mention, they got a Super Bowl out of him.

Win-win if I ever saw one.

wow so the two receivers who caught the Super Bowl winning catch are both gone from their team. Plax and Santonio. Whos next? Marques?

I feel sorry for the guy that gotta do contracts after this upcoming season though...
Santonio will be a FA, so will Braylon Edwards and important guys on out O-Line - D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Nick Mangold.
Wonder how this will go...

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

I better not see any Steelers fans talking about Santonio's off field antics considering you have a serial rapist playing QB.
laugh.gif
but a 5th? straight robbery

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Yall havent noticed the problems Santonio's been having?

isnt he on slate to be suspended also?
yea, but for a 5th rounder To hell with it.   Buddy going to keep smoking and drinking but hopefully change of scenery will be good for him.

Jets power moves this offseason.

[h1]King: Santonio trade is a "shot across the bow to Big Ben"[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on April 11, 2010 11:51 PM ET

The Twitter servers are being overloaded this evening as word spreads like wildfire of the trade that sent Super Bowl XLIII MVP Santonio Holmes to the New York Jets.

Ironically, the move comes only days after Ken Laird of ESPN 1250 in Pittsburgh reported that Holmes didn't believe the Steelers will pay him big money, and thatHolmes wanted to play in a big market.

And so the former Buckeye is now paired with a former Wolverine, Braylon Edwards.  (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)  They'll both be catching passes from a former Trojan, while a former Horned Frog sits at the end of the bench and pouts.

Meanwhile, Peter King of SI.com and NBC put it best in characterizing the move:  "A shot across the bow to Big Ben."  King also points out that the Steelers could have played this out for something more than a fourth-round pick, but that the Steelers opted to get it done, displaying a "we're not gonna take it anymore attitude."  

We're also wondering whether the Steelers pulled the trigger on the deal so quickly because they fear there's a chance that, come 2:00 p.m. E.T. on Monday, they'll get another dose of bad news from District Attorney Fred Bright, ESPN's report on the matter notwithstanding.

Either way, the stakes for Monday's press conference just went way, way up.  If Roethlisberger gets charged, he could be the next one to be traded for a cold turkey sandwich with wilted lettuce.

Santonio got all kinds of issues right now but a 5th? Damn...

They are talkin about a 4-8 game suspension though so who knows...

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

eek.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

LEGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Assume this means we will be going defense with one first pick.  I would like Carlos Dunlap
This is true, which way do you go now? Dez Bryant should go first, then we either stay with the WR position picking up Demaryius Thomas or the DE with Jared Odrick? We shall see, all I know is we are stacked! 

So the Steelers got rid of Holmes to prove a point to Ben.

That's funny, last I checked smoking weed and *allegedly* tossing glasses is nowhere close to being as bad as *allegedly* raping multiple women.

I guess with possibly only 1 strike from a year long suspension they decided to cut their ties before he could mess up.

Still a steal.
smh.gif

Yo i'm amped right now... Draft needs to hurry up and get here and then hard knocks
pimp.gif

We goin in
devil.gif

As the New York Jets welcome Super Bowl XLIII MVP Santonio Holmes to town, they should be very concerned about how much of him they'll actually see.

Given our report from Saturday that Holmes is facing a four-game suspension for violation of the substance abuse policy, the move means on the surface that the Jets will have to prepare to perform without Holmes for the first 25 percent of the 2010 season.

It also means that, if the suspension sticks, Holmes will be one false move away from a one-year suspension.

Assuming, based on his history with marijuana (and his recently stated intention to "wake n bake"), that Holmes' violations flow from an inability to quit smoking pot, he could become the NFL's next Ricky Williams -- a guy who loves weed more than he loves playing football.

If that's the case, it's unclear whether the Jets will see much of Holmes on the field at all, in 2010 or beyond.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Ture and he is facing an issue from a Florida night club ordeal! They have tape of someone else admitting to throwing a drink at a patron in the night club protecting Santonio and they have turned it over to the DA. Who knows what the outcome is, I really don't think it is going to be a 4 to 8 game suspension for that substance abuse issue! 

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Yea but next missed or failed test = 1 yr suspension

Back
Top Bottom