Say You Are "Invited" as A Nike Product Tester

• Thread in 'Nike' Thread starter Started by Deleted member 38182,
  • Start date
Originally Posted by ebpo

Do you get to keep the shoes? I'm in Canada and I'd like to do this, so i'll probably use something like MyUS.com, but if i have to send back the shoes, it will cost me a little too much!

With rare exceptions, no.  A big part of (meaningful) product testing is actually reviewing/inspecting the tested shoes... it's not enough to just read comments and numbers; there's a lot to be learned from the shoes themselves.  So they really do need to be sent back to WHQ for the testing analyst and/or developer to look over.

Testers shouldn't have to supply anything but time and effort... Nike pays for shipping both ways.

Originally Posted by jfeezy

Originally Posted by ebpo

Do you get to keep the shoes? I'm in Canada and I'd like to do this, so i'll probably use something like MyUS.com, but if i have to send back the shoes, it will cost me a little too much!

With rare exceptions, no.  A big part of (meaningful) product testing is actually reviewing/inspecting the tested shoes... it's not enough to just read comments and numbers; there's a lot to be learned from the shoes themselves.  So they really do need to be sent back to WHQ for the testing analyst and/or developer to look over.

Testers shouldn't have to supply anything but time and effort... Nike pays for shipping both ways.
Good to know
smile.gif
I didn't think they were studying the shoes! Thanks a lot

I'm a size 11.... and got accepted and all... now im just waiting
laugh.gif

I signed up the 16th when i first saw this thread and now its the 21st

im a size 13 and ive gotten 2 emails since...

guess ive been chosen?

bout to click the links in the email see whats good

30bmm4j.png

I too have been a tester for several years and for the past few years, they've initially sent out size 9 samples to testers....

Once those test have been completed, an updated version is sent out to size 11 testers...

I know this might be off topic but since were talking about nike product testing... I'm just wondering why nike isn't into making gear for MMA. MMA has blown up over the years and it surprises me that nike hasn't jumped on the bandwagon by making fight shorts and other gear. I don't know.. I'm just sayin.

Tried this back in High School for soccer cleats. Apparently pretty tough to get into. I'll settle for working Nike Retail

Originally Posted by ccarba

Does Nike give you any kind of reward or coupons for doing the testing?

I think wearing shoes that aren't on the market yet is a good enough reward..

It isn't reward testing unreleased shoes, it's work; if you don't even get to keep it, you should get something else as a reward.  How about this, if you taste one of those free samples somewhere, hopefully you eat it, not just chew it & spit it out--there's a reward

I've tested few samples before. Being able to try out some of Nike product before it actually released is pretty rewarding. Just make sure you follow their guidelines carefully.

Originally Posted by swooshman23

Tried this back in High School for soccer cleats. Apparently pretty tough to get into. I'll settle for working Nike Retail

got into the soccer testing program a couple months ago; i've gotten nothing yet. i'm afraid i missed out on testing the new lines that are out already (CTR, AZT laser III) and that there basically won't be any more soccer testing until well after the world cup (there's always a huge wave of new products before a world cup).

also - if they want you to join a test, do you get an email, or do you have to log into your account to find out? i've gotten lazy and don't bother checking my account anymore.

so i signed up just waiting for them to email me back.

How does shipping and handling work do you pay or do they?

testing a pair right now........my first test.
i belive I'm in bball also, size 9.....
but not bball shoes, unless kobe going free for all....

indeed funny about "low cut" shoes....

Back
Top Bottom