School me on eBay Sniping

specialed88

Banned
There's an item that I want that ends in less than 3 hours. I've lost auctions due to sniping before and this time I want to be the sniper not thevictim. Give me your tips on how to snipe effectively.

^ That's what I do too. I would have several tabs open. I would have a couple of tabs with a certain bid amount already entered prior to confirming ofcourse. Then I would also have the main window where I would just watch the finally minutes/seconds count down. I would have the highest amount that you wantto pay in mind so you can work your way up to that goal only if it ends up resulting to that point. With probably 30-20 seconds left, if the bids from otherbuyers start flying and driving up the price. I would start throwing in my bids using the tabs that I already have open. I'm sure you get the point fromthis moment on.

2rppe2v.gif

Originally Posted by Hen Lin 32

laugh.gif
I was joking, most tabs ive had open was like 2-3.

but a fast internet server and bidding at the last 1-2 minutes is
pimp.gif

count down leaves me... too bad we dont have an anxious/ nervous emo-com
laugh.gif
I definitely wasn't. If I really need to win an item,I'd go all out to make sure I win it. I can't trust those sniping websites. They failed me in the past. I need my multiple tabs and trusty fastinternet connection to get the job done. I do hate the times my connection would fail or lag coincidentally with just seconds to spare. That happened abouttwice.
mad.gif

i bid the highest amount i wanna pay for the item with 30 seconds left.

most likely whoever else is sniping is gonna have to keep clicking "confirm bid" if he/she is bidding low, and by that time it'll be too late.

been working 100% so far.

it happens to me all the time lol. i do the 3 tabs thing too... sometimes it doesnt work though

Originally Posted by instant klassic

I bid within 10 seconds
too close for me... i click confirm bid and see the loading bar i get nervous...

you must bid a ridiculous price with time running down that close.

not for me. I wait until the last 10 seconds too and bid the most I'm willing to pay. I don't get caught up in the "bidding war". If I getoutbid, then oh well
eyes.gif
On to the next item

Just open two tabs for the same auction. In one tab, put in your maximum bid, and go all the way to the confirmation screen, but do not click it. Use the othertab to frequently refresh and keep an eye on the auction. Raise your max bid in first tab later if you need if necessary. Once there's about 10 seconds orless before the auction ends, hit bid! I've won auctions in the last two seconds doing that (OG Olympic VIIs). Just be careful not to click to late,because the bid still needs time to process, especially if you're on dial-up.

%%!%%+ stay $%@*%%% up the game by bidding on the item too early. The price of the item just went through the roof.

Originally Posted by PR0LiFiKz

laugh.gif
I was joking, most tabs ive had open was like 2-3.

but a fast internet server and bidding at the last 1-2 minutes is
pimp.gif

count down leaves me... too bad we dont have an anxious/ nervous emo-com
laugh.gif
I definitely wasn't. If I really need to win an item, I'd go all out to make sure I win it. I can't trust those sniping websites. They failed me in the past. I need my multiple tabs and trusty fast internet connection to get the job done. I do hate the times my connection would fail or lag coincidentally with just seconds to spare. That happened about twice.
mad.gif
You aint lyin. My internet be fine until the last few seconds and then it be to late.
smh.gif

a true sniper like myself would never give away his secret

but i copped 2 cars on ebay with the quickness for about $3000 under blue book. no, they weren't junk

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

"bidding war"
mad.gif

idiot noobs jacken up the price while its onmy watch list.

How dumb are you two!?!
smh.gif

usually bidders with under 10fb or zero fb
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

The reason why I just lost. Tell me how the item goes from $10 to $38 in an hour.

Originally Posted by SpecialEd88

%%!%%+ stay $%@*%%% up the game by bidding on the item too early. The price of the item just went through the roof.
Son you don't understand how much I DESPISE this...what the @%!* is the point of having the highest bid with 3 days to go or a few hoursbefore the auction ends? They're just raising up the price for no reason...it's not like that bid will be the winning one at the end...
eyes.gif

Idiots.

bid your max bid. that's all there is to it. bid so if it ended a dollar higher, you wouldn't be mad because it's over what you'd be willing topay.

Got outbid in the last 5 seconds on some DS spacejams for 140 once...

All because my computer took so long to load
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom