School me on the Military

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

Originally Posted by bronxstreets

Marines dont got nothing on Army Rangers.......now i would join the Marines for that uniform tho

I wish you read the part that said .. If you aint in the Miliraty dont bother to comment .. because you sound very stupid right about now ...

your right im not in the military....it was a joke...but i have cousins that were in the military, and one of them was a Ranger{operation desert storm} and theother was a Marine{operation Iraqi freedom}and they both crack jokes on each other on which is the tougher branch

but at th end of the day they both belong to the strongest,bravest,advanced military in the world

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

Originally Posted by yungchris504

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Future Navy Seal Checking in[/color]
nerd.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Difference between the big three is you'll spend the most time away from the states in the Navy. They are ready to deploy at anytime, can be anywhere within 24hours, and hit a target anywhere around the world at any given moment.

[/color] [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Army and Marines are essentially the same, but the Army isn't as mobile seeing as how the they are in the Navy Department and are transported by ship.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Army guys dislike Marines because supposedly Marines are "gung-ho"(Semper Fidelis[/color]
pimp.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]), because they carry on the tradition of every marine is a rifleman first. Marine physical fitness requirments are also more gruelling than the Army. There's a reason why the Marines are the first in, the last out, and labeled as crazy @@# people. They are the President's guard and they have a long tradition. They are currently beefing up their numbers to new heights, so it would be easy to enlist or gain access to the officer's program(recommend it, if you can get into school)

Like they say, Marines never die, they just go to hell and regroup
laugh.gif

and the deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle
happy.gif

[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The Air Force *aka* chairforce, although they do get paid pretty well and help out a lot with ground support, has better housing, meals, MOS transferrable jobs. If I were to do it all over again, I'd enlist in the Air Force...

on second thought, nah I'll stick with my Seal goals(or possible changeover to Marines)
pimp.gif

You can't go wrong with all three, because we all take that oath and serve something bigger than us.
grin.gif

[/color]
A SEAL huh, that is whats up. You knew anyone that went through all that training.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]My brother..having an entire family in the Navy ftw/ftl[/color]
idk if I could go through that SEAL process I read up on its pretty crazy but I finished OCS so I commissioning in May 2010 Being one of out of2000 African American Marine Corp Officer FTW!

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The Air Force *aka* chairforce, although they do get paid pretty well and help out a lot with ground support, has better housing, meals, MOS transferrable jobs. If I were to do it all over again, I'd enlist in the Air Force...[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]
laugh.gif
So true I hear this all the time I'm at a headquarters base and I see alot of Army and Marine dudes they dont take rank to the head as much as theAF higher ranking enlisted do they seem more down to earth.
pimp.gif

I'm in the AF it's pretty decent so far I have been in for almost a year. I'm getting my cdc's out the way so I can start school. I'mgetting deployed next year so I think I will be doing online classes in the desert.

[/color]

Originally Posted by Hoosier Bad Boy 11

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The Air Force *aka* chairforce, although they do get paid pretty well and help out a lot with ground support, has better housing, meals, MOS transferrable jobs. If I were to do it all over again, I'd enlist in the Air Force...[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]
laugh.gif
So true I hear this all the time I'm at a headquarters base and I see alot of Army and Marine dudes they dont take rank to the head as much as the AF higher ranking enlisted do they seem more down to earth.
pimp.gif

I'm in the AF it's pretty decent so far I have been in for almost a year. I'm getting my cdc's out the way so I can start school. I'm getting deployed next year so I think I will be doing online classes in the desert.

[/color]
How do you like the airforce so far? How was basic? whats your mos? Are they sending folks from the air force to the war regardless of what jobthere in?

I was thinking about joining and got offered a job as accountant but still deciding whether its for me.

I'm joining the air force In 3 weeks...
Is it me or does it seem like most military people are A holes?
I'm not gonna lose my sense of humor just because they tell me I'm not a "civilian" anymore

It's evident in this post...seems like some military people are so damn uptight...

Originally Posted by derryj3

I'm not gonna lose my sense of humor just because they tell me I'm not a "civilian" anymore

It's evident in this post...seems like some military people are so damn uptight...
It does seem like that, I will be taking the ASVAB and attempt to get into the AF later in 09' are you accepted already?

Originally Posted by Sno Nuff

It does seem like that, I will be taking the ASVAB and attempt to get into the AF later in 09' are you accepted already?

Not officially but I've done 4 yrs of college so I'm not worried about the Asvab, should be piece o cake

from my experience serious military men and women sometimes get defensive because the average person has the wrong idea about what the military is really like.I admit I'm a fan of the military and all those who serve but unless you're there, you have no idea.

Not officially but I've done 4 yrs of college so I'm not worried about the Asvab, should be piece o cake
I'm trying to go straight outta highschool, i'm good at test taking so the ASVAB shouldn't be a problem for me either but I still havethat doubt in my mind is it a one chance thing?
ohwell.gif

Real talk I just don't like when dudes be like..."I'm over there fighting for your freedom"
Um naw brotha...Saddam never tried to take over the States...
And if somebody ran up on me in the streets I'm not about to call a military dude, I'm handling it myself

Originally Posted by infamousod

^ what are you a hippie? why are you joining the military with that attitude?

LOL everyone doesn't join the military to be all they can be. And what's wrong with my attitude? You don't have to be a sheep to be sucessful inthe military...play the game, don't let the game play you. I'm joining cause of the benefits and job security and opportunities after I get out in fouryears...

Getting shot at will remove that humor from you, if you'refortunate enough to get internally deployed
grin.gif

I see cats all the time that come back shook as hell..peeing on themselves, blabbering about mortars, nightmares..the wholenine yards man

The military is about serving your country, you can be humorous and enjoy it too but you gotta know when to leave that at the door. It isn't necessarilyabout being an a-hole, its about upholding the honors and values that comes with wearing that uniform. Don't get me wrong, I am a completely differentperson with the uniform on and off as far as how strict I am, but I know where the two personas should meet.
nerd.gif

Congrats youngchris on your commissioning, I'll see you out in the fleet
happy.gif

My brother said it went pretty smooth, a mental grind, but nothing more than what our father(Senior Chief) and Uncle(Gunnery Sgt) had already put us through.
pimp.gif

LOL everyone doesn't join the military to be all they can be. And what's wrong with my attitude? You don't have to be a sheep to be sucessful in the military...play the game, don't let the game play you. I'm joining cause of the benefits and job security and opportunities after I get out in four years...
Once you join you'll realize why military dudes hate your way of thinking. It's true you start for the benefits, I'll be joining inabout 4 1/2 years if everything goes right(army Jag ftw...hopefully). Think of it like this, the people you get closest to are the people you go through themost with and trust just going through basic should be enough. Every member of my family older then me has been in the military(literally except like threepeople and one of them is going in jan
laugh.gif
) Military is all fun and gamesuntil you go to war and then depending on your personality you'll be good.

Originally Posted by bboy1827

LOL everyone doesn't join the military to be all they can be. And what's wrong with my attitude? You don't have to be a sheep to be sucessful in the military...play the game, don't let the game play you. I'm joining cause of the benefits and job security and opportunities after I get out in four years...
Once you join you'll realize why military dudes hate your way of thinking.
because hes thinking for himself?
eyes.gif

Trust me I'm 24 years old, the military isn't gonna change my way of thinking at all, I'm not some 18yr old kid ready to be impressioned and learnabout the world. I know who I am and I know exactly what I'm getting myself into. I'm gonna get what I need outta of the military and they will get mydevotion for my term...

Trust me I'm 24 years old, the military isn't gonna change my way of thinking at all, I'm not some 18yr old kid ready to be impressioned and learn about the world. I know who I am and I know exactly what I'm getting myself into. I'm gonna get what I need outta of the military and they will get my devotion for my term...
I resent that I know who I am
grin.gif

nah but I grew up in the hood, getting shot at is nothing new, I think it depends on the type of person you are, there are people in the military who wanted tobe there all of their lives and want to act the part as well.
I'm going for the benefits not to defend my country just to be honest. i'm young and it seems like a smart move to me so i'm going to join a branchand see how things unfold and determine what I do from there.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

eyes.gif

They wanna feel special for doing something almost anyone can sign up for. Glorfying something mediocre is very common these days.

I throughly agree with the last two posts

I'm joining the least active war fighting branch so yah, I'm not joining to defend neither
LOL at growing up in the hood I never really looked at it like that...I can def relate Ive been around gunplay my whole life

Originally Posted by ceelo4

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

eyes.gif

They wanna feel special for doing something almost anyone can sign up for. Glorfying something mediocre is very common these days.
Risking your life for your country is far from mediocre
indifferent.gif
... sure almost anyone can sign up for it but they don't.

Ignorance!!!!Not everyone in the military believes all American causes for warfare are honorable ones. I am considering the military basicallyturning a blind eye to my own political ideologies. If I join it would be nothing more than to help those who have made sacrifices for this country/

I feel bad for you dudes signing up just for the benefits. You have to have a HEART for the military. If you don't chances are you're going to hate it.

Back
Top Bottom