scripture of the day

Romans 8:28

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Colossians 3:23

And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;

This verse is very inspirational. Instead of you thinking bout how crappy your boss is, if you perform for the Lord, as if he is your employer, its hard to believe that workplace success wont follow. If you play basketball as if the Lord is your coach, you will undoubtedly be giving it your all. If you live life doing things for ppl as if your taking care for the Lord, you will gain a deep amount of respect.

With the way of same sex marriage coming into fruition, it's only right that polygamy be in the conversation as well....
7: And Nathan said to David, Thou art the man. Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, I anointed thee king over Israel, and I delivered thee out of the hand of Saul; 8: And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things" (2 Sam. 12).

Last edited:
With the way of same sex marriage coming into fruition, it's only right that polygamy be in the conversation as well....

Trust me, Ive researched this heavily. :wink:
God didn’t give him mad wives, he allowed or helped him inherit the kingdom which came with the wives. If David was righteous to the bone, he woulda got rid of them day one of kingship. (Like inheriting a mansion. There maybe mice in the basement tho. Live with it or clean house. freewill) These are the same wives that worship pagan gods and influenced David to turn his back on God. They were the begining of his downfall actually. (word to Bathsheba)

God created Adam and Eve. Not Adam and a couple broads.
Marraige is supposed to mirror the covenant between God and Israel/ His ppl. Not multiple ppls. ( Believers are grafted into his ppl)

Genesis 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
Exodus 20:14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.

Last edited:
Trust me, Ive researched this heavily. :wink:
God didn’t give him mad wives, he allowed or helped him inherit the kingdom which came with the wives. If David was righteous to the bone, he woulda got rid of them day one of kingship. (Like inheriting a mansion. There maybe mice in the basement tho. Live with it or clean house. freewill) These are the same wives that worship pagan gods and influenced David to turn his back on God. They were the begining of his downfall actually. (word to Bathsheba)

God created Adam and Eve. Not Adam and a couple broads.
Marraige is supposed to mirror the covenant between God and Israel/ His ppl. Not multiple ppls. ( Believers are grafted into his ppl)

Genesis 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
Exodus 20:14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.

Well I look at it like this, if if one has the ability to sustain those type of relationships, I think it can be deemed acceptable. And adultery and polygamy are two completely different things. I look at adultery in the sense of paying for sex, which is wrong. Moving in a spirit of lust and not love is adultery. And besides, their are numerous scriptures of God giving the back hand too Israel for disobeying him.

The Land of Israel belongs to God, not the people. The Land is Mine; for you are but aliens and sojourners with Me (Leviticus 25:23). Since the Land of Israel belongs to God, He can give it to whomever He wishes.

James 4:7

Submit yourselves, then, to God.  Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
-Mattew 6:33

I like this thread. People actually take it seriously. I haven't seen any trolling going on. 
happy.gif

Well I look at it like this, if if one has the ability to sustain those type of relationships, I think it can be deemed acceptable. And adultery and polygamy are two completely different things. I look at adultery in the sense of paying for sex, which is wrong. Moving in a spirit of lust and not love is adultery. And besides, their are numerous scriptures of God giving the back hand too Israel for disobeying him.

The Land of Israel belongs to God, not the people. The Land is Mine; for you are but aliens and sojourners with Me (Leviticus 25:23). Since the Land of Israel belongs to God, He can give it to whomever He wishes.
Be careful. Remember, its not how we see it, but how Gods sees it. We gotta try to fall in line with that. Read Hosea, you will find value in it.

Be careful. Remember, its not how we see it, but how Gods sees it. We gotta try to fall in line with that. Read Hosea, you will find value in it.
Taking it a step further, David didn't have what became available on the day of pentecost. While he was a man after God's own heart, he still had nothing to bring his flesh under subjection and was thus judged under a different standard and law.

Israel is lucky to only get a back hand for their disobedience. God wanted to wipe them out MANY times and they didn't even know it. Moses advocated on their behalf every time God made him aware of what He wanted to do. And to think, that still goes on today. Freed from bondage, on the way to the promised land but murmuring and complaining the whole way. Whenever I read or think of Numbers 14:11-12 I wonder how many times God has said that about me and I didn't even know it.
Such a commonly spewed out verse... but really heavy when you really think about it.

Psalm 23:1 "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want."
When I was younger, I thought that this meant that I shouldn't want to be in his place
laugh.gif

But once you read it over and over and slower and slower, you'll see what it means. The Lord is my shepherd. He leads me to where I need to be. He keeps me safe. He protects me. He provides me with so much of what I need that there isn't any room for me to want anything else.

" Blessed is every one that feareth the Lord; that walketh in his ways.

For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee."

-Psalms 128:1-2

Christianity & Catholicism

John 1:12

But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God...

Islam

An-Naml 27:9

O Moses! Lo! It is I, Allah, the Mighty, the Wise.

Judaism

Genesis 26:3

Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will 

bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these lands, 

and I will establish the oath which I swore unto Abraham thy father

But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God...

Islam

Judaism
Which belief system do you subscribe to? If any.

Islam

Judaism
Which belief system do you subscribe to? If any.
Ultimately Christianity - Anglican though I am mostly secular and go to church as it suits me.

Through my own research I've found the overlap between the three main abrahamic religions (and there are others) to be tremendous.  I can appreciate them all despite the very apparent differences.

"God makes the Earth yield healing herbs, which the prudent man should not
neglect." - Sirach: 38:4

:smokin

"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."

-1 Corinthians 2:9

"Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve."
Matthew 4: 8-10

"Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve."
Matthew 4: 8-10

Mark 8:36
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

Back
Top Bottom