SEATTLE SEAHAWKS THREAD

D4YmMuYVUAAAmPz.jpg:large
C7ajSuiUwAAfXpR.jpg

Real talk though, Russ & Ciara staying here for the next half decade and have a chance to become minority owners of MLB and NBA franchises. City of Seattle needs to quit playing and allow vacation of that stupid street in SODO so a real arena can be built...

The city played Hansen so cold man
Yes, especially the previous mayor and some current members of city council. The current mayor, Jenny Durkan, has stated an arena in SODO isn't off the table and re-elections for council will be this November. At the end of the day, Hansen and Co's best chance to get that street conditionally vacated may be coming within the next year or so if the stars align. The damn City already got its wishes for the Seattle Colisseum re-haul to lure the NHL.

I'm really bitter about this because I grew up in the Southend of Seattle and the Sonics really represented the people, you still see high school hoop prospects sprouting out of Garfield, Rainier Beach, and even further south in Federal Way and Tacoma. Lower Queen Anne and anywhere north of downtown would just view an NBA team as a novelty or toy to spend tech money on.

September
9/8: vs. Cincinnati Bengals (1:05 PM PT, CBS)
9/15: at Pittsburgh Steelers (10 AM PT, FOX)
9/22: vs. New Orleans Saints (1:25 PM PT, CBS)
9/29: at Arizona Cardinals (1:05 PM PT, FOX)

October
10/3 (Thu): vs. Los Angeles Rams (5:20 PM PT, FOX/NFL Network)
10/13: at Cleveland Browns (10 AM PT, FOX)
10/20: vs. Baltimore Ravens (1:25 PM PT, FOX)
10/27: at Atlanta Falcons (10 AM PT, FOX)

November
11/3: vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1:05 PM PT, FOX)
11/11 (Mon): at San Francisco 49ers (5:15 PM PT, ESPN)
11/17: BYE
11/24: at Philadelphia Eagles (5:20 PM PT, NBC*)

December
12/2 (Mon): vs. Minnesota Vikings (5:15 PM PT, ESPN)
12/8: at Los Angeles Rams (5:20 PM PT, NBC*)
12/15: at Carolina Panthers (10 AM PT, FOX)
12/22: vs. Arizona Cardinals (1:25 PM PT, FOX)
12/29: vs. San Francisco 49ers (1:25 PM PT, FOX)

"The Storm and City of Seattle in June 2017 completed a 10-year lease extension deal that included protections in the event the planned KeyArena renovation came to fruition. Under the deal’s terms, the team would be reimbursed $260,000 per relocated game up to a maximum of $2.6 million per season until it returns to KeyArena in 2021."

So this is privately funded but the City is paying $260,000 PER relocated game with a max of $2.6M a season? End of the day, it's damn near a $1B for an arena that may not even be approved by the NBA.

I'm officially on Russ' side for life because he rocked that Sonics jacket on his re-signing day. I know he has a vested interest in the SODO project too, but hopefully his influence can help people come to their senses and conditionally approve SoDo.

The closer we get to the draft the more I feel Frank stays. I'd be shocked we get a 1st from any team honestly, I think he's bringing back a 3rd round pick at best and for that reason alone I think he stays.

This could end up playing out similarly to Earls situation. Hawks weren't budging off getting a 1st back for him, then it was a 2, eventually we all know how that played out.

Frank Clark trade buzz picked up steam on 4/20-

Got a feeling KC and Indy are in it, and the Jets not so much. Peter King speculating Clark to KC for #29/#63

I'll personally drive Frank to sea-tac airport for a 1st and 2nd :rofl:

I hate it had to be him.. Not counting on him being productive if last yr was any indication.

Going to need a WR early in the draft, and grab a high priority UDFA as well.

Damn man, I love me some Baldwin.

I want to see some more play out of our TE's. I thought Dissly was looking great until he got hurt.

Russ must have a Amazon plug, I remember when he gave them Alaska Alirline tickets. Ninja probably didn't even pay for them himself
skip1.png

Frank to KC??? :emoji_eyes: Edit: oh ****, deal is done

Hate that it had to be Frank but I'm hoping KC gives him the $$$, they're going to be crazy good next season.

Back
Top Bottom