Secrets About Your Job...

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

My job is your typical corporate world that I didn't know was real. Brown nosing gets you places, little man syndrome runs rampant, women sleep around to get up in the world, married men do sleep with their secretaries, hook ups happen all the time with employees after happy hours, and most all young people are stuck up corny idiots that think their crap don't stink.

I hate it but it pays the most.
Story of my life.

Here too man, i work for an Oil Storage Company and it's full of d riders, male and female, I know this chick who's cheatn on her husband with a co-worker who is also marrried, she has 2 daughters, he has three daugters, the thing thats so messed up though, is that he chicks father in law works here as well. The dude who is smashn hails and jokes around with the father in law like its nuthn
laugh.gif
, heartless bastards. I'm like the only real person here, thats y I'm hated on.

Originally Posted by prison mike

^ Outlets. I remember one of the Florida outlets (kissimmee?) having a bunch of Kobe vi IDs last year for like $35.

nerd.gif
i always hear bout that outlet getting some gems... back when the grape 5s dropped i heard they were selling b grades for the low

b grades > campout

but then again thats juss me & looking back i kinda regret not camping out 4 em
ohwell.gif

Footlocker..... Saturdays releases... I'm throwing releases in the stock room... camoed in the shelves, so manager think we sold out lmfao... so I make a killing with them shoes miss them days

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Niketown NY.

ID shoes actually take one week to make and 2 days to get to the store. We tell you it takes 4 weeks because 9/10 they always come messed up with missing letters or wrong color. I know for fact every time you ID shoe, about 3 pairs come messed up before the right one comes.

When celebrities come, they actually go straight to the stock room and try on at least 15 pairs of the same shoe and run in them before they pick the perfect one. Wonder why yours is pre creased? Blame kobe.

We actually get a fake pair of shoes in our stock every once in a while. We usually just give it to a homeless person or donate.

Twitter RSVP is rigged. The person that runs it almost picks the same people with the exception of new ones.

When the shoe takes forever to come up and we say " I'm gonna go down myself and get them " 8/10 we just walked to another floor and talk to like a girl or something, quick bite and then say to you sorry we don't have the shoe.

That's all I can think for now.

I used to work on the third floor .. always wanted to be on the fifth. 
mad.gif
laugh.gif

RA at my University. The biggest secret? We have access to everything. Literally EVERYTHING. I'm talking about room access whenever we want, your permanent home address, your SSN, email, allergies, etc. And my university documented everything, so if you had an alcohol/weed/etc violation we could look it up and also read about the details and everyone who was involved. Normally it was just routine stuff but I was reading one and found out that another RA tried to hide under the sink when the campus security came to her room for a noise violation. We clowned her for a while for that.
roll.gif
I didn't really ever abuse my power except to leave notes in my girl's room every once in a while and to get card access to the other dorms (RAs have 24/7 access to every dorm hall,) but a guy a couple of years back got caught sneaking into girls' rooms and smelling their panties in their drawers.

The power structure changes from university to university, but we were pretty much allowed to do anything with very little/no consequence. I would order food on the school's account (they only documented charges, not who made them,) leave when I was on duty to go to parties (walkies would work up to 2 + miles away,) kick it with females past curfew, and essentially do nothing that was asked of me aside from the mandatory meetings/bulletin board changes, etc. It's a job that is really hard to be good at, and extremely easy to relax and not to anything for. One chick on staff threw a total of 3 events all year, and it was a "requirement" that we throw at least 1 educational event a month, and highly encouraged that we do 2 socials. (I just did one educational event that would double as my social, because I would usually just skip the educational part.)

the product in the shower gel and shampoo we sell is exactly the same yet sold as two completely different products. Same with other products in our skin care line.

Originally Posted by luxurious24

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

My job is your typical corporate world that I didn't know was real. Brown nosing gets you places, little man syndrome runs rampant, women sleep around to get up in the world, married men do sleep with their secretaries, hook ups happen all the time with employees after happy hours, and most all young people are stuck up corny idiots that think their crap don't stink.

Story of my life.

Here too man, i work for an Oil Storage Company and it's full of d riders, male and female, I know this chick who's cheatn on her husband with a co-worker who is also marrried, she has 2 daughters, he has three daugters, the thing thats so messed up though, is that he chicks father in law works here as well. The dude who is smashn hails and jokes around with the father in law like its nuthn
laugh.gif
, heartless bastards. I'm like the only real person here, thats y I'm hated on.

That is what I think too. Sometimes I even get my mind all twisted and think I am the odd one out. One of my main flaws at work (if it can be called one) is I don't watch sports like every day. It's like whenever there is that water cooler talk, I am the odd man out. Ironically though when we had a company softball team, all these guys that cherish sports so much don't even know how to throw a baseball right. All this talk about sports and the only thing they plat is golf? Get that stuff out of here!

Word. This is exactly why I can't do the 9-5 thing. Just for an example of each:

1) Used to work with a guy who was the biggest butt-kiss since that Chicago Bears Hall of Famer and would snitch on you if he found out you were so much as taking pens home. (Dude once spent 3 months tracking one specific employee's arrival time to the minute, compiling them into a report for bossman) We found out that he got multiple raises during budget cuts that "froze pay rates and hiring".

2) I once had my phone out at work, which is against the rules even though everybody does it. A higher-up caught me and told me my phone should be locked in my desk during the workday, like I'm playing with a @+#$$*! Tamagotchi in 4th grade social studies. When I reminded him that people got items like iPods, $500 cash, food, and everydamnthing else stolen out of their desk on a regular basis, he said "well if it gets stolen, it gets stolen". Feeling yourself, dude...you don't say no *!*$ like that to a grown-%## man.

3/4) One (married) boss had a whole stable of corpubines he would "take to lunch" every so often. They had unlimited and untracked sick days, sometimes never came back from lunch, and generally got less %@$++*%* than everyone else. (On one occasion he was arguing with one and she screamed something like "but you wasn't saying that when you was trying to lick my %*+#@ and et my %##!" That shut him up fast.)

5) I can't name you a single office party/going away happy hour in which somebody didn't go home with somebody else.

6) Y'all have been on social networks, I don't have to illustrate that one.

Originally Posted by cbass625

the product in the shower gel and shampoo we sell is exactly the same yet sold as two completely different products. Same with other products in our skin care line.

What company? Can't wait to tell my girl this. I remember we had run out of bodywash and I told her to use the shampoo and she looked at me like I was crazy.

Originally Posted by Yeah

RA at my University. The biggest secret? We have access to everything. Literally EVERYTHING. I'm talking about room access whenever we want, your permanent home address, your SSN, email, allergies, etc. And my university documented everything, so if you had an alcohol/weed/etc violation we could look it up and also read about the details and everyone who was involved. Normally it was just routine stuff but I was reading one and found out that another RA tried to hide under the sink when the campus security came to her room for a noise violation. We clowned her for a while for that.
roll.gif
I didn't really ever abuse my power except to leave notes in my girl's room every once in a while and to get card access to the other dorms (RAs have 24/7 access to every dorm hall,) but a guy a couple of years back got caught sneaking into girls' rooms and smelling their panties in their drawers.

The power structure changes from university to university, but we were pretty much allowed to do anything with very little/no consequence. I would order food on the school's account (they only documented charges, not who made them,) leave when I was on duty to go to parties (walkies would work up to 2 + miles away,) kick it with females past curfew, and essentially do nothing that was asked of me aside from the mandatory meetings/bulletin board changes, etc. It's a job that is really hard to be good at, and extremely easy to relax and not to anything for. One chick on staff threw a total of 3 events all year, and it was a "requirement" that we throw at least 1 educational event a month, and highly encouraged that we do 2 socials. (I just did one educational event that would double as my social, because I would usually just skip the educational part.)
RAs tend to be the biggest losers.

Originally Posted by cbass625

I believe the @#+% out of this...I often use one as the other, +%$% it it's all soap.

I was working for a a survey company. We call you and even if you say you don't want to answer the survey, we will call you back.

The only way to avoid being called back is to say : "I am not interested and I would like my number to be placed on the black list."

But once someone told me that and I asked my boss if I should put this guy on the black list,

he told me juste to put it in the defenitive no section (so we will call him for other surveys but not the one he refused.)

Originally Posted by GSGoonSquad

Care to elaborate more as to what you actually do and where you actually work ?
nerd.gif

I work for AIG. One of the top insurance companies of the world that got bailed out by the government not to long ago. We are worth so much money and our managers all get paid so well but yet, our company is still cheap as hell and still don't give decent raises (well, to the small people anyways). Reality sucks in this type of job. Crazy enough, I became the minority here and I am not even talking about my race. A guy that likes sneakers, hip-hop, skating, art (and other BS that I like) will literally make you look like a total wierdo here. I mean there is some BS high school crap that still happens in the adult life that I never thought would exist no more. You'd be surprised how people react when they get a little bit of power.

I agree with all of this. I work as an assistant property manager and im always hearing about affairs and all sorts of drama from all the tenants in my building. Its crazy what goes on at work. My friend also works for AIG and she pretty much says the same thing.

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

roll.gif

Typically it's the people who are stupid enough to get caught that have bitter feelings towards RAs. Type of dudes to show out in front of their friends because they feel entitled.
grin.gif
If you get on a RA's good side they can be your best friend in the world. I couldn't tell you how many apartments I laced with multiple free pizzas just 'cause they would say "what's up" from time to time and not act like an immature idiot because of the stigma associated with the RA job. But the dudes who tried to scowl at me and throw me snide remarks? I was the biggest A-Hole in the world. And it wasn't because I had written them up or anything. They just generally didn't like me because they shared your same stagnant mindset.

During training they essentially tell you to snitch on your friends, go out of your way to find underage drinking, and stop at any room that you thought might be doing something against the rules. Very few actually take that to heart, but the ones who do make the rest of us out to be lame because they snitch like their life depended on it. I had a total of 3 write ups last year, one was because I got called to a room by the campus security, one because a dude was literally drowning because he had passed out in his tub (water was leaking from the 7th floor of the building to the basement,) and the other one was because a dude wanted to be a douche when I was just asking him to turn down the music. I would regularly take shots with the residents that I liked knowing they were underage, would show up stoned to my own events, and partied with a few girls/guys from other floors.

tl;dr most RAs are just average students, and your perception of them will heavily depend on how stupid you are and how much of their training they take to heart.

Summer Camp- I wouldn't trust my own kids with me and my staff.
laugh.gif
we are just straight @%# hats, not on that Sandusky level, but we just don't give a !$%%. During the NBA draft the entire staff was sitting in the back room watching the draft while kids were getting picked up
laugh.gif

If you're female and cute, you can do anythign you want at my job. If you're makle or not cute, you will be fired for everything.

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

roll.gif

Typically it's the people who are stupid enough to get caught that have bitter feelings towards RAs. Type of dudes to show out in front of their friends because they feel entitled.
grin.gif
If you get on a RA's good side they can be your best friend in the world. I couldn't tell you how many apartments I laced with multiple free pizzas just 'cause they would say "what's up" from time to time and not act like an immature idiot because of the stigma associated with the RA job. But the dudes who tried to scowl at me and throw me snide remarks? I was the biggest A-Hole in the world. And it wasn't because I had written them up or anything. They just generally didn't like me because they shared your same stagnant mindset.

During training they essentially tell you to snitch on your friends, go out of your way to find underage drinking, and stop at any room that you thought might be doing something against the rules. Very few actually take that to heart, but the ones who do make the rest of us out to be lame because they snitch like their life depended on it. I had a total of 3 write ups last year, one was because I got called to a room by the campus security, one because a dude was literally drowning because he had passed out in his tub (water was leaking from the 7th floor of the building to the basement,) and the other one was because a dude wanted to be a douche when I was just asking him to turn down the music. I would regularly take shots with the residents that I liked knowing they were underage, would show up stoned to my own events, and partied with a few girls/guys from other floors.

tl;dr most RAs are just average students, and your perception of them will heavily depend on how stupid you are and how much of their training they take to heart.
My Girl was an RA @ USF many moons ago.......Literally had sex in every room I could think of.............. Skeleton Key FTW...

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

If you're female and cute, you can do anythign you want at my job. If you're makle or not cute, you will be fired for everything.

That's Life fam'...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by king0fthis23

If A dog tries to bite me or simply just not cooperating while I'm grooming/bathing them, I slap the *@%! of that beach..**Shrug**

Dead.

Back
Top Bottom