Secrets About Your Job...

Sales Associate at Banana Republic

Don't pay full price for anything. Unless it's a New Arrival, 9 times out of 10, there will be some sort of sale that will take off at least 15%. The only exception is if you're a smaller size. We usually only get around 1 - 2 small shirts each shipment.

If you do decide to sign up for a Bananacard, get it when there are some sort of promotions going on. It's usually 15% off purchase but they have 20%, 25%, even 30% off every once and a while. Plus, if you have any coupons, they tend to stack up with the enrollment discount so bring those in.

When you sign up, you don't have to put the entire purchase on the card in order to receive the discount. Just put 25 bucks or something and you'll still get that discount.

They have Military, Education and Senior discounts. Just have a valid teacher/student/military ID and you'll get 15% off of full priced stuff.

If we're not busy and you get some clothes you need steamed, just ask. We'll usually do it if you aren't being a douchenozzle.

That's about all I can think of at the moment.

Originally Posted by DWontheMoon

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Originally Posted by Yeah
RAs tend to be the biggest losers.

Yup most enjoy getting others in trouble it seems. Were you compensated for writeups? Been written up for 1 beer can before
sick.gif
  @#$% RAs
The hall that I was a RA in was mostly upperclassmen so we didn't really have a "quota" per se, but they expected about 30 write ups total each year from the staff as a whole. (What was said to me during training.) There were seven of us. I think we hit 25.

RAs in the freshman dorms tho? They probably get 20 or so in a semester depending on what days they're on duty. Realistically, if people didn't blast music and yell when they got drunk, a good 50% of those would be avoided.

Also people smoking blunts in their room. The absolute dumbest idea. Especially since going on a J walk is 100x better than just chilling inside in front of a computer.

Dirty kitchen spots are appreciated.
As long as there's no semen in my food, I'm good.
Just frequent spots that have a lot of customers, at the end of the day, it might not be the cleanest, but they won't be making people sick.
If anything, a little dirt helps strengthen immunity.

I work construction and I seen my boss sniff pills, coworkers get high too, also if there is any type of shortcut, it will be done. Example, not disinfecting the entire job on a mold job, not putting the weed guard down before mulching, if the toilet isn't in dukes will straight take a dump in a bucket, just overall straight ratchetness

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

that's generally my rule of them
I always say "No cum and I'll come!"

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Summer Camp- I wouldn't trust my own kids with me and my staff.
laugh.gif
we are just straight @%# hats, not on that Sandusky level, but we just don't give a !$%%. During the NBA draft the entire staff was sitting in the back room watching the draft while kids were getting picked up
laugh.gif
I was a daycamp counselor for a few summers. That was good times.

RunningFishy ,

What about the chicken wings. Not the separated ones but the whole chicken wings that are sold at these spots. Are those legit? I do know they are all fried in the AM and kept in a warmer and then are just flash fried whenever someone orders them. I can't imagine how many chicken wings are gone through in a day.

Originally Posted by Corcio713

Sales Associate at Banana Republic

Don't pay full price for anything. Unless it's a New Arrival, 9 times out of 10, there will be some sort of sale that will take off at least 15%. The only exception is if you're a smaller size. We usually only get around 1 - 2 small shirts each shipment.
That goes for all retail. Except for a few things, everything goes on sale eventually, no matter where it is. Only a couple items actually sell out at full price.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by ricky409

More info on corpubines, though..

Does degree satisfied matter in the business corporate world?

For instance, a hard work with a bachelors compared to a butt kiss with a masters.

Degrees will get you that interview. The rest of it is based on how you are as a person and your work experence. Some people can come into an interview and leave with a 50k job. Some can do the same thing and leave with a lesser amount or more. It really is how you play that game when getting interviewed. You have to sell yourself enough where they think you are better then everyone else that is getting hired for the amount you are asking. I had managers that got paid less then the people that worked for him and that is only cause he started out low and only got so much of an increase when he got promoted. The worst thing you don't want to do is kiss butt only to get more work and no pay. Also one of the best ways to get paid more is to work for a company for 1-2 years and then leave to a competitor that is willing to pay more. My girl only started doing insurance for 3 years now and the first place she got paid 50k and she left to a competitor that offered her 70k. She also does way less work as well and her bonus are litterally 5 times more then what she got before.

*e-dap*... I want a corpubine, doe... getting good yambs at my desk?
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Summer Camp- I wouldn't trust my own kids with me and my staff.
laugh.gif
we are just straight @%# hats, not on that Sandusky level, but we just don't give a !$%%. During the NBA draft the entire staff was sitting in the back room watching the draft while kids were getting picked up
laugh.gif
I was a daycamp counselor for a few summers. That was good times.

lulz @ butt hat..

Originally Posted by sheistbugz

Steve Madden has NO security at the store I work at, just cameras. You could walk off with a dozen shoes and all we can do is call the cops, who'll arrive 30 minutes later.

If there is something that I've learned from getting caught shoplifting as a kid, is to just flat out run if you get caught. 99.9% of the time, no one will run after you and cops could care less once you step out of the store or mall.

Unless you're doing that in dominican republic, i've seen 20+ people running after the robber. lmao

I work for a very large financial institution / mutual fund provider / 401(k) record keeper. I've seen senior VPs and senior counsel's accounts retroactively changed to avoid dips in the market that would negatively change their accounts balances. Things like altering a termination date so that it falls after the company's stock rises 3% so the accounts get that extra bit before leaving.

Not things about my job but stuff I've learned since working
Anyone can be a security guard.  Its ridiculous the kinds of people we get that have guard cards.
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

Cops get discounts on anything.

Filipino people are cheap.

Young people are cheap.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

that's generally my rule of them
I always say "No cum and I'll come!"
then you wont want to come to my restaurant.
devil.gif

nah, i cook at a really good place that would never do anything foul.  all the restaurants i've cooked at have been super clean and no one does any gross stuff.  we have a little pride.  who brings leftovers and serves it?
laugh.gif

We just throw your mail around like no one care! if you receive something broken in the mail you can blame USPS.

Retail

When a customer wants a new item from the back 9 times out on 10 it's the same on that was on the sales floor.

When puling items from the back everything gets thrown on the floor then picked up (including white items)

Customers that do not know english/spanish get made fun of when being helped out or sent to another person.

@oxygen - I did that when I worked for FedEx
laugh.gif
shoot everyone in the warehouse including the drivers threw any/everything like it was unbreakable

No dambs given.

Originally Posted by GSGoonSquad

My job is your typical corporate world that I didn't know was real. Brown nosing gets you places, little man syndrome runs rampant, women sleep around to get up in the world, married men do sleep with their secretaries, hook ups happen all the time with employees after happy hours, and most all young people are stuck up corny idiots that think their crap don't stink.

I hate it but it pays the most.
Care to elaborate more as to what you actually do and where you actually work ?
nerd.gif

I work for AIG. One of the top insurance companies of the world that got bailed out by the government not to long ago. We are worth so much money and our managers all get paid so well but yet, our company is still cheap as hell and still don't give decent raises (well, to the small people anyways). Reality sucks in this type of job. Crazy enough, I became the minority here and I am not even talking about my race. A guy that likes sneakers, hip-hop, skating, art (and other BS that I like) will literally make you look like a total wierdo here. I mean there is some BS high school crap that still happens in the adult life that I never thought would exist no more. You'd be surprised how people react when they get a little bit of power.
I'm scared of not being able to mesh with people in the corporate world.

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

Originally Posted by GSGoonSquad

Care to elaborate more as to what you actually do and where you actually work ?
nerd.gif

I work for AIG. One of the top insurance companies of the world that got bailed out by the government not to long ago. We are worth so much money and our managers all get paid so well but yet, our company is still cheap as hell and still don't give decent raises (well, to the small people anyways). Reality sucks in this type of job. Crazy enough, I became the minority here and I am not even talking about my race. A guy that likes sneakers, hip-hop, skating, art (and other BS that I like) will literally make you look like a total wierdo here. I mean there is some BS high school crap that still happens in the adult life that I never thought would exist no more. You'd be surprised how people react when they get a little bit of power.
I'm scared of not being able to mesh with people in the corporate world.

Word im like 1 of 5 Hispanics at my job
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

im young (25) have hoodish tendencies, and get
nerd.gif
when i roll thru in the morning blasting ignorant rap (MMG
pimp.gif
)

but i do my damm job well and they let me rock
pimp.gif

I wanna know more about Six Flags and theme parks in general.
Does anyone ever win the ill prizes? 3 point shot TVs? Xboxes in those 5 gallon jug claw games?
The only game I play that I'm guaranteed a dinky stuffed prize is the hammer joint, makes me feel like Thor.

Wish i had some big secrets from my job.  Work as a financial analyst for NASA.

We have some really cool technology on our campus but the facilities are crap.  We spend next to nothing on our building and maintenance of them because we have to spend so much on technology.

We don't drug test.  I think it's known that some of the scientist are a little out there and prob get high all the time.  The scientist on center actually look like scientist.  They wear flip flops to work like every day, pajama pants, fanny packs, etc.  They are brilliant....but prob get dressed in the dark.

Culturally if you are a Civil Servant you basically know you will never get fired as long as you don't download 8 gigs of pr0n on your government issued computer (which has been done by some dude who was here for 8 years....had every computer in his house seized, kids computers too)

Back
Top Bottom