Self Improvement Tips

Finally a quality thread...

Surrounding yourslf with successful and positive thinking people is important---receiving great advice from them is even more important.

Also, like others stated---help others in need, because everyone is in need of something---it will not only make them feel good but mmost importantly YOU willfeel better about yourself.

Exercise in the morning does help too---but you have to be disciplined and persistent.

It wouldn't hurt to read any religous work too (I.e. Bible. Vedas, Torah, Koran, etc.)---read them all if u have to, it will make you more worldly andopen-minded.

Not mean to hj post but Does anyone know any good self improvement audiobooks (especially), magazines, books, or websites ???

360 WAVES + INDIAN HEMP

THATS ALL
pimp.gif

Don't base the perception that you have of yourself on the perception that others have of you.

I'm trying to eat better and work out more regularly
I'm also trying to stop procrastinating

* Spend more time with family. You'll appreciate that time more as life goes on, and if you ever have to lose a loved one, you'll have memories of thetimes you shared together.

* Make an effort to be polite and considerate of people around you. Simple things like saying thank you when someone holds a door open or helping a woman carryher stroller up the subway stairs makes more of a difference than you think, and it sets an example to others.

*Exercise.

*Try to eat a little bit better, then alot better. If you make big changes in your diet too soon it feels like a diet. If you start by cutting out sugarydrinks and move on to cutting down on red meat, eating less fast food, it just becomes the way you eat all the time and you stay healthier longer.

* Get outside more often. Go out and do things. Enjoy life, especially on a nice day. Call your friends up to go chill. Call an old friend to meet up for a cupof coffee or something. Give yourself a reason to get dipped and head out instead of just to post a pic in WDYWT.

* Read something. It helps you relax, and it's a nice escape from all the constant updates we've gotten so accustomed to.

* Laugh. Go out to a comedy club. Invite your friends over and turn Madden into a drinking game. Put "Old School" in the DVD player and keeprewinding the scene where Frank the Tank shoots himself with a tranquilizer dart.

Originally Posted by datdude87

For me personally.... Eat right, exercise, do things you are scared of or uncomfortable with. One of my biggest goals for myself, personally, is to become comfortable with feeling uncomfortable, if that makes any since. Just challenge yourself in anyway you can think of.
Makes perfect sense, people are scared of the unknown. When everyone agrees with everything you do your not being yourself, you just trying toplease people to much.

My boy airmissionretro always be puttin out them wise gems.

Get out of the comfort zone, challenge yourself to be the best and look for opportunities that await you

exercise, eat right, and always do your best to think POSITIVE.

If you can dedicate yourself to excercising then that proves to yourself that your are able to commit yourself to your goals. Eat right, so you can always betop shape throughout your day, and always think positive should challenges come your way

I like this thread.

Say a prayer everyday. Even if it's small.

Read Anthony Robbins. He is corny but great.

Bump.

Good thread.

Like others have said...

Pray. Do it out loud so that you can hear yourself and awaken your consciousness.

Exercise.

Eat right.

Spend quality time with friends and family.

Read material about things that really matter.

Meditate.

Get out and live life.

Stay strong & positive.

Let no feeling of discouragement prey upon you, and in the end you are sure to succeed. - Abraham Lincoln No truer words were ever spoken.

Take a lot of time and think about your decisions before you make them, try to look at all possible consequences ahead of time. This will cut down on a lot ofmistakes.

I try not to worry what others think of me and try and do good deeds and moral things

Great thread.
pimp.gif

-Make exercise part of your daily routine. It not only makes you feel better and increase self-confidence, it adds discipline. Since I started hitting up thegym on a regular basis, my GPA went up-no lie. Just get into a habit of going and you'll feel obligated to go, and you'll start feeling like %%%$ whenyou stop going. At least, that's how I've felt...
-Try not to get too high of the highs in life, and don't get too low off the lows in life. Gotta be able to keep it moving and stay steady.
-Keep your family close...friends come and go, but family stays forever.
-While you gotta adapt to your environment and situations, you gotta be able to allow yourself to be yourself.
-If you're shy like me-sometimes when you want to say something to someone but you don't know if you should say it, just say it, don't even thinkabout it. There's much more harm that can be done from holding things back then saying something that might be perceived as "stupid". Just do it.

play chess or learn it

eat right

exercise 4-5 times weekly.

All together strive for mental and physical health.

Back
Top Bottom