Seriously, though. What is the point of the existence of HBCU's today?

You know what, you used to walk around here like some monster, constantly annoying people, like an internet bully or something.  I don't understand why you keep putting your race down, like you had some epiphany and are trying to reject everything you ever knew.  Stop trying to comfort the next man, you sound like some lost self-loathing negro ashamed of his history.You should read The Invisible Man, it's a good book for a person constantly voicing some of your thoughts.
i put my race down because we continue to show how real these "stereotypes" are.  We continue to embarrass ourselves. My people are super sensitive when it comes to other races of people saying things about them and yet we continue to prove them right when we do something stupid.  %+$% our history.  what history we really have?  we are known for complaining about everything and blaming white people for everything...HBCU's are racist..idc how you put it..if there were any HWCU's, there will be an uproar.  Black people, as a whole will probably NEVER get better...why shouldnt i hate my people?  give me a reason to not be pessimistic about my people.

If it's not an HBCU and existed during that period, it is an HWCU though. It's implied. University of Mississippi for example, you could call an HWCU.

you have a valid point while hate is a strong word though....

issue is your point will go on deaf ears because people are ignorant and this is the internet...

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

get a blog or cry, pick one.
Billy, my man, my mellow, u been comin in here strong w/ the simple straight forward notions. I like it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

i put my race down because we continue to show how real these "stereotypes" are.  We continue to embarrass ourselves. My people are super sensitive when it comes to other races of people saying things about them and yet we continue to prove them right when we do something stupid.  %*#! our history.  what history we really have?  we are known for complaining about everything and blaming white people for everything...HBCU's are racist..idc how you put it..if there were any HWCU's, there will be an uproar.  Black people, as a whole will probably NEVER get better...why shouldnt i hate my people?  give me a reason to not be pessimistic about my people.
Don't even know where to start with you.......

i started to answer but changed my mind...

i will watch to see this go downhill like all the other posts...

You know what, you used to walk around here like some monster, constantly annoying people, like an internet bully or something.  I don't understand why you keep putting your race down, like you had some epiphany and are trying to reject everything you ever knew.  Stop trying to comfort the next man, you sound like some lost self-loathing negro ashamed of his history.You should read The Invisible Man, it's a good book for a person constantly voicing some of your thoughts.
i put my race down because we continue to show how real these "stereotypes" are.  We continue to embarrass ourselves. My people are super sensitive when it comes to other races of people saying things about them and yet we continue to prove them right when we do something stupid.  %*#! our history.  what history we really have?  we are known for complaining about everything and blaming white people for everything...HBCU's are racist..idc how you put it..if there were any HWCU's, there will be an uproar.  Black people, as a whole will probably NEVER get better...why shouldnt i hate my people?  give me a reason to not be pessimistic about my people.

I was gonna comment on what Fayban said right after you posted this, but it was locked.

The way he was talking, he might as well had just said "either you agree with me, or im gonna accuse you of being racist"

i mean come on now...

I hate when people say "what if there were an HWCU, or WET" etc.
What some of you fail to realize is that organizations the express a focus on African Americans
came about out of necessity not for the purpose of exclusivity.

Go get some fade cream.

Start there.

Maybe you'd like it better on the Michael Jackson/Sammy Sosa side of blackness...

Originally Posted by Club29

I was gonna comment on what Fayban said right after you posted this, but it was locked.

The way he was talking, he might as well had just said "either you agree with me, or im gonna accuse you of being racist"

i mean come on now...
I've never been an advocate of black and white, with or against, and clear cut distinctions between right and wrong.  I acknowledged the use of the word is a murky issue, but I'm still against it.
You can't possibly read my post and see his and not think something is wrong.

You need a Styles in your life, a mentor or something, no disrespect, because that type of mentality isnt healthy.

Originally Posted by F A Y B A N

Originally Posted by Club29

You know what, you used to walk around here like some monster, constantly annoying people, like an internet bully or something.  I don't understand why you keep putting your race down, like you had some epiphany and are trying to reject everything you ever knew.  Stop trying to comfort the next man, you sound like some lost self-loathing negro ashamed of his history. You should read The Invisible Man, it's a good book for a person constantly voicing some of your thoughts.

i mean come on now...
I've never been an advocate of black and white, with or against, and clear cut distinctions between right and wrong.  I acknowledged the use of the word is a murky issue, but I'm still against it.
You can't possibly read my post and see his and not think something is wrong.

You need a Styles in your life, a mentor or something, no disrespect, because that type of mentality isnt healthy.

Im not in a position to comment on that.

and im not really sure what a Styles is, although that part may not have been directed towards me.

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Go get some fade cream.

Start there.

Maybe you'd like it better on the Michael Jackson/Sammy Sosa side of blackness...
dude on that uncle ruckus steez, no relations.

Well i'll just say this because I have a feeling that this is gonna get ugly very fast.....
As far as the idea of "HWCU's"........they in fact do exist,however they are not called "HWCU's".The "HBCU" was born almost out of necessity because we were not welcomed into these prestigious institutes of higher learning.If things were different in the past these institutes probably wouldn't exist,however that's not the case.I don't know the state of the "HBCU" today,however I do understand the reason for them.

Originally Posted by doosta45

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Go get some fade cream.

Start there.

dude on that uncle ruckus steez.
why you edit that?  anyways i like being dark skinned, fam.  i also like being an educated black person. 

ugh another self hating black youth. Bro, all races have problems the goal of the future is for all of us to at least coexist. And based on the current, we are doing way better than we were before. One day there will be no race as everyone will just mix and be a bigger blend of colors than we already are.

Back
Top Bottom