Seriously, though. What is the point of the existence of HBCU's today?

Glv syndrome. I've been done with race threads though, ya'll should be too. Mostly it's some uneducated dumb %$%, not very well read, talking out his dumb %$% with the utmost confidence about dumb %$% $%+% he wouldn't dare open his mouth about in real life, cuz deep down inside, he knows he's a dumb %$%, but the internet is a great outlet to test. Not just this dude. Subscribe to general for the lulz, anything else it gets murky. Aye yi yi, i am a butterfly, i need your protection be my samurai.

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

Well i'll just say this because I have a feeling that this is gonna get ugly very fast.....
As far as the idea of "HWCU's"........they in fact do exist,however they are not called "HWCU's".The "HBCU" was born almost out of necessity because we were not welcomed into these prestigious institutes of higher learning.If things were different in the past these institutes probably wouldn't exist,however that's not the case.I don't know the state of the "HBCU" today,however I do understand the reason for them.
whats the reason for having a HBCU?  its pointless. it would be better to meet new people of all different backgrounds than secluding yourself. Isnt that the whole point of the Civil Rights movement???? For everyone to be able to study under the same institution?HBCU's are contradictions. They basically promote segregation in their quest to abolish segregation... It doesn't make sense to me

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

i refuse to listen to an unsuccessful black person with an afro, though. 
wink.gif
If you want to drudge up 5 year old pictures and start a flame session, have at it.  Either way, you need help.

Well i'll just say this because I have a feeling that this is gonna get ugly very fast.....
As far as the idea of "HWCU's"........they in fact do exist,however they are not called "HWCU's".The "HBCU" was born almost out of necessity because we were not welcomed into these prestigious institutes of higher learning.If things were different in the past these institutes probably wouldn't exist,however that's not the case.I don't know the state of the "HBCU" today,however I do understand the reason for them.
whats the reason for having a HBCU?  its pointless. it would be better to meet new people of all different backgrounds than secluding yourself. Isnt that the whole point of the Civil Rights movement???? For everyone to be able to study under the same institution?HBCU's are contradictions. They basically promote segregation in their quest to abolish segregation... It doesn't make sense to me
No they don't because everybody can attend an HBCU. WKU is an HBCU and over 50% white.

Originally Posted by Homer

Glv syndrome. I've been done with race threads though, ya'll should be too. Mostly it's some uneducated dumb %$%, not very well read, talking out his dumb %$% with the utmost confidence about dumb %$% $%+% he wouldn't dare open his mouth about in real life, cuz deep down inside, he knows he's a dumb %$%, but the internet is a great outlet to test. Not just this dude. Subscribe to general for the lulz, anything else it gets murky. Aye yi yi, i am a butterfly, i need your protection be my samurai.
Or in this case, attempt to make lulz.

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Go get some fade cream.

Start there.

Maybe you'd like it better on the Michael Jackson/Sammy Sosa side of blackness...
Leave Michael out of this.

whats the reason for having a HBCU?  its pointless. it would be better to meet new people of all different backgrounds than secluding yourself. Isnt that the whole point of the Civil Rights movement???? For everyone to be able to study under the same institution? HBCU's are contradictions. They basically promote segregation in their quest to abolish segregation... It doesn't make sense to me

ANYONE can attent a HBCU...its not exclusive to black people and you know that...for alot of people who attend HBCU's thats the most black people they've ever been around their life...they've been the minority in most situations so maybe they want to be somewhere where most of the people are like them...if you're so against them why not ask white people why they don't attend them instead of questioning why black people do...

i know not all HBCU's are up to par but lets not front like alot of other institutions are...

i think the whole diversity arguement is overrated...just my opinion of course...

lol i def. said i wasn't getting involved in this but it always bothers me to hear people talk down on HBCU's as if they should all shut down b/c we have the option to attend PWI which no one has a problem with even tho we weren't allowed to attend them for so long...

Originally Posted by SShanique

General Johnson wrote:

Go get some fade cream.

Start there.

Maybe you'd like it better on the Michael Jackson/Sammy Sosa side of blackness...
Leave Michael out of this.

Sooo you and J are dating.. WOW.. Dude is making fun of my friend yet he likes a 4 hmmmmm

I find it hilarious when dudes post something like this on NT..ole Jason Whitlock %*# $@!@%
laugh.gif

Fact is if you think we as a people have a problem...go out and try tohelp us..are you studying to become a teacher in an inner city area?
Do you go into neighborhoods and talk about how we need to stop the violence?

Most likely not...so stop posting threads like this on a forum where you know idiots are going to chime in and hop on wat youre sayin..

Originally Posted by lowslows

I find it hilarious when dudes post something like this on NT..ole Jason Whitlock %*# $@!@%
laugh.gif

Fact is if you think we as a people have a problem...go out and try tohelp us..are you studying to become a teacher in an inner city area?

Most likely not...so stop posting threads like this on a forum where you know idiots are going to chime in and hop on wat youre sayin..
Ironically, I get called a self-hating black man on NT although I do more to help the black community than those pointing the finger. I plan on focusing my services after I graduate to helping the economically disadvantaged. I have volunteered and taught in an inner city area. People are all talk
smh.gif

laugh.gif

/Thread.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

laugh.gif

Fact is if you think we as a people have a problem...go out and try to help us..are you studying to become a teacher in an inner city area?

Ironically, I get called a self-hating black man on NT although I do more to help the black community than those pointing the finger. I plan on focusing my services after I graduate to helping the economically disadvantaged. I have volunteered and taught in an inner city area. People are all talk
smh.gif

how do you know youre not assuming about them the same way they do you
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Theres people doing that now.  Black people just dont listen.   i blame the parents for raising black kids the way they do.  i blame BET..

I never understood why people try to downplay HBCUS and claim that they are exclusive for black people. Now if OP took a history class or maybe an African World Studies course, he would understand why HBCUS were established and why the still remain in todays day and age. on top of that, OP you really need to work on this " Black people will never be successful steez." In reality your part of the problem, in a sense your just as bad as a old racist southern bigot. And since you claim that your educated, instead of downplaying your race and your people you should try to uplift them to a higher standard. I really dislike when some talks down on their race but does nothing to uplift them. its straight foolishness.

& what are you helping by spreading your "almighty" blame young brother?

All your BS gets lost between you starting pointless beefs with rappers whom are far more sucessful than you will ever be & your general trolling on like 6 different names on here
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by ccookielover49

I never understood why people try to downplay HBCUS and claim that they are exclusive for black people. Now if OP took a history class or maybe an African World Studies course, he would understand why HBCUS were established and why the still remain in todays day and age. on top of that, OP you really need to work on this " Black people will never be successful steez." In reality your part of the problem, in a sense your just as bad as a old racist southern bigot. And since you claim that your educated, instead of downplaying your race and your people you should try to uplift them to a higher standard. I really dislike when some talks down on their race but does nothing to uplift them. its straight foolishness.
HBCU's no longer serve the purpose they once had, back in the day. (can you really deny this?)

Back
Top Bottom