***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

patrickcakes, you gonna hit up the picnic on the field thing? I decided not to...gonna go to the Matt Barnes golf tournament instead.

Little-known fact about Sandoval: He loves shoes. He had roughly 25 pair when he lived with the Musgraves and needed an extra suitcase just to take them all home to Venezuela one offseason. Well, Peggy tied the laces of all the shoes together as a way to tease him about having so many

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Little-known fact about Sandoval: He loves shoes. He had roughly 25 pair when he lived with the Musgraves and needed an extra suitcase just to take them all home to Venezuela one offseason. Well, Peggy tied the laces of all the shoes together as a way to tease him about having so many

pimp.gif

Maybe Pablo lurks?
nerd.gif

patrickcakes, you gonna hit up the picnic on the field thing? I decided not to...gonna go to the Matt Barnes golf tournament instead.
Ehhh, I'm not sure myself. It's not like I'm dying to get any autographs of anyone of the team right now. Lincecum and Cain on '09ASG baseballs would be nice, as well as getting a Randy Johnson 300 win poster signed, but their lines will be seriously long. Most likely I am though becausetheir giving away Virgin Airlines 2 for 1 vouchers away that day.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by John Ohh

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

going to be at the game vs the dodgers next month aug 8 weekend... anyone going to that game? should i get ready to bring on my flamesuit wearing my dodger gear???

lol a flamed suit wont do jack in real life

He might as well wear a bodybag,much easier.

If were 10 games back the only ones talking *%@+ are going to be the dudes that are wasted beyond belief
tired.gif

Anybody else feel like tomorrow's game is the biggest game of the year? It just feels like this could be the turning point in the season. If they lose with Lincecum on the mound, it could be demoralizing.

If we lose tomorrow

panic%20button.jpg

I'm going to hit it.

And for anyone that thinks Downs is the answer please log off.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=28472

[h3]TRADES: Giants to decide on Sanchez[/h3]
Jonathan Sanchez | Giants
You throw a no-hitter and several things can happen. For one, Jonathan Sanchez was temporarily removed from starter's purgatory. He also piqued the interest of other teams. But the Giants appear likely to retain Sanchez. A big reason, notes the Merc News, is the health of Randy Johnson. So while the Giants need offense, and Sanchez is a nice piece to dangle, they require his presence in the rotation.

I'm ony suprised there not trading him. The real question is who goes after a player who pitches one great game. Even if we were to trade him wewouldn't get the type of player to help with a playoff push. As much as I want to believe this is all about Sanchez I think this also speaks for how muchfaith they have in Zito.
tired.gif
And please I dont want to hear abouthis +@!%+@ run support. bottom line he just hasn't been getting it done AT ALL

laugh.gif
I cant believe I'm about to say this but Why didn't we goafter Pedro Martinez or John Smoltz

FRANCHISE 55- where is that from
nerd.gif
. lol same here school for you, work for me almost 20 hours the last twodays
sick.gif
I have tomorrow off so they better win
smile.gif

July 21, 2009

SAN FRANCISCO, CA: After the Giants have dropped three of the first four games of the second half of the 2009 season, management has decided to shake thing up a bit.

The Giants have optioned Kevin Fransden to Triple A and called up Matt Downs. They also have placed Rich Aurilia on the disabled list.

As Comcast Sportsnet Bay Area first reported last night, the Giants have now officially recalled Ryan Sadowksi from Triple A to start tonight against the Braves in Atlanta.
Are these @*@$* blind? I mean lets be serious what the $%%% does Kevin Fransden even on the %%%$**+ team for? His hussle?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
. I'm sorry but when your have a second half like were having wecan't call people up because they "play the right way"
eyes.gif
IWANT PRODUCTIVITY. I swear if I ever see him start a game this year I will write a letter to the Giants front office asking for my money back. Dude is a nicetripple A player but unless somehow we go on a tear dude should not be up for the rest of the season.

I could just see the look on Richie's faces ({NY} accent) "guys I'm fine" no Richie your not your taking up a roster spot your going on theDL
laugh.gif

I was thinking about going as well since I couldn't make it to the Lake Tahoe golf tournament. How are you getting your tickets? Haven'tbeen able to find a place online that's selling them.

Jason Marquis is gonna miss his start against us due to a finger blister. I guess it won't matter anyways if we keep hitting like this.

Whats gotten into Marquis? Never have I seen a pitcher pitch better after leaving St. Louis. I remember him with the Braves and he was always just okay.

Matt Morris?

He killed it here in San Fran.

Your theory just went out the window, my friend.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=sfo

[h3]TRADES: The untouchables?[/h3]While plenty of prospects -- and elite ones in the case of a possible move for Roy Halladay -- have been mentioned as the trade deadline approaches, Baseball America compiled a list of guys they say can't be had. Included are names like Buster Posey, who the Giants expect to take over for Bengie Molina at catcher next year. Others include Tim Beckham and Jesus Montero.

It's not a very extensive list:
• Buster Posey, c, Giants
• Jhoulys Chacin & Esmil Rogers, rhps, Rockies
• Jordan Lyles & Ross Seaton, rhps, Astros
• Brad Holt, rhp, Mets
• Danny Valencia, 3b, Twins
• Jesus Montero, c/dh, Yankees
• Tim Beckham, ss, Rays
• Mike Stanton, of, Marlins & Jason Heyward, of, Braves
• Clay Buchholz, rhp, Red Sox
• Martin Perez, lhp, Rangers

[table][tr][td][/td] [td] [font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Planned Tribute for Sue Burns[/font] [table][tr][td][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]On Monday, July 27 prior to the 7:15 game versus the Pirates, the Giants will pay tribute to Giants Senior General Partner Sue Burns, who passed away earlier this week.

Sue and her late husband, Harmon, were instrumental in preventing the Giants from moving to Florida in 1992 by joining a group of local investors to purchase and keep the team in San Francisco. She also played a key role in the building of AT&T Park, ensuring that the Giants would remain in San Francisco for generations to come. Sue could always be found in her front row seat next to the Giants Dugout dressed in her signature orange and cheering for her beloved orange and black.

In the past decade, she attended at least 1,000 Giants games. Fans attending Monday night's game are encouraged to wear orange in honor of Sue. [font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]More »[/font]
[/font][/td] [td]
sue_burns_275x235.jpg
[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Senior General Partner, Sue Burns was a fixture at games in San Francisco. The Giants will pay tribute to Giants Senior General Partner Sue Burns on Monday, July 27, prior to the 7:15 game versus the Pirates[/font][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]

Back
Top Bottom