***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

Cot damn, Bengie's slow!
smh.gif

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Looks like Haren has begun his usual second half collapse. 5.82 ERA in his last 3 starts.
I cited that in the fantasy baseball league. I thought this year would be different for Haren because he's having an outstanding year.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Bad news is that it sucks for my fantasy baseball team... good news is that it will probably drop Haren's name from the Cy Young discussion.

^I've been trying to unload him since the All Star break too, but no takers. I guess everybody knows about his second half history as well.

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Monday, August 3[/td] [td][img]http://houston.astros.mlb.com/images/schedule/icon_ticket.gif[/img] Minute Maid Park | 7:05 PM CT[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
probables_divider.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [/td] [td]Matt Cain, RHP (12-2, 2.12)
Giants (58-47)[/td] [td]@[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Mike Hampton, LHP (6-8, 5.36)
Astros (52-53)[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
probables_divider.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Scouting Report:
Giants: Cain is certainly setting the pace for his fellow National League Cy Young Award candidates, teammate Tim Lincecum among them. Wednesday against the Pittsburgh Pirates, Cain allowed just three hits and whiffed four over nine innings of work but received a no-decision in the Giants' extra-inning victory. The right-hander has received 5.15 runs of support per game, the most among San Francisco's starters. He finished July with a 3-0 record and 1.23 ERA. In his lone start against the Houston Astros in 2008, Cain pitched eight innings and won.
Astros: Four of Hampton's six wins this year have come against the Pirates. He was rocked for eight hits and a season-high nine runs in his previous start Wednesday in Chicago, losing to the Cubs for the first time since 2000. He's 15-4 with a 3.59 ERA in 26 career appearances (23 starts) against the Giants.
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Tuesday, August 4[/td] [td][img]http://houston.astros.mlb.com/images/schedule/icon_ticket.gif[/img] Minute Maid Park | 7:05 PM CT[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
probables_divider.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [/td] [td]Jonathan Sanchez, LHP (4-9, 4.81)
Giants (58-47)[/td] [td]@[/td] [td] [/td] [td]To be announced
probables_divider.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Scouting Report:
Giants: Staked to a seven-run lead Thursday against the Philadelphia Phillies, Jonathan Sanchez yielded two runs on three hits over 5 2/3 frames. He lacked control at times, walking three. The lefty has issued at least three free passes in 13 of 17 starts this season. Sanchez finished the month with a 2-1 record and 3.25 ERA; that included his July 10 no-hitter. In his last appearance against the Houston Astros on July 3, Sanchez pitched two scoreless innings of relief.

[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Wednesday, August 5[/td] [td][img]http://houston.astros.mlb.com/images/schedule/icon_ticket.gif[/img] Minute Maid Park | 1:05 PM CT[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
probables_divider.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [/td] [td]To be announced
Giants (58-47)[/td] [td]@[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Brian Moehler, RHP (7-6, 4.99)
probables_divider.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Scouting Report:
Giants: This was Ryan Sadowski's slot in the rotation until the Giants optioned the rookie right-hander to Triple-A Fresno on Saturday. Sadowski allowed one run on three hits Friday against the Philadelphia Phillies but left the game after four innings with tightness in his throwing shoulder. He was 0-4 in his previous four outings prior to the demotion. Manager Bruce Bochy was not yet prepared to announce who would make this start against the Houston Astros but confirmed that Joe Martinez and Kevin Pucetas, both pitching well at Triple-A Fresno, were among the candidates.
Astros: Moehler pitched well in his previous start Friday in St. Louis, a game the Astros lost when the bullpen allowed two runs in the eighth. Moehler went 6 2/3 innings and gave up seven hits and two runs, including a homer to Mark DeRosa. That was his seventh quality starts in his past nine outings, lowering his ERA to 4.99. He's 1-1 with an 8.88 ERA in six career games against the Giants.
[/td] [/tr][/table]
I dont see the astros winning with these guys pitching
laugh.gif

Eh, Giants haven't proven they can win on the road no matter who we have pitching. Astros can hit and in that park it's going to be tough to win. Should be a good series.

It shouldn't be a good series it should be a great series we should take all 3
smh.gif

I SWEAR, EVERY RUN WE SCORED I WASN'T PAYING ATTENTION AND READING STUFF ONLINE.

I SHOULD %!++#@+ CHANGE THE CHANNEL

edit: wait
smh.gif
CSN had the wrong score It said 3-3

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by chris82790

if we dnt win today we're not winning the series
we will lose today and we will get swept, count on that.
its sad, but ur probably right. i have the same mindset. we havent proved ANYTHING on the road

shake my god damn head. This team is HORRIBLE on the road, and dont expect to make the playoffs playing like this.
Damn Matt cain.

yesterday zito gets pulled after pitching 6. very similiar situation with bases juiced and 1 out. cain was pitching well, but dont we need to go for the bighit? bochy did it yesterday. i know its all in hindsight, but im just saying that if thats his game plan for a game, it needs to be carried over. yes cain isbetter than zito. thats given. but runs are a rarity more often than not.

I blame the third base coach for not sending Garko. He should have known they were going to walk Winn to face Cain! Never over look any team to those who werecalling for sweep. Looks like it might be us who are going to be swept out of town.

Originally Posted by NikeSinceBirth

yesterday zito gets pulled after pitching 6. very similiar situation with bases juiced and 1 out. cain was pitching well, but dont we need to go for the big hit? bochy did it yesterday. i know its all in hindsight, but im just saying that if thats his game plan for a game, it needs to be carried over. yes cain is better than zito. thats given. but runs are a rarity more often than not.
this.

we struggle as it is on the road and that was a great time to get some runs in.

Back
Top Bottom